Page 2 of 176
their new album was really good
not unlike the waves is a brilliant song
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
I'm really liking "In the Shadow of our Pale Companion" atm, "Odal" is a great song as well

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
totally agree with the Fire Above, Ice Below comment... it's the first song I heard from Agalloch and still remains my favourite
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I think the best Agalloch songs are As Embers Dress the Sky, The Melancholy Spirit, and Hallways of Enchanted Ebony.
The Melancholy Spirit is great... My Favourite Agalloch tracks would probably Falling Snow, A Desolation Song, The Wolves of Timberline and Not Unlike The Waves. But then I just got into this band a few weeks ago.
Not Unlike The Waves was the first song I heard with them. Fecking amazing band. Very good song.

But I heard NUTW this monday, so... I have more to discover.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
When I die, I want my tombstone to read:

"Here lies the great Reverend
Agalloch is not a fucking doom band"

srsly.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Lol I was sort of thinking that to myself as I read through this thread, I mean I haven't exactly heard much Doom, but I was pretty sure this band was Symbolic or Ambient (something like that). I seen/heard the "Unlike the waves" video first and it is great (I heart the classical guitar bit), then I heard Odal (a live video) and it wasn't as good, probably because I couldn't make out most of it.
The Misshapen Steed is such a beautiful song... the first time I heard it, I almost cried
I never cries to songs... My sister always cries to songs, or so she says...

EDIT: Nothing wrong with it though. And I agree, The Misshapen Steed is really beautiful.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I really like their cover of Sol Invictus' 'Kneel to the Cross'. One of Haughm's best vocal performances, IMO.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Revived, don't abandon the greatness of Agalloch.
After being lost in my massive music file for a good few weeks I found them again a few days ago. They really are amazing. I hope I can find their albums around here.
Don't let this thread die.
Yes, Agalloch is awesome. I'm actually listening to em right now, Pale Folklore is too good for words.
I heart this band
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Amazing band. Been meaning to get their 3 albums for a while now. "Dead Winter Days" is a fantastic song.
I listened to The Mantle and Pale Folklore religiously for the past week,.. though in my humble opinion, Pale Folklore is a grain of sand in a desert, compared to the Mantle

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I believe this band should be classified as gR1m and Soggy. Soggy not meaning bad
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Just got The Mantle. Amazing, though I like AATG better. Is it just me or can the song titles be viewed as a poem?

1. A Celebration For The Death Of Man...
2. In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion
3. Odal
4. I Am The Wooden Doors
5. The Lodge
6. You Were But A Ghost In My Arms
7. The Hawthorne Passage
8. ...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth
9. A Desolation Song

Anyways, great stuff. Gonna have to pick up Pale Folklore as soon as I find it... It'd be great if I could get an EP as well, but that's just wishful thinking.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I just learned the solo from The Melancholy Spirit. Its so beautiful sounding.
^ I know on Pale Folklore, the tuning is Eb, The tuning on The Mantle is standard, and I think the tuning on AATG may be D standard.
Quote by Mr. President
What tunings do Agalloch use? I've been meaning to learn Not Unlike the Waves.

D standard on ashes against the grain i'm pretty sure.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Last edited by tarem at Feb 24, 2007,
Quote by laffyjam
^ I know on Pale Folklore, the tuning is Eb, The tuning on The Mantle is standard, and I think the tuning on AATG may be D standard.

I dunno about PF, but this man is right.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by laffyjam

hmm... methinks pale-folklore is in Standard, i learned some of it and it never had me go to Eb....
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

I just got Ashes Against the Grain, and it is fantastic!
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by laffyjam

But on Not Unlike The Waves, don't they use Drop C?

Quote by Mr. President
What tunings do Agalloch use? I've been meaning to learn Not Unlike the Waves.

I heart playing the solo.
my friend showed me one of their songs a bit ago, i forget what it was, but i came my pants to sum it up
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Quote by tarem
hmm... methinks pale-folklore is in Standard, i learned some of it and it never had me go to Eb....

Well all the songs are played in Eb minor. So by that you can guess that they probably dropped their tuning to Eb.
Quote by laffyjam
Well all the songs are played in Eb minor. So by that you can guess that they probably dropped their tuning to Eb.

*goes back and listens to pale folkore

meh i think they are all in E Minor, not Eb.......

can some theory expert help us out???

*looks for Spynal*

<_<

>_>
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Hey, I've tabbed out Agalloch's "Falling Snow" for bass. It sounds about right to me, but if someone would be nice enough to check it for me much apreciation.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club