Page 1 of 176
Heard a couple tracks a while back, really didn't like them at all. Then again, I'm no doom fan.
Not heard much by them but from what i did hear, it was not too much to my liking but they were alright.
Yeah, The Mantle is great for the occasional listen.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
very good band, i could see why people would say they find them boring and repetetive but i love them, the mantle is a great album.
bah
Agalloch is Art.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
They're a very good band, but you need to be in certain mood to listen and enjoy them. Thhat's at least for me. The singer has a great voice nonetheless.
What Spike and Dyers Eve said.

Repetitive and Droning is exactly what the band is supossed to be, its Doom for christsake! Agalloch play some awesome music. I'm a pretty big fan and I guess they're based in Portland Oregon, which is like right across the river from me! Havent seen them around yet, though.
I agree that Pale Folklore is better than The MAntle, but IMO, Agalloch pwns WoY.
Agalloch created 'Ashes Against the Grain'. With it came World Peace. And it was Good.

The End.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
great band - Pale Folklore is great, and I like Of Stone, Wind and Pillor

excellent stuff
-Mike
New album is pretty good.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
awesome doom metal...i've got all the albums mentioned here...like The Mantle a lot
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Awesome band. The Mantle is great.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
*Is getting owned by new Agalloch*

PWN! I'm so buying this when it comes out.
LAMMERGEIER
I love Agalloch. Release date for 'Ashes against the Grain' is August 8th, I'm going to buy this as soon as it's available here.

You can download a new song from this album at www.myspace.com/agalloch, it's called Falling snow. Production is much better, especially the drums. Haughm's voice got a little better too, I think it's a very cool song.

I hope they will play in The Netherlands, it would be awesome to see them play.
new Agalloch? oo haven't checked anything out in a while

is it Sculptured or really Agalloch?

EDIT: oh yeah I see the info on the new album...OOO
-Mike
Last edited by HopePoisoned at May 27, 2006,
The mantle is excellent, but the solos on Pale Folklore border on unlistenable from what ive heard. Chromatism works in death metal, not in melodic doomy stuff like this.

The new song is pretty awesome. I'm digging the vocal harmonies.

I can't decide whether they need a new drummer or not.

Hum.
smoosh
Agalloch kicks my ass on a daily basis.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Yeah , good band , they have some good songs. but no band can compare with candlemass on doom metal...
Epicus , doomicus , metallicus Dudes....
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
I heard some rumours today about a European tour with Novembers Doom, if it's true I will be buying my ticket as soon as possible. It would be awesome seeing those bands perform.
Id liek to see them and Woods of Ypres play together.
Mortalis: True Massachusettsian Thrash Metal \m/

Hypocrisy-"Hell, the ****ing corn on my dinner plate is heavier than Korn."
Quote by InfiniteSadness
I heard some rumours today about a European tour with Novembers Doom, if it's true I will be buying my ticket as soon as possible. It would be awesome seeing those bands perform.

*drool*
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
bump
lets hold hands
here on the subway

cause we've been stuck here in teh dark for way too long...

lets all hold hands...

here on the subway
Er.....Pretty sure you can't "bump" stuff around here...

But since you did, I like the new Agalloch a lot. In fact, I'd say Ashes Against the Grain is my favorite album by them, even more than The Mantle. Of course, I didn't like Pale Folklore all that much, so...

The first time I heard Not Unlike the Waves on The End's Dark Psyche compilation, I was pretty much blown away...
Not Unlike the Waves, is like, the best song ever.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]