Page 3 of 88
Quote by Teeth2483
Cynic are great!

I'm more of an Atheist fan though.

I was too but after a few spins Focus quickly became my favorite album.
I love Cynic but I was wondering (not that it will change my opinion on them), but I read somewhere that Sean Reinert and Paul are both gay. Is this true?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
Never heard anything of the sort, but Reinert's wikipedia page says the two are lifelong friends. Which would make it an odd coincidence if they were both gay (I'm seriously not trying to suggest anything here).
Quote by Tehzekester
Paul's not gay.

Paul was in Death.

That automatically makes you the one of the straightest men alive.

That was supposed to be ironic, right? B/c wasn't Chuck gay?
Wasn't Cynic getting back together or something?
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
I really started listening to these guys last summer and from what I've heard I like them. I think the robot vocals sound cool and add to the unique sound of the band.
Quote by BadBishop
Wasn't Cynic getting back together or something?

They did last year, as far as I know it wasn't just a one-off but I don't think anyone really knows what they're gonna do next...
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic
Quote by Charlatan_001
B/c wasn't Chuck gay?

wut?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

man this thread is confusing the crap outta me lol
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Chuck isn't gay

"Staring your severed head in the face
I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace
Hanging your mangled corpse for display
My revenge was fulfilled upon this day"

Mutilation, track 5 off Scream Bloody Gore

if anything he's homophobic
Still holding some small faint hope for the possibility of a Cynic, Alarum, Ne Obliviscaris Australian tour sometime in the future.

I can keep dreaming i guess.....
I actually heard the same about Masvidal and Reinert being gay. Obviously, I wouldn't appreciate them any less, but is it true?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Tehzekester
Paul's not gay.

Paul was in Death.

That automatically makes you the one of the straightest men alive.

Siggied.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
Quote by Tim Charles
Still holding some small faint hope for the possibility of a Cynic, Alarum, Ne Obliviscaris Australian tour sometime in the future.

I can keep dreaming i guess.....

Well, Mark from Alarum did mention he's still trying to get something organised in regards to bringing Atheist or Cynic (can't remember right now) to Australia...
Quote by Tehzekester
Chuck isn't gay

"Staring your severed head in the face
I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace
Hanging your mangled corpse for display
My revenge was fulfilled upon this day"

Mutilation, track 5 off Scream Bloody Gore

if anything he's homophobic

I wouldn't trust lyrics, as they can be taken out of context.

My friends claim that they heard somewhere that Chuck was gay, tis all. Not that I would change my opinion about the music, just wondering.
Quote by Xenoyr
Well, Mark from Alarum did mention he's still trying to get something organised in regards to bringing Atheist or Cynic (can't remember right now) to Australia...

I think Atheist is far more likely. That would still be great! But Cynic live would be unbelievable.

I actually think it's probably more realistic we'd play with them in the US than in Oz though... don't like the chances of Cynic making it here.
Quote by Charlatan_001
I wouldn't trust lyrics, as they can be taken out of context.

My friends claim that they heard somewhere that Chuck was gay, tis all. Not that I would change my opinion about the music, just wondering.

According to Empty Words
Quote by EmptyWords.org
Hello. Did Chuck have any girlfriend that he was really close to? He probably had lots of girlfriends but were there any important women in his life besides you and his sister? Thanks.
Chuck had in his life a lovely lady by the name of Kim whom he loved.

Quote by bsoates
I love Cynic but I was wondering (not that it will change my opinion on them), but I read somewhere that Sean Reinert and Paul are both gay. Is this true?

I've heard the same, and have always been curious as to the truth of this. I guess you could always ask on CynicalSphere, Simon would more than likely know, but who knows how he or the other mod might perceive such a question.

I've also wondered about the truth of The Philosopher being about Paul. From reading interviews with Paul, and hearing him talk in videos, it does make sense that it could be about Paul, but who knows...

Regardless, Textures FTW!
Quote by Tim Charles
I think Atheist is far more likely. That would still be great! But Cynic live would be unbelievable.

I don't know how many of you know this, but Atheist are over. Their last show (probably ever) was at Hellfest 2007, france (and I was front row ). There is supposed to be DVD of that show coming out sometime.

And Cynic live is really disappointing.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Here is Cynic performing a NEW SONG called Evolutionary Sleeper in 2007. VERY good quality and I like the intro as I'm posting this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0MQJTVYwVw
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
^ I love that song, I hope they decide to make more.
Also the remix of "Im but a wave to..." is awsome. Does anyone know if they remixed any other songs?
Yeah I'm really surprised there weren't any replies to it on this thread as well. I even thought of making a whole thread to that song. It was the first new material they've had in 14 years why not?
Quote by BigRudy
Quote by diminishedtobme
Also the remix of "Im but a wave to..." is awsome. Does anyone know if they remixed any other songs?

Yes, the new cynic song kicks ass, I hope they make another album.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by diminishedtobme

They remixed Veil of Maya and How Could I, also.
some of the riffage is great tbh. alot of it sucks though... *cough*
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
The news of the new album were on UG yesterday too, I think it's still on the front page... ****ing yes!

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
i pretty much creamed my pants after i saw the faith no more reunion article and news about another cynic album.
Chuck was definately not gay... he was a pretty homophobic, southern raised type guy. I'm pretty much convinced that Paul is at least bi. Its hinted in his lyrics as well as of course in The Philosopher. but meh, who cares about that bs..... CYNIC ARE MAKING NEW SONGS OMGGGG
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Are Sean Malone and Jason Goble gonna play on the new album? What about the guy who did the Death metal style vocals on Focus? Will he be on it also?
^According to metal archives, I don't think either were on tour with Cynic. And Tony Teegarden did the harsh vocals, and he was on tour with them I believe.
He wasn't with them when I saw them...

As far as I know, all the harsh vocals were on playback.
MA must be outdated then, as it still has his name under current members. And I guess Paul can't or doesn't want to do harsh vocals anymore? He had a Chuck Schuldiner-like growl before Focus