Page 3 of 10
Quote by SGRocker0791
My friend told me to check this band out. Saying that it's a really good Black Metal band. I said ok and checked them out. MEH! Can't stand them like any other Black Metal band. My own opinion.

Ok, scratch that out. Emperor has been growing on me for the last few day. I'm starting to really, really like them.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Ok, scratch that out. Emperor has been growing on me for the last few day. I'm starting to really, really like them.

Old Emperor > new Emperor

therefore

New Tony > Old Tony
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I forgot how good INE was
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
^lol truth. Great album, was actually listening to it this morning before work

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Anyone heard their cover of Bathory's A Fine Day To Die?

I really like it, almost as much as the original. Ihsahn's voice really suits it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
emperor is awesome, i was really suprised when i heard they were doing a u.s. tour, i guess they all got out of prison or something, i know the singer was doing another metal band, im not sure what they are called. sorry. too bad they are not coming towards ohio.
i would go see them in a heart beat, and yes they are god's, at least demon's/church burning murderers.
just to make all you emperor fans jelous, i just got back from wacken open air in germany where they played ****ing amazing! and for the first time they played a song live from Prometheus.

they are such a good live band its incredible. they lived way beyond my expectations.
Quote by metal tony
just to make all you emperor fans jelous, i just got back from wacken open air in germany where they played ****ing amazing! and for the first time they played a song live from Prometheus.

they are such a good live band its incredible. they lived way beyond my expectations.

It was a shame that you couldn't hear Ihsahn, and only one of Tryms pedals for the first song though.
I bought In the Nightside Eclipse a month ago or so, but cant get into it... which is strange because I liked what I heard from them before, even if it was only two songs... oh well Im gonna go to the store and ask if I can swap it for something else.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
EMPEROR
Jesus Satan

Quote by davedoom

Krank: "Here you go mate, shiitloads of money and free amps, all you have to do is have a pic taken with your thumbs up looking happy with this amp, we will do the rest"

Endorsee:"OK, thanks"
In the Nightside Eclipse and Anthems are awesome. Prometheus and IX Equilibrium are decent IMO.
Prometheus and Anthems are both masterpieces. So what if Prometheus is proggy, it's bloody good. The Eruption is perfect.

That being said i still haven't purchased In the Nightside Eclispe. I guess I really should.
I took a long break from Emperor (not on purpose I just forgot about them) and now I'm getting back into them. I'd forgotten how great they are. Prometheus is great I don't care what anyone says and obviously In the Nightside Eclipse is greater than anything you'll ever do.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Heaviest line/guitar riff ever. "I AM THE PROPHET.... I CAST A SHADOW!"
Originally posted by TheCurious Mime
Is it true that peter parker shows his butt in the next spiderman movie?
the prophet = amazing
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by metalmshreves
emperor is awesome, i was really suprised when i heard they were doing a u.s. tour, i guess they all got out of prison or something, i know the singer was doing another metal band, im not sure what they are called. sorry. too bad they are not coming towards ohio.
i would go see them in a heart beat, and yes they are god's, at least demon's/church burning murderers.

L. M. A. O.
They have already, then they reformed sometime recently for a tour and a new album or something like that.
BUMP

So, this thread has been dead for a bit...for same UG. Anyways the usual Emperor IS the Emperor over all of you etc... I read that their is a US tour in the planning or has it passed? The official site hasn't been updated since 2001 I believe.

And to the video of the band in the very beginning was very cool and I'm glad Samoth made it.

Emperor for life
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I have Nightside.

I think it's good, but with the crappy production, who can tell?
Aww but the bad production adds to the pure kvltness of the album. For me, In the Nightside Eclipse is their best but I love em all. Even Ihsahn's new albums.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

Quote by Danno13
I have Nightside.

I think it's good, but with the crappy production, who can tell?

Well, many Black Metal bands have crappy production. Some can pull it off and sound good, like Emperor. *shrugs*
Yeah Emperor can hold their own with it. Although I do have to say if I had a choice I would rather listen to it in better quality. For example I heard the live version of I Am Black Wizards from some bootleg cell phone and it sounded better then the original recording.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Yeah Emperor can hold their own with it. Although I do have to say if I had a choice I would rather listen to it in better quality. For example I heard the live version of I Am Black Wizards from some bootleg cell phone and it sounded better then the original recording.

The 21st century and grimness do mix after all.
^yeah I just listened to that song. So I've been confused, last I heard Emperor broke up, but their doing a tour or something?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Emperor have been back together since late 2005, I believe. As far as touring info, I'm not sure.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
^yeah I just listened to that song. So I've been confused, last I heard Emperor broke up, but their doing a tour or something?

hahaha how far behind are you

They reunited by surprise at a Norwegian magazine thing, headlined Wacken and did a pretty big tour
Oh hell yes. But Ihsahn is still diong his solo project as well then?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I hope they come back to the UK again and actually tour, rather than play a one-off Astoria date, because I reaaaaally wanna see them.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
yeah, I will travel anywhere to see this band. I love them, my favorite by far, I just wish their was a place to get some really good info on them. Anybody know any? And not Wikipedia.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero