Page 1 of 65
Matt_sXe_Long
AFI > You AFI > Me
152 IQ
So... the new song is available on myspace, and it's fantastic.
the new album is due out spring this year, and it's shaping up to be fantastic (see UG home page today for more info)

so who's waiting for the album, and who can't wait for a tour?
xpurplepolkadot
Banned
10 IQ
i hope this is going to be a great album, a couple of years sing sing the sorrow, the anticapation of this album i can tell is high, i wonder where they r going 2 tour...who might they be with on tour?
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Keep it clean guys. This will be the only thread from now on.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Matt_sXe_Long
AFI > You AFI > Me
152 IQ
can you do me a favour, and if any of the old problems should srise, can you delete the comments.

anyway, i hope they tour england, i've been gagging to see them ever since STS came out. what i love about AFI is their ability to evolve with music. originally they were just a punk band, but then as they evolved as people, their music evolved too, and now it has no genre to describe or classify it (although punk will do)
AFI fan extrodinare.

BUGGRIT! MILLENIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!
xpurplepolkadot
Banned
10 IQ
yea they have a class of their own, they written 80-100 songs, i have no clue if they were in a rush or they had lots of ideas, and cutting it down 2 just 22 and only recording 14... those 14 must be really good
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Quote by xpurplepolkadot
yea they have a class of their own, they written 80-100 songs, i have no clue if they were in a rush or they had lots of ideas, and cutting it down 2 just 22 and only recording 14... those 14 must be really good

lets hope so.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
«ÃFireÏnside»
Dancing Alone
53 IQ
Should be interesting to hear.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
I like all their stuff... I'll be checking out the myspace song
HateBreeders138
11 IQ
I heard the new song. Its pretty good. If you like afi or the misfits/samhain/danzig or horror rock in general i would check out Son of Sam, a side project involving Davey. Its good ****.
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
By new song, do you mean Rabbits are Roadkill on Route 37, or an actual new song?
Matt_sXe_Long
AFI > You AFI > Me
152 IQ
rabbits are roadkill, but (from what i've heard from the official forums) a new song will be up by the end of the month.
AFI fan extrodinare.

BUGGRIT! MILLENIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!
caught22
"slamjam"
496 IQ
just another cd from a band i love coming out this spring the vines new album is coming out in april as well.

it'll be cool to hear the songs that they chose to be on the album out of 100 and somewhat songs they wrote, if they are any good.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Bump innit.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Ignite
   
2,078 IQ
Ah... AFI. My favorite band. Kinda at the obsessed stage right now. Got all their CDs 'n stuff.

Anyone know how to get a good Jade tone? Like, what kind of gear would I need? I don't want to copy it completely, but he has a NICE guitar tone on STS.
die_kenny_die
[drink][fight][fvck]
94 IQ
what's the album called?

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
yes they are.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
sargasm
1,817 IQ
They used to be.

Then they decided to start playing music that doesn't suck.

But we still talk about them here, because it would be a pain if there were threads about thim in more than one forum.

Get over it.
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
it's hard to classify them now but i dig both styles but it's great to see an only thread aboot them nontheless.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Ignite
   
2,078 IQ
It seems like everything that AFI does is great IMO. I like almost every song they've made. From the speed-punkish oldskool, to then new dark melodic rock with little bit of punk thrown in there.

RHCPhyco8 is right, it's really hard to classify them. But if you listen to the song "The Prayer Postition" then that's downright rock.

As I've already asked, lol... Does anyone know how to get Jade's eargasmic tone (or something similar) from STS? It's a really great tone...
JohnnyNapalm
UG Board King
1,727 IQ
Their first album "Answer that and Stay fashionable" is almost orgasmic.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
misfitsdisciple
Punk Rocker
862 IQ
almost, then they throw in "highschool football hero" and ruin it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
AusRottenApples
UG Newbie
65 IQ
I wonder if Davey nut's have dropped. I swear his voice went from slightly high, to kinda low, then way back up to 'nuts in a vice grip' high. He needs to hit a second puberty.

Anyhow, I can't wait for the cd.
sargasm
1,817 IQ
It's called vocal range. It has nothing to do with the position of his genitalia. He's just a very good singer.
im not mental
litrally drake
3,995 IQ
what do you guys think of that treasure hunt they're doing? i think it's really awesome. more bands should do stuff like that.
Go Veg.
jckido21
ultimate awesum kid
288 IQ
i really like all aspects of afi, tthe sorta emoish stage and the old school punk, and melodic rock stage, all were pretty awesome and cant wait for their cd
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
sargasm
1,817 IQ
Quote by im not mental
what do you guys think of that treasure hunt they're doing? i think it's really awesome. more bands should do stuff like that.

I remember calling the weight of words number when the email first came out, and later getting the (000)012-3456 call (which creeped me out because I didn't realise it was related)

I regret not having kept up with it since then.

