Page 3 of 22
David Crowder Band.

And btw, when you mean a christian band do you mean they also sing songs praising Jesus and God or do you mean they are christian but don't necessarily have to sing christian songs?
alls i got is:

relient k
blindside
project 86
hawk nelson
pod
august burns red
mae
thousand foot krutch
kids in the way
sanctus real
fm static
salvador
tree 63
building 429

just for the record, the only christian in creed was the lead singer
I think zao is one of the best christian bands i've heard.
I never knew underoath and as i lay dying were christian, but there not bad either.
Another good band to mention would be the showdown.
A lot of people think christian bands suck, but theres alot of bands that not many people know about that are good
well there are very few and far between... As I Lay Dying isn't that spectacular mind you

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
i read through this whole thread...at around 3:30 am here in nyc. It was worth it though; i got some good songs for our praise night.

I thought you people should check out Shane Barnard and/or "Shane and Shane." I've heard people not liking their vocals, but i beleive they are good. They do both electric and acoustic songs.

One notable song to check out is The Answer (both original and acoustic). They've got some cheesy songs, but it's definately worth it to weed out the good ones. Trust moi.

all the best,
Ian
Thrice aren't christians. there is no way that is even possible
MY GEAR:

Epiphone SG '61 reissue
Traynor Guitarmate 20 watt (soon to be installed with a 100 watt loudspeaker!)
Digitech Rp effects pedal
A really sweet looking strap

here's a cool site:

click here please!
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Thrice?

Although Thrice themselves do not fall under the heading of "Christian Hardcore", Kensrue himself is a Christian. Almost all of his lyrics are inspired by Christian morals and their place (or lack thereof) in society today, with Kensrue drawing much lyrical inspiration from the 20th century author C.S. Lewis, who penned the well-known Chronicles Of Narnia books and countless books on Christianity.

Says Wikipedia. thats what I always use when i wonder about something.
Quote by Scorger
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United
Hillsong United

Go Hillsong!
Quote by neveragain_off
Thrice aren't christians. there is no way that is even possible

three of the four members of thrice are christians. The only one who isn't is the drummer. So, they aren't a christian band, but a lot of their songs have christian meanings. Check out the new cd. "Image of the invisible" is very christian.
Let's break out the shotguns, we're going to town
^ Most christian girls are hot, so maybe converting isn't half-bad? JK...

I'm wondering though, is Collective Soul a christian band?

Oh, and the new band Flyleaf is christian I believe.
Most christians are geeks.... Not worth converting.
No christian bands have made me happy anyway.
By the way, I know this is gonna spark off a huge argument, but I read somewhere that Evanescence are not Christian.
The best Christian rockers are
Kutless
Pillar
Thousand Foot Krutch
12 Stones
Skillet
Third Day
Collective Soul aren't a "Christian band" but the frontman Ed Roland is. His brother, Dean is a Christian as well.

Kevin Max is the best "christian" artist on the market...although his fanbase isn't exclusively Christian as his music reaches a diverse crowd with his thought provoking lyrics....he was also a member of dc Talk. Check him out @ www.kevinmax.com
"I'll let you in on a little secret, we are Pearl Jam." - Dean Deleo
Quote by the_bride_2006
By the way, I know this is gonna spark off a huge argument, but I read somewhere that Evanescence are not Christian.

They aren't. The were associated with some Christian bands but they actually made it a big point to show that they aren't. I think in one interview they said something along the lines of "We aren't a f*cking Christian band." So I'm pretty sure that means they aren't.
did somebody mention "jars of clay"? because, they are mad good (especially their new cd). there aren't too many good & creative christian bands, though.
there is a lot of nice christian singer/songwriter stuff: eg. chris rice, jennifer knapp
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
Dunno if anyones mentioned them, but Mewithoutyou are a really cool band and also christian I think, but they're accesible to anyone (I'm not religeous in any way at all).
...Bleep Bloop...
okay if thrice are christians, then they are the most immoral ones there are. Why? if u no about the band My Chemical Romance, and read the liner notes of I Brought you my bullets, you brought me your love, the specificlly say:

Thanks to Thrice for giving us beer,
Drinking with us,
and watching us drink!

that is the way it goes.
MY GEAR:

Epiphone SG '61 reissue
Traynor Guitarmate 20 watt (soon to be installed with a 100 watt loudspeaker!)
Digitech Rp effects pedal
A really sweet looking strap

here's a cool site:

click here please!
^--they could be catholic? I derno.

but umm. not sure if anyone has said this yet. just check out some "christian" labels. ie, Tooth and Nail records. Solid State records.
Quote by neveragain_off
okay if thrice are christians, then they are the most immoral ones there are. Why? if u no about the band My Chemical Romance, and read the liner notes of I Brought you my bullets, you brought me your love, the specificlly say:

Thanks to Thrice for giving us beer,
Drinking with us,
and watching us drink!

that is the way it goes.

The Bible doesn't say its bad to drink, to get drunk is another thing. In our culture though if you are a Chrstian and you drink it's a big taboo thing.
Relient K, the best, the end I win, as far as avenged sevenfold I tihnk the reverand is christian(how ironic) and idk mabey johnny christ, but that could just be the name, there music tohugh sounds liek its off of the bible or whatever(ex.beast and the harlot) but the've officially stated that it isent so are soem members christian? yes does that make them christian? certainly not, do they rock out loud? well i should say so
i got told lamb of god were a christian band but i got a live song and they started swearing so im not sure.
i know dave mustaine is a christian from megadeath.

about like 6 months ago in kerrang there was a big christian thing i can tell you.

i know that the singer of killswitch engage is christian 2.
I've heard of a few of these bands, but haven't had the chance to hear them. Any band that tries to spread the message of Christ is okay with me, as long as they have some interesting tunes to go along with it. I don't care what a song talks about, I won't listen if the music isn't good.
Gentlemen, fill me with barbeque sauce cause I'm dumb as hell!
Quote by Chimairasoulfly
i got told lamb of god were a christian band but i got a live song and they started swearing so im not sure.

They are pretty much the opposite, the used to be called Burn The Preist, they name is somewhat ironic.
Quote by somepunkkid
Switchfoot is decent but i wouldnt really classify them as christian

Swithfoot's old stuff definately was, they were on a Christian label and all that. I've known about them since 1996 or so because they were in the Christian music scene. They are still Christians but their music doesn't really have a message to it like it used to.
Not christian, but Matisyahu is some good jewish reggae
Wade in the water, child.
thanks for clearing up the lamb of god christian mess.

because i now realise my friend is a twat for telling me that.

i also downloaded a load of that burn the priest stuff.

its quite good lol
Are You Dead Yet?
heres the ultimate christian rock list:
Relient K
Five Iron Frenzy
Our Lady Peace (there christians believe it or not)
Kiros
Demonhunter
Audio Adrenalin
Skillet
Switchfoot
Delerious
Hillsong
Downhere

...yeah there are more but im lazy...add to if if yah want
slash...he's all like... wow
and Jars of clay are ok but they suck live
slash...he's all like... wow