Page 1 of 10
I couldn't find an topic, so I would like to know, does anyone listen to them, and.... IS IT TRUE that they are coming to the U.S.!?!?!!?!?
I pretty much like everything they created...
So, anyone else, or am I just talking to myself...

They are Gods...
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back...
Yeah Emporer is coming to the US for few select dates I believe.
Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR
Schecter S1 Elite
Digitech GNX4
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Marshall DSL-401
Quote by morbid_death
Sounds like you downloaded Emperor the other day.

Poor sacrasam... Not good for an administrator.

And.. I don't see another thread.
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back...
Last edited by Vintersorg at Jan 31, 2006,
everything after anthems isnt real emperor in my opinion (some will argue after in the nightside, and some even wrath of the tyrant). they were awesome black metal, but ishan must've ran outa creativity after a few albums. still one of my fav bands. and yes there have been a **** load of threads on emperor
Quote by Vintersorg
Poor sacrasam... Not good for an administrator.

And.. I don't see another thread.

i dont think he was being sarcastic
Quote by mydadisjewish
everything after anthems isnt real emperor in my opinion (some will argue after in the nightside, and some even wrath of the tyrant). they were awesome black metal, but ishan must've ran outa creativity after a few albums. still one of my fav bands. and yes there have been a **** load of threads on emperor

Agree with every statement you made.
All the stuff I have from them is great (Nightside, Anthems, IX). I like Anthems the most I think...Nightside's a classic of course. I don't really get the problems with IX Equilibrium, thought it was damn good.
^i know what you mean sick, but compare IX to earlier emperor, and youll see it is kinda forced. curse you all men still rocks in my opinion.
Hmm...that's a way of looking at it. I just thought of it as them getting a bit more symphonic myself but I do see what you mean. The only thing bad I can say is that when compared to previous albums it definatly lacks some of the atmosphere. Aside from that though, it's still good stuff.

\m/ Yah, Curse You All Men is a badass tune
not only that, the lyrics are lackin, even thought i dont really care about that ****.

inno a satana has to be my favorite song by them. it never gets old
Last edited by mydadisjewish at Jan 31, 2006,
Whats that CD of theirs with the Blue cover with the stairs and the cloudy sky? I havent listened to it, but i looked at the cover art and it was honestly one of the best CD Covers ive ever seen
Quote by pentagram_man63
OR, if youre REALLY hardcore, you can try DROP C!!!!!!!!!!! TEH R0XXXX0RRRZZ!!!!!!!1111ONEONE!!!!111

I Need A Better Sig
In the Nightside Eclipse? This one: http://www.metal1.info/images/cover/196.jpg ? Great album. Download a few tracks first to see if you want to look into it, judging by what you have in your profile I'm not entirely sure you'll like it, but definatly worth a try.
Good band, been meaning to buy Anthems for a while. That and the amazingly overpriced Aske.
Quote by morbid_death
Sounds like you downloaded Emperor the other day.

I did ahaha. I've known about them for a very long time, but i've never been a fan of BM. So I got a couple song. z0mG! Craaaaazy ****! Best BM i've heard so far. Cosmic Keys is mad.
Quote by Sanitarium24
well, while this thread is up here, what are your opinions on Prometheus?

I think it's pretty good, Empty and Eruption are great songs. It has a lot of classical influence.

The intro to Anthems is freaking orgasmic. The way it flows from the epicness of the first track to the chaos of the second....
havent head prometheus

my fav song would be I am the black wizards, or Acclamation of Bonds
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Be Reborn!

So what are your favorite albums and songs?

Personally I love ItNE, AttWAD, and Wrath of the Tyrant. Favorite songs would have to be Towards the Pantheon, Curse You All Men, I Am the Black Wizards, and Thus Spake the Nightspirit.
Last edited by DeathLegionaire at May 17, 2006,
Meh...I have Anthems. It got old fast, like most BM does for me.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
BM has always been more about the atmosphere and the emotion in it than actual playing. Now that's not to say you should suck, but when you look at first and second wave BM the music is all about getting hatred out, and putting the listener into sort of a black, misty, fantasy world, that's of course completly devoid of Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Obviously.
I know. It's a lot better when I read the lyrics while listening to the music.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I think it's a great band. Everything up from their early days to their socalled "gay" IX Equilibrium and Prometheus albums.
Quote by Frobbage
Inno a Satana ftw.

that's my favorite. i tend to play that song for my friends who don't like/haven't been exposed to black metal.

honorable mentions: into the infinity of thoughts, ye entrancemperium, thus spake the nightspirit.....

however much i do love this band, they seem to be over rated. they are still one of my favorite bands, though
Quote by Sanitarium24
well, while this thread is up here, what are your opinions on Prometheus?

It's alot better than it gets credit for. Empty is a badass song. It's still not their best though. In The Nightside Eclipse is one of my favorite albums and T-Shirts I've ever owned.
Prometheus > In The Nightside Eclipse IMO. I guess it's because I'm not a huge fan of BM, though, I still thoroughly enjoy ITNE.
Most Emperor pwns j00 soul. ubersace? buttsexks?
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
I just bought a Nightside shirt. It kicks ass.

Check out these songs if you haven't already: Cosmic Keys to my Creations and Times, Thus Spake the Nightspirit, The Loss and Curse of Reverence, Beyond the Great Vast Forest and Into the Infinity of Thought.
Ye Entrancemperium. That is all.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Emperor owns. I have no problem with their new stuff either.

EDIT: I just realized I said pretty much the same exact thing on the last page.