Page 4 of 22
CREED SUCKS AND IS NOT A CHRISTIAN ROCK BAND!

LISTEN TO SKILLET

Other good Christian Rock Bands
Thousand Foot Krutch
Falling Up
Pillar
Superchic(k)
Seven Day Slumber
Chevelle

To be a christian rock band you have to actually acknowledge that you are a Christian Rock band. Bands like Creed, Alterbridge and Alter Bridge, George Harrison, and a bunch of other bands you have mentioned are not Christian rock bands. Neither is Evanescence, MORONS! I don't care if their lyrics sounds like they might be Christian.
Last edited by Skillet#1fan at Apr 15, 2006,
Hey I have two questions about this subject.

First, are there any Christian Bands that have a "Dance Rock" sound to them? For example, The Moving Units, The Rapture... well "Indie" bands to be more general.

Second, anyone know any Christian Electronic groups or artists? Coincidentially some kids mentioned Christian music cant have electronica as a genre, I highly doubt this for I dont think it matters.
Quote by Skillet#1fan
CREED SUCKS AND IS NOT A CHRISTIAN ROCK BAND!

LISTEN TO SKILLET

Other good Christian Rock Bands
Thousand Foot Krutch
Falling Up
Pillar
Superchic(k)
Seven Day Slumber
Chevelle

To be a christian rock band you have to actually acknowledge that you are a Christian Rock band. Bands like Creed, Alterbridge and Alter Bridge, George Harrison, and a bunch of other bands you have mentioned are not Christian rock bands. Neither is Evanescence, MORONS! I don't care if their lyrics sounds like they might be Christian.

Those are the generic modern rock type Christian bands if anyone is wondering. Don't judge all Christian bands based on those.
has nobody ever heard zao?!?! as i lay dying got their start OPENING for zao! zao is a great band... you should check them out. ravage ritual rules
chevelle and the rest suck. Yes Relient K is for little pussies and POD is a rip off of RATM.
1# member of R.I.P layne staley club pm me to join
Coolest people on UG
Alucard ll
Kendawg4TooL
XeNoCiDe730
Thembones 16
Stepco
Ticks&Leeches
theWretched
Sadisticmonkey
michelangelo!
Kartman
DownInAhole
rockon1824
Rhinosaur Bones
^great way to post a constructive argument ... POD, while nothing special, don't sound to me like RATM... it's like saying that Alice In Chains sounds exactly like Nirvana... similar sort of genres, except RATM is not nu-metal and never was. As for the rest of Christian bands like CHevelle or whatever, I just think they lack attitude. I always get the feel from them that they are just trying to prove to everyone that "god has good music too" - in that sort of tone of voice, instantly on the defensive. Maybe not down to the particular bands, but that's the general feel of the scene. And there is just something that I can't quite put my finger on, but I never liked about that sort of music. Maybe because it goes against my belifes (life morals and beliefs in general, not religious necessarily). Maybe it's because I like to make up my own mind on the issues and I don't like the preaching attitude that Christian bands have adopted. By Christian bands I assume we all mean the bands that have an agenda and that spread the message through lifestyle and lyrics, as opposed to just band members being christian but not using music as a tool to spread their message.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
As I Lay Dying
Underoath
As Cities Burn
Mae
Emery
Mewithoutyou

......those are the ones I like.
Theres more but I can't think of them right now...
Quote by The Mofaster
Hey I have two questions about this subject.

First, are there any Christian Bands that have a "Dance Rock" sound to them? For example, The Moving Units, The Rapture... well "Indie" bands to be more general.

Second, anyone know any Christian Electronic groups or artists? Coincidentially some kids mentioned Christian music cant have electronica as a genre, I highly doubt this for I dont think it matters.

There isnt really any Christian Indie rock in the contemporary christian scene at least not yet. And the only Christian electronica/techno I can think of is a group called Raze (or something like that) they do have Christian Dj like Dj Light is one that I know of. but you have to really search deep online if you want to hear some good ol christian techno music they are very deep down under ground.
Here's a few really AWESOME Christian bands/artists:

Casting Crowns
Chris Tomlin
Third Day
Tod Agnew
MercyMe
Grand Prize (they're kinda new still)
Avalon
FFH
Selah
Bebo Norman
Toby Mac
DC-Talk
PlusOne has gotten even BETTER since they're first album.
Quote by LiLJesusFreak
There isnt really any Christian Indie rock in the contemporary christian scene at least not yet. And the only Christian electronica/techno I can think of is a group called Raze (or something like that) they do have Christian Dj like Dj Light is one that I know of. but you have to really search deep online if you want to hear some good ol christian techno music they are very deep down under ground.

Haha, oh man Raze. The black guy in that group got in trouble for having sex with a thirteen year old girl. I had forgotten about them intil now. They are crappy dance/pop anyway.
P.o.D.
Pillar
Day of fire
thrid day
creed-like it not the lyrics were people
also there one metallica song about the passover but i wouldn't say they christian.
hmmm i'n not really into Christian music, but i do have to say Pillar is good, as well as POD and Norma Jean
Quote by pehka
Is it so cool to be christian?