Appearently there are supposed to be answers to the various STS riddles with the new album. Nothing resembling an answer to anything has popped up yet though.
Zaigonen
223 IQ
haha, i dunno if anyone here is familliar with the language but the courus in bleed bl;ack always used to sound like it was in welsh lol

just thought that was quite funny
guh
Sk8 that Mutha F***a
323 IQ
If it hasnt been stated yet, the new album comes out june 6th and is called decemberunderground
sargasm
1,817 IQ
Appearently they will be playing headlining dates between their warped dates, which is exciting, because it may mean I get to see them twice, or even 3 times over a few days (If they play a Calgary warped date, a Calgary headlining date, and an Edmonton date which I can drive up for)
Prince
born to lose
390 IQ
Quote by Brandon Cruz
ok, i will admit i watched a little bit of the grammy's last night. just the red carpet part with my 5 year old daughter. she likes kelly clarkson. there was an interesting comment made by a **** rock star that made me think about the state of music today, and here is what i think. i think it sucks.

the interview was with don dokken. ****ing dokken. **** rock at it's worst. dokken, arena rock, journey, melodies, power ballads, spandex, eyeliner, all that was wrong with music when punk started is back, and it's called punk by some ignorant people. dokken was asked who he liked in todays young groups. he said everybody. everybody is good to him because they were bringing back melody to their music. he said he liked sum 41 and avenged sevenfold. that pretty much sums it up right there. if dokken likes it, i hate it. i hate everything dokken does and will do. punk started out as a protest against the stale old **** that was on the air. bands that looked the same, sounded the same, got all the groupies, cocaine, and radio airplay were the enemy. punk bands were different back then. at one gig in london you could see sham 69, the clash, and the sex pistols and the slits. or in new york you could see television, talking heads, the ramones, and the dictators. in l.a. you could see the dils, the germs, the go go's, and black flag. not one of those bands looked or sounded like the others. it was raw, it was brutal, it was free and fun and crazy and true. it was what we were. it said what we were thinking. punk got a little carried away in the early hardcore years, with some newer bands drawing violent assholes who had a certain look to them, but the music was still different. middle class, bad religion, social distortion, the adolescents, they all were amazing and true and real. they played for the fun of it. there were no rock stars. in san francisco, dead kennedys opened for the germs, with flipper opening the show with a 45 minute version of sex bomb. the germs were a punk band. so was X. how different were they from each other? very different. that was the point. a common unity in protest and anti establishment, yet a very different approach in music, tempo, lyrics, etc... a new and different point of view that relected our ideals and our lives. it was as true a form of expression as we could get.

now what? what the **** is this new **** that people call punk? my chemical romance, avenged sevenfold, afi, fall out boy? these are giant bands now. they are the journeys and the fleetwood macs and the foreigners of today. the warped tour might as well be called the cash in on punk tour. there are still one or two bands on there who i like, but it has turned on itself, and eaten its own foot. we have let them take our music, our culture, our look and idea's and our very souls, and turn them into bank accounts, world wide press, and a huge fan base. sure, some kids will buy whatever you stick in front of them, but there are thankfully some younger kids who know what is true. these are the kids throwing backyard gigs, playing gigs with 3 people at them, going out in a van and playing basements. they are carrying on in the true punk tradition. i am 43 years old and i have never once thought of playing anything else. our drummer is 17. i could be his grandfather, but we share a love and a passion for punk rock music that transcends generations. he respects the old school, and i respect his young ideals and energy. we have a common thread that runs through punks. punk used to mean something to a lot of people. there are a few of us left. there are a million, if not millions out there who think they know what punk is. they have no clue, and i am not going to tell them. when i was younger i had to get to a gig any way possible. there was no internet, no file sharing. if i wanted to hear new music i had to find it, usually through a van load of other punks coming in to l.a. from all over the place. m.d.c. selling their first record at okie dogs. bad brains hanging out at the whiskey, handing out that first yellow cassette. amazing stuff. it still happens today, but not as often. punk still exists. it's in the heart and soul of an underground scene that is still kicking up it's heels in a beautiful display of life in the face of corporate death.

so, for those of you who look to mtv and the warped tour for punk rock, i can only laugh. for every million people out there who buy their uniform at hot topic and go see the latest in fashionably tragic boy bands de jour, there is a kid making a discharge shirt at home, trying to keep his ass from being kicked by the jocks and rednecks at school everyday, and keeping our music alive. go ahead and support those bands who are using us for profit. we don't want your fancy dollars anyway. this is not a trend, a fashion, or a hobby. this is my life. call me an asshole. i love it. if i have made you think, then punk still works.

**** dokken and **** rock. **** afi and small **** rock. that's all it is these days. pure ****. enjoy it.

-Brandon Cruz of Dr. Know
Prince
born to lose
390 IQ
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
AFI are for whimps.
Isn't that Davey guy gay?

holy damn would you look who it is
Prince
born to lose
390 IQ
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
ahaha
yep.
back to pollute the **** outta this place.

most of the oldschoolers are gone
sargasm
1,817 IQ
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
AFI are for whimps.
Isn't that Davey guy gay?

I hear if you listen to them, you're gay by association. I listened to them once, and I started thinking about penises, so I beat myself up.
sargasm
1,817 IQ
BTW, Nick...

OMFGNEWALBUMJUNE6ANDALSOWARPEDTOURANDALSOWHEREARETHEFIVEFLOWERSANDOMGCHARLOTTEWTFLOLOMFGOMFG!!!!!!!!!11111111
TiMaRmStRoNg101
UG's cracka blasta mofo
383 IQ
Omgwtfgdecemberundergrounfdimgoingmontrealwarpedandiftheydontplayimgointocalgaryforsyremxpxgoodcharlorteetetete Gkfkfjgnkgjnfg!@ww

edit: caps