dilandog
111 IQ
Manufacturer: Klira guitar
Model: Big Valley
Number: 213

This 12 string guitar is about 20 years old, made in Germany. Sound is really great. And that's all I know about it! Any info would be great! Thanx.
Attachments:
P1140001.jpg
P1140023.jpg
P1140027.jpg
P1140016.jpg
P1140019.jpg
Ibanez JPM100P2, Mesa Boogie Nomad 55, dbx 266XL, TC G-major, Behringer FCB1010, Furman PL8E2
sashki
6,579 IQ
I think the back is some kind of rosewood (probably indian), and the top is spruce, as used on many acoustic guitars.
It's a really cool guitar, looks good as new. How much did you pay for it?
Bill43
I like it here
1,893 IQ
Try http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Klira/Red_River-1.html Its not an exact match, but you main gain a little information from the reviews there.

Anyway....
Hofner, Framus, Hoyer, Hopf, Klira and a bunch of others, including some great custom builders are some of the several European (mostly German) companies that built guitars in the post-war years.. Many of these companies shared parts from the same suppliers. One sees the same tailpieces, bridges, tuners, inlay, and the like. By the late fifties most of these companies had broad product lines to rival Gibson.
Calum_Barrow
(the return)
1,255 IQ
Oooo rosewood back and sides. Nice. I prefer rosewood, but my 12 has mahogany back and sides.
I'm guessing yours is a copy of the Eko Ranger XII. It looks identical except for the rosewood and set neck. I really like Rangers and I like that one of yours too. How much was it?

BTW, you better put 12 strings on it
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
dilandog
111 IQ
Price was about 800 EUR, 5 years ago... It's a pure copy of the Eko Ranger XII (I did some googeling, thnx Calum_Barrow) . But It's a great instrument. I used it in studio, and Klira sounded better than much more expensive guitars. Works great as a 6 or 12 string guitar.

here is Eko Ranger XII
Attachments:
ekorangerXll.jpg
Ibanez JPM100P2, Mesa Boogie Nomad 55, dbx 266XL, TC G-major, Behringer FCB1010, Furman PL8E2
Nick Kosar
10 IQ
Quote by dilandog
Manufacturer: Klira guitar
Model: Big Valley
Number: 213

This 12 string guitar is about 20 years old, made in Germany. Sound is really great. And that's all I know about it! Any info would be great! Thanx.

Are you selling this guitar? If you are what are you asking? Here is my email address. nickkosar@gmail.com