Yes, Jesus is the man and the only way to get heaven.Also,collective soul
have some christians lyrics out there.The lead singer dad was a preacher.I
think they are to a extent.they band logo bothers me though.
Quote by Cavemans_View
Yes, Jesus is the man and the only way to get heaven.

Sure he is

I seen someone mentioned Chevelle... They are NOT a christian band!
anything from tooth and nail, solidstate, flicker, mono vs stereo, or facedown records is christian. also sinai beach and comeback kid from victory records and copeland from the militia group. thats my music.
Quote by Paroxysm
Sure he is

I seen someone mentioned Chevelle... They are NOT a christian band!

Actually they were, originally. Now they still get play on Christians stations and all that but they have made an effort to get away from that somewhat.
Quote by Amy_Lee
Funeral For A Friend. Was extremely surprised to find out they were Christo. They're alright though.

Hmm I didn't know that one. Where did you hear that?
Good Christian Bands:

Caedmon's Call
Skillet
EverybodyDuck
Jars of Clay
Seven Places
Bleach (sometimes)
Kutless
Third Day
my personal favourite christian bands have to be Underoath, Stryper, mewithoutYou, Relient K, Skillet, and Delirious.

I just saw Delirious at a 2-day concert. Oh man they were so awesome. I was in the very front, right in the mosh pit. it was great.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CREED IS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND AND NEITHER IS ALTER BRIDGE!!!
thank you.
Do a barrel roll!
Anberlin is about the best Christian band out there right now.
Stryper is awesome.
Jars of Clay, incredibly good. I love them.
Norma Jean is good if you like harder stuff.
Haste the Day for hardcore, very good.
Zao, good hardcore, again.

Skillet SUCKS
Relient K SUCKS
For God's sake don't listen to those two bands, please.
Last edited by lespaul_rentals at May 7, 2006,
Maylene & The Sons Of Disaster
Underoath
Norma Jean
As I Lay Dying
Sinia Beach
Kutless

Creed and Alter Bridge are not Christian.
Here are some 'alternative' bands i know are christian bands...
Still Remains,
As I lay Dying,
Norma jean,
Underoath,
Comeback kid,
Emery,
He is Legend.

and who knows when As i lay dying are playing in Melbourne?
Smp
Most of the stuff I like has already been listed, but Killswitch Engage is by far my favorite these days, if you say they're not christian, thats fine,but look up lyrics to any song from any album and tell me what you would consider them because they are like freakin worship music.

I think its dumb for christian to be a genre, all it does is make people not even want to try it out. A genre should be chosen for the type of music, not what the lyrics are about, they dont have a political rock section at the music store. Im in a band with some guys from my church and if people ask what kind of band we are, I tell them alternative or hard rock. But if they ask me what the musics about, I'll tell them that it is mostly about God because thats my passion and what I look to for inspiration just like bob marley and pot (half kidding).

If christian bands really want to use their music to touch peoples lives, the first step is to get them to listen to it, but if you label yourself with a big I LOVE JESUS sticker, no one wants to give you a shot, and understandably so, theres alot of christian music out there that is cheesy and talentless, but that doesn't mean they all have to be, not to brag, but I think a non christian could enjoy my bands music even though they dont have the same beliefs as me.
flyleaf
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Quote by janry2
to whoever who said that Creed is not a Christian band.......well how about the fact that their vocalist(i don't know his name) is a Pastor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uhmmmmmmmmmm.......

also their title is like the catholic proffession of faith,like the baisis of thier faith(besides the bible and **** like that though)
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Quote by Strat_Player
Avenged seven fold IS NOT christian

which is funny, considering their name, stage names, and lyrics are full of Biblical references.
Creed "dumb****s" or now as we call it the " the sucky bunch," (Alterbridge) are ****ing terrible. I wonder if they pray to their God in bed at night and ask for talent.
ive said it once already, but Blindside. If you are musicly inclined at all you need to listen to these guys. If you think they arent heavy or whatever then youre an idiot. Try a Swedish Hardcore band lol. Listen to songs from their self titled album, A Thought Crushed My Mind and Silence. Those CDs will throw you on your back!

also, Chris Rice has the most amazing voince Ive ever heard. And his songwriting makes me idk..melt i guess. Smell the Color 9 is one of my favs.

-save TubaDude-
Quote by Holy Katana
which is funny, considering their name, stage names, and lyrics are full of Biblical references.

Yeah thats true but they aren't. They were just raised around it, in Catholic school and stuff.
Quote by archangels666
The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Creed...And Alter Bridge, if they count.

creed is not a christian band! if you're looking for a christian band that sounds like creed, try kutless, 12 stones, seventh day slumber, and lifehouse.