Page 1 of 2
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
I like them! My friends went to see some band (Can't remember who, might have ben Kings of Leon), and they were supporting them. I wish I'd gone now. I've only heard a couple of songs, but they're good.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
major edit: shockingly bad
Last edited by bobjewell87 at Sep 26, 2006,
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
They are a great band indeed. Found out about them just before going to back to Uni last year when a friend had a promo copy of some kind of EP by them lying about. They're good stuff, definately ones to watch this year.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
help:hmmm
++drip....drip.....drip++
37 IQ
The Kooks are brilliant. The way they write is just feels really inventive and original.
lae666
10 IQ
can anyone please email me the tabs to "hiding low" (its the b side to naive) its an excellent song and im obsessed with the kooks i think they are the best band this year by far
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
Clicked this as soon as I saw it, great band, though I disagree with whoever said Eddies Gun is a great song, perhaps my least favourite on the record. A lad I bumped into at an open mic night a while back introduced me to their music, and the first three songs on the album are great. Some of their lyrics really let the tunes down (Ooh La, for example), but besides that they're great. Naive, Sofa Song, Seaside and If Only have to be my favourites, ptrobably in that order too.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
I feel like a fool for buying this album now (although I have had a lot of enjoyment from it over the past couple of months), I've just discovered NME Russia's website. I'm not going to link to it, but if you want the album, find the site (its not hard).

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
I've only really got into these after hearing the latest song on R1 at work past few weeks - have to say I really like that one, but will resefve judgement til I've heard a few more methinks
Burpin'Worm
773 IQ
I've heard them on the radio, they sound like a good band, I actually sat and listened to the radio rather than just having it as background noise.
« »
jamiecallaghan
UG's drum machine
451 IQ
The Kooks are amazing, i went to see them at academy 2 in Birmingham, and their album Inside In/Inside Out is amazing. Not a bad song on the album. Eddies Gun, Naive, Do you want to see the world, Jack big tits, if only, sofa song, ooooooooo i could go on and just name every song on the album. But i wont.
alliwant
Mod...of LOVE
1,155 IQ
I aint much of a fan of The Kooks. I've not heard much of their stuff but the stuff I've heard aint up my street...
x_jen_x
66 IQ
Yeah I love the Kooks....they remind me of the Subways... Inside In/Inside Out is suuuch a good album... woulf definitely recommend.
normalweirdo
i am soooo sad
32 IQ
i love the kooks, i hav their album
i may be a weird and shitty bass player but i rock
:stickpoke: u know u wanna be in my band!!!!!!!!!! :stickpoke:
gfhawkins
102 IQ
how can i put this? they own your soul? ya, they're great. just hope they keep up the standard into the follow-up albums, i don't think they'll fail in the all important second album as a lot of bands do
gfhawkins
102 IQ
ya....DOWN WITH NAIVE ON MTV HITS!!!!! anybody else think they should rerelease sofa song...i think it'd do a lot better second time round. didn't get to see them in dublin...
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
I only know two songs, see the world and sofa song. i love them both
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by gfhawkins
ya....DOWN WITH NAIVE ON MTV HITS!!!!! anybody else think they should rerelease sofa song...i think it'd do a lot better second time round. didn't get to see them in dublin...

No one should re-release any singles, but 'Sofa song' was good.

RateYourMusic
dancing_on_pegs
11 IQ
Inside In/Inside Out was on a constant repeat in my school's common room for the past year, and is now one the most played albums on my iTunes. Deduce from that what you will.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
theyre a damn good band, i still need the album.
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
They're alright. Nice summery music but gets a bit irritating after a while. For me, anyway.
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
POSSIBLY THE WORST BAND IN THE WORLD.

that is all.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
Quote by j0nmcc
theyre a damn good band, i still need the album.

i can copy it ya if you want it.

or zip it accross on le computer.

they're okay, i'm not a huge fan of them to be honest, but well listenable, and a decent band, i just can't really get into them too much.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Burpin'Worm
773 IQ
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
POSSIBLY THE WORST BAND IN THE WORLD.

that is all.

Why? I didn't mind Naive when I was first hearing it, I'm slightly sick of it now, but even so I think they're meh, mediocre, boring; but worst band in the world's a bit harsh. I once saw a Spanish blues singer with a lisp attempting Smoke Stack Lightnin', they were wayyyyy worse. Better song though.
« »
Gurgle!Argh!
-
1,444 IQ
^musically - insipid and derivative.
lyrically - absolutely appalling.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
tezhall
This one goes to eleven..
669 IQ
Quote by kryptonite22
They're alright. Nice summery music but gets a bit irritating after a while. For me, anyway.

Yeah so I pretty much agree with that as my final judgement
kelix
Im a girl not a gay guy
34 IQ
The Kooks are an OK band - Ive got their album & listen to it every now and again.
I love 'She moves in her own ways' tho - it a fantastic song
Member of The Darkness fanclub
I was there for SD's cocksucking forum, August 15th, 2006.
The Cas Fast Foundation - pm draken to join and support cas on his 30 food free days.
muse-ic
57 IQ
sofa song is very good, seaside and naive are not bad too.
Caustic
On holiday by mistake
370 IQ
As pop goes, they aren't too bad.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
budmo_jiggler
15 IQ
has anyone heard they're version of gnarls barkley's <crazy> on radio one live lounge? its well good
Isn't it well annoying you can't see yourself blink??

"i wish i had bernards watch" club member #6
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
^Yep, but I didn't like it. His voice annoyed me so much on that song. And now I don't really like their other songs either, apart from Naive.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
dealwithitdude
14 IQ
i love the kooks. great band. i hope to see them live in november <3
gfhawkins
102 IQ
anybody else hate it that they're so popular now. their following albums can never be as good. sadly they've kind of sold out. i mean, everytime i hear the "she moves in her own way" ringtone i think i die a little inside
XmydyingheartX
I'm Kat. Hi.
22 IQ
You shouldnt hate a band for being popular.

If you like them and they become popular, you should be happy that they have made a success of themselves. Not the otherway around.

They have not sold out at all.

They are just good at what they do.

See the world and sofa song are great songs.

And their accents are cool!

I love the kooks.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Last edited by XmydyingheartX at Sep 28, 2006,
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
theyre playing in town next month but it sold out in like 10 minutes....figures.