martyr
627 IQ
"Only time will tell if I'll allow the scenery around to eat me alive,"

Waltz, or more pertinently, piano driven brilliance, glittering with horribly beautiful bluesy vocals, is sort of an odd way to describe Man Man. However, it also seems to ring of some truth. I really can't stress how unique, and so refreshingly original this band is.

MySpace: http://myspace.com/wearemanman

Official Site: http://www.wearemanman.com/manman.html
Listen to my music here
Last edited by martyr at Jun 26, 2006,
martyr
627 IQ
Can someone please humor me and check this band out...
Listen to my music here
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
the first song link didn't work, but i got the second one. interesting stuff but it's not really my thing.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
martyr
627 IQ
Thanks so much for feedback. Yeah, they're definitely "acquired taste"...
Listen to my music here
sponj
UG Monkey
1,243 IQ
I listened. interesting but not my thing either
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
slinks
Bastard in a Basket
443 IQ
I like these guys. I've only heard a handful of songs, but they were enjoyable. They're definitely unique. I don't think I'm likely to pick up anything they've put out, though.
Zrobusa
Pretty Epic
480 IQ
I LOVE Man Man. They just played in LA with The Fiery Furnaces. I wish I had went to see them. I just purchased the album "Six Demon Bag" and I cant stop listening to it. Its very different from anything you hear now-a-days. It reminds me a lot of the Nightmare Before Christmas Soundtrack because they both utilize those kind of gothic waltzs.
He's a Pirate
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
I was contemplating making a Man Man thread yesterday. I've only just started listening to them, but I love what I've heard. Has anyone heard anything off of their new thing. How does it compare?
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,608 IQ
Rabbit Habbits is good from the one time i listened to it. they are really an excellent band.
Last edited by uhh_me? at Apr 1, 2008,
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
From what I heard on mypace, they sound pretty good
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Arthur Curry
UnBanned
2,268 IQ
i think i made a thread on them once. i think a lot of people have, but they usually die quickly. i guess them being a featured profile on myspace is keeping this one alive.

i've listened to them for a long time. i don't really like what i've heard from rabbit habits. i get the sense that they had less time to write the songs for this one.
system
916 IQ
Six Demon Bag was good, but didn't captivate me too much. Rabbit Habits is definitely a step up. I enjoy it on a far more consistent basis. These dudes are awesome. The seven-minute and eight-minute tracks that close the album, so so great.
SRX700
i like to spell
235 IQ
I saw them with Modest Mouse, they put on a great show.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
DunnySun
I Am the Walrus
136 IQ
i saw them at a modest mouse concert..
it was 'interesting'..
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
Wolf_At_TheDoor
67 IQ
They are coming here towards the end of the month and Im planning on seeing them.. I originally was gonna see them with modest mouse but tickets were sold out. I dig their new allbum rabbit habbit really interesting music. Is their older stuff worth checking out too?
I keep the wolf from the door, but he calls me on the phone, tells me all the ways that he's gonna mess me up, steal all my children if I don't pay the ransom, but I'll never see them again If I squeal to the cops.
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
I have Six Demon Bag, and I really enjoy it. I haven't heard Rabbit Habits yet, so I can't compare the two, but I recommend Six Demon Bag.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,608 IQ
Quote by Wolf_At_TheDoor
They are coming here towards the end of the month and Im planning on seeing them.. I originally was gonna see them with modest mouse but tickets were sold out. I dig their new allbum rabbit habbit really interesting music. Is their older stuff worth checking out too?

it certainly is. check both of the older albums out.
somewhat_here
sequestered ruser
904 IQ
i heard a man man song on the radio that sounded like tom waits. pretty cool, it was.
opivy21
Aloha! Suit up! Luau!
885 IQ
I now have all three of their cds. They're definitely one of my favorite bands at the moment. I also covered Van Helsing Boombox if anyone is interested.
riffmasterjosh
UG Fanatic
501 IQ
going to see them tonight i can't wait!! i have all their albums and love how original they sound.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~