supertom24
confessional24
118 IQ
soon i am starting a metal band with my friend, and we dont have a drummer. He is the bassist and i am vocalist/guitarist. Is it suitable to use a drum machine instead of drummer? plaese give advice.
fretles57
77 IQ
get a drummer. A drum machine is very dependable but only does what you tell or make it do. It obviously cant input and ideas or anything.
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel

Is just a freight train coming your way
gpb0216
Musician
200 IQ
Quote by supertom24
soon i am starting a metal band with my friend, and we dont have a drummer. He is the bassist and i am vocalist/guitarist. Is it suitable to use a drum machine instead of drummer? plaese give advice.
The primary thing is to just get started. So sure, go ahead and begin with a drum machine. Working with a drum machine will give the two of you an excellent idea of what kind of drumming you'd want from a live player.

As you and your bass player get tighter and tighter, you'll probably attract other people who want to play with you, including drummers. From this expanding pool of talent you should be able to identify a drummer who meshes with you two, both musically and personality-wise.

Good luck.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Baba O'Riley
23 IQ
I think ultimately you'll want a drummer but for the moment a drum machine is fine. Playing with a drum machine is good because it forces you to be tighter.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
UtBDan
BA of Music Theory
4,567 IQ
A drum machine ran by non-drummers tends to suck. Everyone tries to make these slick beats, and... fails because they don't actually think like a drummer. But that's hosh-posh...

if you must start out without a drummer, then go right on with the drum machine. I would make a classified ad in your local paper or something for a wanted drummer in a metal band. Drummer's are very key in bands.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Rocker4500
725 IQ
When in practice, having a drummer would make you feel more live and up for it. With a drum machine you would feel as if you were just trying to get a track sorted, kind of like a metronome. With a drum putting in fills and really going for it in the relevant places, you'd really feel as if you were part of a band.