Page 2 of 10
Quote by Frobbage
Inno a Satana ftw.

thus spake the truthspirit.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I decided to buy Prometheus the other day and I finnaly got around to listening to this album. I actually like it alot.

Can anyone recommend any other albums?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Listen to Anthems. It's pretty different from Prometheus though. IX Equilibrium is most similar to Prometheus although that has a different sound too.
i was obsessed with emperor, but now i'm glad i'm over my infatuation period. Prometheus sucks donkey balls. Upon first listen, it may sound technical, but the flavor doesn't last. There is no atmosphere, which was what drew me to the band in the first place.
I <3 Prometheus. It's like BM Dream Theater, simply awesome.

Anthems is probably better though.
^yeah, anthems is an awesome album. The dramatic intro, the chaos of the second track, and the rest of the album follows the suit.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Anthems is great, but slightly overrated I feel. ITNE is the true No.1 Emperor album!
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
I just bought it yesterday...it's pretty sweet.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
My friend told me to check this band out. Saying that it's a really good Black Metal band. I said ok and checked them out. MEH! Can't stand them like any other Black Metal band. My own opinion.
well everyone is entitled to an opinion. I like Emperor, but it doesn't mean everyone should. For a black metal band, they are definitely one of the best. Might not be to everyone's tastes. SG Rocker, you may want to check out Immortal or Mayhem, if you haven't already. May change your opinion on black metal. Dark Funeral is quite good as well

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I'd say check out either Prometheus or IX because they are essentially extreme prog albums and good gateways for people looking to get into black metal.
I havent really checked out Emperor properly yet, but the interest has always been there. Like most people with a pulse, I downloaded the song I Am The Black Wizards and I think it is an amazing song, but I have not heard much else by them. In The Nightside Eclipse has been on my album list for a good while now, problem is there are so many on that goddamn list I dont know where to start.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
fuckers are playing that gigantic festival in norway. How come europe gets all the amzing metal tours, while the US gets crap like Ozzfest and the Sounds of the Underground tour?
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
SG Rocker, you may want to check out Immortal or Mayhem, if you haven't already. May change your opinion on black metal. Dark Funeral is quite good as well

I have listened to Mayhem and Immortal. Still don't enjoy Black Metal. Yet again, I havn't checked out Dark Funeral. So, I'll check them out.
Quote by SGRocker0791
I have listened to Mayhem and Immortal. Still don't enjoy Black Metal. Yet again, I havn't checked out Dark Funeral. So, I'll check them out.

I did ROFL

SATAN!!
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I'm suprised you don't like late Emperor.

Don't listen to early Mayhem type black metal, you won't like it. I don't like that crap either...check out Ishahn's solo record, Windir, Woods of Ypres, Borknagar, things like that.
Quote by SickMetal
I'm suprised you don't like late Emperor.

Don't listen to early Mayhem type black metal, you won't like it. I don't like that crap either...check out Ishahn's solo record, Windir, Woods of Ypres, Borknagar, things like that.

Umm, early Mayhem, owns?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by SGRocker0791
Yet again, I havn't checked out Dark Funeral. So, I'll check them out.

Don't bother, you'll hate it. I'd recommend more appropriate black metal, but it's dreadfully apparent you're not ready for it.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by kirkisking
Umm, early Mayhem, owns?

Lol, not to me...at all. I liked it for like, a week and then I got bored as hell of Deathcrush, Live in Leipzig, and Mysteriis.
I have to say, I have downloaded a bit more Emperor and I am still quite fascinated by them. I have also downloaded some imbonic Art and was equally impressed. You know what? I think I might be maturing into liking black metal. dun dun DUUUUUUUUUN!
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
^im having the same thing i actually quite enjoy black metal lately

and i am seeing emperor live @ wacken in 2 and a half weeks \o/ jeej me
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
emperor! eek.

i borrowed Prometheus from my friend after he played it in his car non stop for weeks

i can say, they are pretty fucking amazing. i wanted to go to wacken to see them
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by kirkisking
Umm, early Mayhem, owns?

All Mayhem owns! They need more respect around this forum!
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
^Maniac is just the topping of the cake damn he ****ed up freezing moon real bad @wacken 2004 (saw it on dvd)....aw wait maniac is out the band

but wacken isnt that expansive ?79 for 3 days man

anyway i cant wait
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by smiddy
Exactly! Finally, someone else who likes them here...
Quote by Davidian
No they need to drink less.

Necrobitch is a attention slut.

I've always claimed to like Mayhem, and yes they need more respect as a band, especially as musicians, because who really gives a **** if they do drink to much?

Varg killed someone, but out of all you oh so tough and hardcore ass kids his music is stilled praised.

Wannabe misanthropes.
Black/Death.
Quote by MetallichaoS
I've always claimed to like Mayhem, and yes they need more respect as a band, especially as musicians, because who really gives a **** if they do drink to much?

Varg killed someone, but out of all you oh so tough and hardcore ass kids his music is stilled praised.

Wannabe misanthropes.

Mayhem is still a proffesional band, so they have fucking act like it or get the fuck out.

Drinking on stage ist not krieg.
Quote by smiddy

couldn't be more false. mayhem are given more respect than they deserve, which isn't much.

Quote by Davidian

Drinking on stage ist not krieg.

if a person can hold their alcohol....................why not?

one more thing. EMPEROR is probably the most over-rated band on this forum, next to Opeth and maybe Nile/Dream Theater. They are good, but others are better. great introduction to the genre, but do not let this be the extent of your black metal collection. that is all
Opeth is rated so highly because they pwn.

But as much as I love Emperor, yes they're overrated as far as Black Metal goes.