Page 5 of 6
Hey, is the new album Gambling With The Devil any good? I've heard Paint A New World... and if the rest of the album is just as good, I'm definetly buying it!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
yeah Gambling With The Devil is the best album they've done in years
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

oh yeah, gambling with the devil is really good. It reflects the more dark side of helloween, which I love (think 'the dark ride'...). You should really buy it!
I just got a few Helloween albums and i'm listening to Walls of Jericho right now. It seems good, a bit like Painkiller in a way. I also have the seven keys albums and dark ride, what else is worth getting?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
so i was listening to helloween through my xbox the other day and i thought this was rather funny. helloween=pwn.

Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Yes they do.

There's no way you can convince me that its a coincidence that Keeper Of The Seven Keys is 13:37 in length. I love Keeper Part II, best album ever.
^ Keeper of the Seven Keys is actually probably my least favourite song on the Keepers albums. It just doesn't seem "right" in places. The whole bridge section is amazing, of course, but I don't really like the verse / chorus section, especially how the tempo comes down just before the chorus. Makes me wince every time.
Quote by whirleygig
^ Keeper of the Seven Keys is actually probably my least favourite song on the Keepers albums. It just doesn't seem "right" in places. The whole bridge section is amazing, of course, but I don't really like the verse / chorus section, especially how the tempo comes down just before the chorus. Makes me wince every time.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you. KOT7K is an epic song, but for some reason power is my favourite song by them. probably cause its the first song I heard by them. I Want Out is soooo adictive. and if you get GWTD, try to buy the 2 disc set, cause the 2 bonus songs kick ass!
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by The Evil Hat
I just got a few Helloween albums and i'm listening to Walls of Jericho right now. It seems good, a bit like Painkiller in a way. I also have the seven keys albums and dark ride, what else is worth getting?

Personally, my favourite Helloween albums are Walls of Jericho/Helloween, Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 and 2, and that's it. I found they got rather silly after that, with songs like "Heavy Metal Hamsters". I dunno, Kiske is a great vocalist, from what I heard on KotSK 1 and 2, but after that, I didn't like it so much. Also, I can't stand Andi Deris' vocals. I think it was when Kai left that I stopped liking the band. Just an opinion.

Actually, I did enjoy Better than Raw a few years back. My tastes have just changed to those few albums now. Check out Better than Raw!
Andi Deris vocals live are so weird. He makes those high *AAUW* noises all the time :P
But anyway Helloween is really extremely awesome
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Keeper Of The Seven Keys the Legacy is really amazing. It doesn't match up to the first one (haven't heard the second one, or Walls Of Jericho) but it's still a good listen.

Does anyone know where I can buy Part 2 cheap? Everywhere I go it's 21.99 + because of the double disc set thing.
This band was not even on my map a week ago. Now I've got Gambling with the Devil and Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II. Excellent stuff. Not too cheesy, yet they're heavy at times, melodic and they've got the typical soaring choruses. Surprisingly decent drums, guitar leads and bass tracks too.
I've found Jesus
I always say that Keeper Part 2 has the best ending of any album. I mean seriously, March of Time, I Want Out, and the title track?

My ipod stopped playing this album a while ago...I've been depressed since
Quote by Contraband
This band was not even on my map a week ago. Now I've got Gambling with the Devil and Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II. Excellent stuff. Not too cheesy, yet they're heavy at times, melodic and they've got the typical soaring choruses. Surprisingly decent drums, guitar leads and bass tracks too.

Listen too The Dark Ride, IMO it's their all around best album.
I finally checked this band out and bought Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I. Quality stuff, and the song Halloween is incredible. I will definately have to buy more of their stuff.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Last edited by Penisaur at Apr 7, 2009,
They have to be one of the most underrated bands out there...Can't decide about a favorite song but some of the best have to be:

Keeper of the seven keys
I Want Out
Mirror Mirror
My Life for One More Day
The Shade in the Shadow
and many more i can't remember right now

I haven't heard a thing from gambling with the devil is it a good album?
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
i concur
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join.

Founder of the "...Still Waiting For The VAMPIRE Holocaust" club. PM me to join.
Quote by XdeathbyguitarX
Andi Deris is the best singer for Helloween!

