Page 2 of 3
Quote by thembones16
Heres a suggestion

A comp of your best poem/lyric you can enter anything thats been posted or something new.
16 people can sighn up and there will be 4 rounds whoever wins each round(gets most votes)gets to go to the fifth and final round.

Best Writer Comp?

It's going on right now...
We tried it once, and everybody voted for one song, which was great for them, but not so for trying to choose a 2nd and 3rd place.

its sad to see the comps forum like this, i dont think its been so dead...at least not since ive been here, and thats before my sign-up date.

More reasons to write S+L a toe tag.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
As long as anyone is enjoying it, there is no reason at all to write S&L a toe tag. Especially not the main Lyrics forum, but I have a reason you were referring to this one.

Just give it some time, we're in a transition period between old and new regulars that happens every 1 1/2 or so years here.
what about having a duet comp? as in two or more teams of two writers working on one song per team?
Quote by forty-six_and_2
Whoa I just had a revelation: What if god is a dog?A big white fluffy dog that drools a lot and pees on random people and humps strangers' legs?
Quote by 0fishaleded
Wait..if someone owns a dog that does that..WTF
Quote by forty-six_and_2
Than...they own god! That's it. I'm getting a dog.
^We've had a duet comp before, I don't remember if it was done by two writers or just one writer writing two parts to a piece or not though, but I think it was a pretty enjoyable comp. I think it'd be pretty fun to bring back. But yeah, I'm sending my piece to you right now for the onevsone we've got.
^ she'll wip you final, no offense, and yeah I agree The_Me_Effect, that comp would be a great idea *wink* maybe you should get someone to start it *wink again*

By the way your name is awesome, the best i've seen in a while and

Dance, Dance, we're falling apart till half-time
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
what about a best of the best comp

a comp with peoples best piece they feel they have ever written of any kind
Quote by frd_marshll
what about a best of the best comp

a comp with peoples best piece they feel they have ever written of any kind

isnt that the kind of comp matt is trying to set up... he is having a hard time finishing up though....
Sorry final, was meant as a joke, THe_me_effect understood don't worry, no offense meant as i stated before...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Keeno, the duet comp was one writer writing both parts, and we also tryed a duet comp for real, well i did anyway and got like 3 pieces, so i abandoned it.

And yeah Corey I meant just in here...its this Huge Comp thats defying any attempts by others for different comps...it needs to be done already.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
^Ohhh, well what the hell comp was I thinking of then that was similar and actually turned out? Or am I just making things up in my head? Meh, seems like something I'd do.

Oh, and Auals, I was actually joking more with my post too, odds are I will get whipped in it, I never seem to win one vs ones. So yeah, I never took any offense.
Quote by Final
^Ohhh, well what the hell comp was I thinking of then that was similar and actually turned out? Or am I just making things up in my head? Meh, seems like something I'd do.

Oh, and Auals, I was actually joking more with my post too, odds are I will get whipped in it, I never seem to win one vs ones. So yeah, I never took any offense.

(If I could get some n00bs in to vote, I'd beat you) The ones that have no real skill or taste.
Quote by Final
That wasn't needed.

And we're having a best of the best comp already, it's called the March Madness Comp. From my understanding, that was the main point of that comp.

sorry i didn't know
Quote by Final

this is hillarious
Quote by forty-six_and_2
Whoa I just had a revelation: What if god is a dog?A big white fluffy dog that drools a lot and pees on random people and humps strangers' legs?
Quote by 0fishaleded
Quote by forty-six_and_2
Hey I don't know if this has been done before, but I think it might be a lot o' fun to try a Parody Comp.
Basically this might entail picking an S&L (or some other well-known) writer, and writing in their style, to comedic effect.
IDK, could be a lot of fun, people could take themselves less seriously for a while, heh. I'll set it up if anyone thinks this mumbo-jumbo could fly.
ρ
^ that parody idea is hillarious. but just copying their writing style? i think spoofing a song is better. with permission, of course :P
Quote by forty-six_and_2
Quote by 0fishaleded
Quote by forty-six_and_2
yeah cool ideas guys

the rap battle one especially. I'd love to take part but I suck. So I probably won't. But I'll read and laugh
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I didn't even think you were in the rap battle Retribution? Anyways rap battel woudl be cool but it'd be up for something original/new like final said. I also think w eshoudl re-do the recording comp before we do another rap battle. Maybe instead fo doing the recording comp the way we did last time do it like, everybody has to make music to ONE song so it'll be easir to judge which one is better? Idunno. jsut a thought.
Can you see in the dark? Can you see the look on your face?
I want to do one of these:
No adjective competition
No one syllable words competition
You versus a professional competition
Sonnet competition
Form competition (meter/rhyme scheme that I choose)
Metaphor competition (use something I choose as a basis)
Parody competition (of a specific piece by another UGer)
No senses competition (no sight/smell/taste/sound/feel)

There's more but I'm tired.

Oh, an I'm tired competition.
No adjective
NO one syllable words

I love those ideas
i feel that the whoel weather theme has been done to death though, because peopel always write weather/seasonal pieces (myself included) there were many songs about snow or winter from people in the states the past few months. jsut what i noticed.
I'd want to do a rap battle, but that's only because it's the only stuff I can write.
Comin' straight out of Compton, with a loose cannon. Smoke big green, call it Bruce Banner.

"Hey son, how many girls called you today? Zero? Oh and how about yesterday? Uh... Zero? Well son, you know what they say. Zero plus zero equals FAG."
Lets get a new comp up. There hasn't been a comp in a few weeks.
the no adjective one sounds good. a fwe weeks ago in english class my friend had to write a poem like that
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
YES! i was jsut typing in Will's newest piece and i todl him if we did the no adjectives comp he MUST enter. Corey you want to start it since you brought it up?
That seems to be the most interesting idea anyone has proposed recently, so I?m all for participating if you catch my drift.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
Can we finish up the rap competition that never finished?

We were like moving into the final round...I think I was in it vs. someone else?

But I forget...
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
about a quicky comp seems like we haven't had one those in a whild and no other comps going on