Page 3 of 6
Quote by laughing-chick
if i could make a supergroup, i would definetly put helloween's ex drummer... i heard he died. i don't know if it's true. i don't even know the line-up, since all the cds i have of theirs are burned and i never really cared much until now. anyone care to educate me?

Helloween have had a number of good musicians over the years. Quite tricky to narrow them down for super groups really.

The current line up is

Andi Deris(Vocals)1994-present
Michael Weikath(Guitars) Founding member 1985-present
Sascha Grestner(Guitars) 2002-present
Markus Grosskopf(Bass) Founding member 1985-present
Dani Loeble(Drums) 2005-present

If your interested you can check a bio here ;http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/helloween/bio.jhtml

Also check out www.youtube.com for music videos and live footage from recent shows.
Last edited by alk3_rox at Aug 5, 2006,
Quote by flamencogod
Have you ever heard the old Kai-helloween stuff?
he sings like ****

andi & kiske > kai

The first three albums? The vocals were alright on there, and from what i've heard out of each of the singers, the Kai stuff is the strongest IMO, maybe not the most technically skilled though.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
^I think the vocals on walls of jericho are quite horrible and out of tune a lot of the time... yeah they did have some songs but a song like victim of fate with Kiske on vocals it's so much better than Kai.
I just got Walls Of Jericho and I love it. STAAAAARLIGHT!
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Quote by liesofautumn
I just got Walls Of Jericho and I love it. STAAAAARLIGHT!

Did you buy the new version(double disc)? I have a bootleg from the previous album tour where they open with 'Starlight'and 'Murder'. Andi does a far better job than Kai.
Last edited by alk3_rox at Aug 6, 2006,
Gorgarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
alk3_rox, thanx!
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the "...Still Waiting For The VAMPIRE Holocaust" club. PM me to join.
Quote by flamencogod
^I think the vocals on walls of jericho are quite horrible and out of tune a lot of the time... yeah they did have some songs but a song like victim of fate with Kiske on vocals it's so much better than Kai.

You should get Gamma Ray-Skeltons in the Closet. It's live and they play Victim of Fate and he sings it awesome. In fact every song on that album is sung perfectly. It shows so much improvement from Walls of Jericho (the albums do to, but just that he can do it live is great.)

On a side note, I got Master of the Rings yesterday and it's great so far. I also found out while I was at Virgin that they rereleased all the albums that weren't with Kiske (or most of them?) and saw that Walls of Jericho has like...twice the songs than the normal version. Is it worth buying for those songs? Cause I already have the original.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
if you're a die-hard fan then, yeah I guess....

Founder of the "...Still Waiting For The VAMPIRE Holocaust" club. PM me to join.
well...not of all time,but it is the best Helloween song of all time.

i used to think that...although..... eagle fly free solo > I want out solo

why isn't "I Want Out" on that list?

Quote by flamencogod
'cause it isn't one of my favourites...

I think its pretty good live, a bit bored of the Kiske studio version. They should re-record some of the classics with Andi and include them perhaps as bonus tracks on singles etc.
US & CANADIAN Dates cancelled!
Due to unforeseen logistical and organizational problems, the German melodic metal act HELLOWEEN unfortunately has to call off the planned USA shows and the BW & BN festival in Montreal. Despite good advance ticket sales (where pre sales already where available), North American organizers of the tour could not guarantee an economical and adequate routing of the tour. Therefore a consequent cancellation 2 months before tour start seemed the band management to be the fairest for fans and promoters at this point.
The band apologizes for this cancellation but under these circumstances they could not guarantee a proper show for their fans. Instead Helloween will include the North American market on their next 2007/2008 world tour to present their full show under best possible conditions.
Extract from official website
Just in case anyone bought tickets already.
yeah, the first time I went to see them they cancelled the show because andi got the flu... so primal fear was gonna play a 2 hour set for 5?! however the weather was so bad we couldn't go anyway.... they did came back to play an extra show! amazing live band!
I haven't seen them

EAAGGGLLLLEEEEEE FLY FREEEEEEEEEE!

Frigging love the bass in that song, too.
I have Keeper Of The Seven keys 1 and 3: The Legacy but I don't have 2....I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE! Do you guys know of any music stores that carry it?
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
well, here in one store close to my house, called the Wherehouse, they sell 1 and 2 in like a set so I don't know where you can find it individually. 2 has Eagle Fly Free, but the first track is like and intro to it. You can even hear and eagle. I like the drums the most in that song.

Oh my god, Deris is a fat old man, he cant sing, at all, he strugles with his own songs nevermind Kiske and Kai's. When kai left they still had kiske, but when he left too, they had NOTHING, i can't stand new helloween, i just listen to the old stuff. Gamma Ray are my favorite PM band nowadays.

Kiske may be an uber bible basher now, but theres no doubt he can still sing better than many.
Last edited by SG thrasher at Aug 29, 2006,
Wow, the new album is surprisingly asskickingly good, I was surprised, I expected just one of those old washed up bands, trying to relive their glory days, but it absolutely owns, super epic. Occasion Avenue is a sweet song.
Quote by SG thrasher
Oh my god, Deris is a fat old man, he cant sing, at all, he strugles with his own songs nevermind Kiske and Kai's. When kai left they still had kiske, but when he left too, they had NOTHING, i can't stand new halloween, i just listen to the old stuff. Gamma Ray are my favorite PM band nowadays.