He's the best singer for what they play. IMO Kiske was better, except Deris on GWTD. Kill It had some awesome singing by Deris. Overall, Kiske is the better singer, but I enjoy Deris as much, if not more. and the intro before the riff on Wake Up The Mountains is orgasmic.
HELLEDIT:
and my ringtone for my phone is March of Time
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Jun 4, 2009,
UNARMED Best of 25th Anniversary
Hello to all Pumpkin Maniacs!

We deeply apologize the weeks of silence - which were weeks of insecurity for us - about the bands European label situation and the release date of the long awaited “UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary” album.

Thus we are proud to finally announce that we have teamed up with SONY MUSIC in coop. with SPV, to release our upcoming records!

We also want to use this opportunity to welcome the highly motivated team of SONY MUSIC in the world of Helloween and it´s fans!

Release dates of “UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary”:

December 16th, 2009 - Japan & Southeast Asia (JVC/Victor)
January 29th, 2010 - Europe (SONY/SPV)

The release dates for the American continent will be announced soon

“UNARMED – Best-Of 25th Anniversary” is a big ‘thank-you’ to all our fans, old and new all over the world! Instead of putting together a regular greatest hits compilation featuring our most successful tracks to celebrate this anniversary, we completely rearranged and rerecorded the greatest songs and melodies of our career.

Together with our tried and tested producer, Charlie Bauerfeind, we invited many great musicians to guest on this special record, with the doubtless highlight of having the 70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing "The Keeper´s Trilogy", a 17 minute medley consisting of the songs "Halloween", "Keeper of the Seven Keys" and "The King for A 1000 Years" - goose bumbs guaranteed!

Here´s a list of all songs we recorded:

•Dr. Stein
•Future World
•If I Could Fly
•Where The Rain Grows
•The Keeper´s Trilogy
•Eagle Fly Free
•Perfect Gentleman
•Forever & One
•I Want Out
•Fallen To Pieces
•A Tale That wasn`t Right

We aren’t one of those bands who like to celebrate themselves, we just want to say ‘thank you’ in our own special way to all of you who have followed us through the past 25 years - to us, this album stands for an official celebration. It was a big challenge & great experience and we had a lot of fun recording our most important tracks in an entirely new ‘outfit’ and with new arrangements - we hope you like them!

Sincerely yours,

Andi, Michael, Markus, Sascha & Dani

Oh god, oh god, oh god. definatley buying this.
im so giddy now
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Oct 28, 2009,
^Sounds incredible
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Helloween4Ever
He's the best singer for what they play. IMO Kiske was better, except Deris on GWTD. Kill It had some awesome singing by Deris. Overall, Kiske is the better singer, but I enjoy Deris as much, if not more. and the intro before the riff on Wake Up The Mountains is orgasmic.
HELLEDIT:
and my ringtone for my phone is March of Time

Deris is the better singer, don't kill me though..

Kiske has probably the best high range voice I've ever heard, but he can't do much else. He doesn't have the versatility that Deris does. Deris can go from sounding like he just downed 10 jagers to sounding like an angle. While he can't hit Kiske's highs, Deris definatly destroys him in the mid range and low end department.

So I'm tired of all the Deris haters and people that abandoned the band after "Master of the Rings" (or earlier).

I've been a Helloween fan my whole life (almost). I've followed them faithfully ever since 8th grade. I got the Judas EP, I Want Out Mini live album and Keepers pt1 (all on cassette tape) from a fellow metalhead and I was hooked ever since.

Their the only 80's metal band that actually keeps getting better with each album release. It's just f ucking amazing.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Nov 21, 2009,
Quote by Phil Collins
Deris is the better singer, don't kill me though..

Kiske has probably the best high range voice I've ever heard, but he can't do much else. He doesn't have the versatility that Deris does. Deris can go from sounding like he just downed 10 jagers to sounding like an angle. While he can't hit Kiske's highs, Deris definatly destroys him in the mid range and low end department.

So I'm tired of all the Deris haters and people that abandoned the band after "Master of the Rings" (or earlier).

