piratepirate
shiver me timbers
153 IQ
Here's something I whipped up today, I'm really loving it so far. Will add more soon.

Comments and criticism appreciated.

EDIT: Scroll down further and look at the updated version
Attachments:
sahara.zip
Last edited by piratepirate at Jan 15, 2006,
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
good but you'd have to have fingers like a foot long to play it...
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
piratepirate
shiver me timbers
153 IQ
what do you mean? The keyboard part? The keyboard part was never meant to be actually played on guitar, just a transcription.

All the guitar parts are manageable.
Spark1284
244 IQ
i liked it alot, especially the keyboard, but im not so sure about the time signature cahnge, it sounds a little out of place
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
piratepirate
shiver me timbers
153 IQ
i agree, the powertab doesnt do a very good job of it, but it doesn't sound awkward in real life.
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
I enjoyed it, but maybe the last note could be held out a half note? Enjoyable, and I can imagine some JOhn Petrucci head boppin goin on. Check mine out if you have a chance:http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306718
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
piratepirate
shiver me timbers
153 IQ
Glad you like it. It's actually nowhere near finished yet, if i had intended it to end i probably would have held that note. I have a lot more I'll post an update when it's significantly more complete. And I'm glad to be compared to John Petrucci ;>

EDIT: I think its far enough along for another critique, so here's an updated version.

Not finished yet, but i did have it fade out nicely just for effect. I didn't tab the solo because it'll more than likely be improv (cause i find it to be much more real when i improvise), so just enjoy the soothing keyboard sounds for now (I may make a "sample solo" to fit in there later on)
Attachments:
sahara_update.zip
Last edited by piratepirate at Jan 15, 2006,
blackdog99
UG Newbie
54 IQ
i like it but it seems like u basically have 3 different songs and ur tryna make them one
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
863 IQ
eh, it didnt sound middle eastern at all imo. your compotional skills are still top notch
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]