Kiske may be an uber bible basher now, but theres no doubt he can still sing better than many.

Aging is part of life sadly and I have not noticed a thing wrong with Andi's weight. He looks better than most people his age. I don't know what songs you've been listening to but he has never 'struggled' as you put it.
Have you actually listened to recent HELLoween albums? GR are one of my favorites too but they have never been as good as Helloween. Kai leaving was a major blow at the time but Roland Grapow did an excellent job while he was with the band.
No ones denying Kiske was talented but his vocal range was limited to high and higher. Andi gives them far more options with songs.
Quote by BrofUJu
Wow, the new album is surprisingly asskickingly good, I was surprised, I expected just one of those old washed up bands, trying to relive their glory days, but it absolutely owns, super epic. Occasion Avenue is a sweet song.

Albums have always been great in my opinion though they have had their troubles with record companies etc . Some people can't stand the fact their sound has evolved with nearly every album.
The two epics on 'The Legacy' are great, proof the band still kick ass. I hear Dave Mustaine of Megadeth recently caught them live and was impressed by their show.
ehm no he doesn't... I've seen them live three times and even met him. he doensn't. If you want proof listen to the HIGH LIVE album (you probably don't have it but hey).I you want proof he can sing higher AND lower than kiske listen to PUSH. no **** off you helloween n00bs!

it's nothing special that dave mustaine was amazed by a helloween show... helloween actually has vocal talent
Quote by flamencogod
ehm no he doesn't... I've seen them live three times and even met him. he doensn't. If you want proof listen to the HIGH LIVE album (you probably don't have it but hey).I you want proof he can sing higher AND lower than kiske listen to PUSH. no **** off you helloween n00bs!

it's nothing special that dave mustaine was amazed by a helloween show... helloween actually has vocal talent

I've listened to countless bootlegs and seen them live earlier this year and they rocked.
I just thought it was cool that they gained some recognition from a metal icon
I havent posted here in quite a long time.

Favorite songs: March of Time, If I Could Fly, The Departed (Sun Is Going Down), In The Middle Of A Heartbeat

"Oh my god, Deris is a fat old man, he cant sing, at all, he strugles with his own songs nevermind Kiske and Kai's. When kai left they still had kiske, but when he left too, they had NOTHING, i can't stand new helloween, i just listen to the old stuff. Gamma Ray are my favorite PM band nowadays.

Kiske may be an uber bible basher now, but theres no doubt he can still sing better than many."

I prefer Deris to both Kai and Micheal, his voice appeals alot more, but if you're interested in Kiske's singing; he also appeared with Avantasia and Place Vendome, and has his own solo project.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by alk3_rox
I've listened to countless bootlegs and seen them live earlier this year and they rocked.
I just thought it was cool that they gained some recognition from a metal icon

yeah that's cool.

\m/ mr torture \m/
Quote by Liberation
I havent posted here in quite a long time.

Favorite songs: March of Time, If I Could Fly, The Departed (Sun Is Going Down), In The Middle Of A Heartbeat

"Oh my god, Deris is a fat old man, he cant sing, at all, he strugles with his own songs nevermind Kiske and Kai's. When kai left they still had kiske, but when he left too, they had NOTHING, i can't stand new helloween, i just listen to the old stuff. Gamma Ray are my favorite PM band nowadays.

Kiske may be an uber bible basher now, but theres no doubt he can still sing better than many."

I prefer Deris to both Kai and Micheal, his voice appeals alot more, but if you're interested in Kiske's singing; he also appeared with Avantasia and Place Vendome, and has his own solo project.

I've heard his recent solo stuff and his voice is amazing, just like back in the old helloween day, theres a song called "New horizons" which kai and Adrian smith( from maiden) play guitar on and its awesome, although some of his solo stuff is crap, this is worth checking out.

And to the guy who calls everyone a helloween n00b, get a life, and i've seen high live, and in my opinion, deris is ****, Helloween is not helloween anymore.
you mean helloween is not the helloween it used to be anymore, that's not a bad thing.

it just the fact that derris does not sound like a strangled cat live, he doesn't. He has good control over his voice, has a wider range than the other helloween singers and simply sings very, very well (one of the most talented singers in metal imo). His act is much better than kiske's, who just stood there with his eyes closed. Derris has a certain sound which might not appeal to you, this however does not make him fat & and a bad singer.
In the song "push" deris uses masses of effects on his voice and when they play it live it sounds TERRIBLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbTWVoxmXk

He clearly struggles with the highs in "I want out"

and

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TCDs2I4OIkY

Here is push, He sounds Terrible also the backing vox are crap and his voice is very weak.

-----------------------

Now, Here is kiske, the power in his vocals is considerably more than deris, and in tune.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BbFoUGkET-0

His vibrato is also more expressive.

--------------------------------

Anyway, thats just my opinion.
that way of singing is HIS STYLE! you might nog like it but hey helloween is still a kickass band and imo the new helloween can match the Keeper-area helloween