I've been a Helloween fan my whole life (almost). I've followed them faithfully ever since 8th grade. I got the Judas EP, I Want Out Mini live album and Keepers pt1 (all on cassette tape) from a fellow metalhead and I was hooked ever since.

Their the only 80's metal band that actually keeps getting better with each album release. It's just f ucking amazing.

i agree with everything you've said, cept they keep getting better. Every album is Godlike IMO. I just said Kiske was a better singer cause i am a Kiske Fanboy I love Deris though, great singer, and i love his voice.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
i agree with everything you've said, cept they keep getting better. Every album is Godlike IMO. I just said Kiske was a better singer cause i am a Kiske Fanboy I love Deris though, great singer, and i love his voice.

I find it funny how he's doing pop and acoustic stuff now.

Do you listen to Gamma Ray? Kai started singing again and has improved his voice by miles...
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
^yeah he didn't want to play metal anymore. i respect that, but he still played on Judas in the Opera by Edguy and Guest vox alot for Avantasia. Past In Different Ways was cool though, IMO.

and yeah i love Gamma Ray, great band. New World Order is all i've heard though.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Yep, on "All You Need to Know". Would've been nice to have him do a bit more, though.
Ibanez RGA32
Listening to the Myspace stream of the new album, and damn its catchy. World of Fantasy is a killer track.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
I'm trying to brush up on my metal history, seeing as there are a lot of bands that I skipped, and Helloween was among them. Anyways, what's a good album from each era, i.e Kiske, Deris, etc.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
I'm trying to brush up on my metal history, seeing as there are a lot of bands that I skipped, and Helloween was among them. Anyways, what's a good album from each era, i.e Kiske, Deris, etc.

Kiske era:

Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I & II. Part II has way catchier songs, but both albums are pretty equal in terms of quality.

Deris era:

The Dark Ride, 7 Sinners

My personal favourite is the newest Keepers there seems to be a lot of hate towards that album. I haven't heard all of the Deris era stuff but the ones I mentioned are pretty solid. Others seemed to enjoy Gambling with the Devil as well.

Also, if you want Hansen era, obviously Walls of Jericho is the way to go, but I personally prefer Gamma Ray.
Everyone, listen to Keepers 1&2 right now. I haven't in a while, and damn I forgot how epic this era of helloween was.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
http://www.helloween.org/home/227-live-hell-returns-hellish-rock-part-ii-from-march-2013.html
Who doesn’t remember the crazy “Hellish Rock Tour” in 2007/2008? HELLOWEEN and their Very Special Guests GAMMA RAY played 95 shows in 34 countries and left ecstatic metal fans in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America in their wake! Those who didn’t have the chance to be there, can now breathe in deeply and make the ‘Remake’ twice as unforgettable! The conditions are right: Booking wires are running red-hot for the “Hellish Rock Tour Part II”, which will start in March 2013 in Europe and go around the globe, once again featuring GAMMA RAY. Watch out for the full-on ‘Metal Ax Made in Germany’ and you can start betting on what kind of awesome final Weikath, Deris, Grosskopf & co. together with Hansen have come up with this time!

Michael Weikath: “The atmosphere on stage and backstage was very special last time, we will be repeating the party and are looking forward to the tour already!” ... and his former companion Kai Hansen adds: “‘The Hellish Rock Tour’ definitely was a highlight of our band’s history, we’ll absolutely go wild once again!”

I actually really excited for this.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Quote by Helloween4Ever
Everyone, listen to Keepers 1&2 right now. I haven't in a while, and damn I forgot how epic this era of helloween was.

These were my first power metal albums and I frequent them often. I remember the hell I had to go through to order them because I didn't have internet at the time and of course no one sells them in stores.
Quote by Kytokinesis
These were my first power metal albums and I frequent them often. I remember the hell I had to go through to order them because I didn't have internet at the time and of course no one sells them in stores.

Theyre obviously classics, but at the time I was getting into newer stuff, and then keepers 1 came on and it was like I was a 13 year old kid hearing it for the first time again.

HELLEDIT:
But yeah back before I could order online was a complete bitch.
Quote by NotFromANUS

last.fm
Last edited by Helloween4Ever at Sep 7, 2012,