Lately, practice for my band has gotten dull. We only usually practice 1-2 times per week, and all we ever do is run through out set list and then stop. It seems that practive has gotten dull lately, (at least for 3/4 members), like it is not as fun as it used to be (we've been together for about a year). ANyone have ideas or suggestions to make band practice more fun for everyone?
try and write new songs? challenge the whole band to try another genre out or something, maybe you wont want to play songs from another genre, but it will help you as musicians to just try and jam along in them.

OR

have everyone switch instruments.
basically, try and really mix things up.
Originally posted by Mad Marius
You've broken a low E string??? What style do you play, guitar raping noise core?
Quote by Masknought
try and write new songs? challenge the whole band to try another genre out or something, maybe you wont want to play songs from another genre, but it will help you as musicians to just try and jam along in them.

OR

have everyone switch instruments.
basically, try and really mix things up.

Actually, more and more bands are doing that now. A friend's brother's band did it at a gig and my old band thought about doing that (We broke up before we could even think about doing that). Of course, everyone must know how to play more then one instrument, but it's still awesome if you can. Another thing you can do is stretch songs out. Jam on songs and improvise on them for a little bit. It helps make practice more fun and helps make ideas you could have never thought of otherwise.
Why should I care
If I have to cut my hair
I have to move with the fashions
or be an outcast

The Who- "Cut My Hair" from the album Quadrophenia
Quote by Masknought
try and write new songs?

Learn some new material. Either write it or play a cover.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
sweet, thanks for all the help. I'll try these out at the next practice