Page 1 of 5
THC
272 IQ
Hey everybody(i just got bitched at in the metal forum for posting about killswitch) i just wanted to start a tthrad and talk about this amazing band. I find them more intersed then most metal bands. Lets talk.

PS-Im having a hard time telling the differnet between hardcore, metalcore, and metal. whats the different?
http://www.putfile.com/dimebag7

Me playin guitar, mp3, random lead

Quote by Sadistic sponge
you'll kill the mood if you decide you want to go on a vagina safari rather than pleasure her

Quote by Tcurtis
The thought of a Vagina Safari is hilarious to me.

me too!
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Metalcore is metal with hardcore vocals and more hardcore influence.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
BLIMEY! Rankles in the hardcore forum, wonders will never cease

Anyway the only CD of theirs I have is Alive Or Just Breathing and it's alright, I heard Rose Of Sharyn off The End Of Heatache and thought it was absolute turd. Howard can't touch Jesse at all when it comes to vocals, musically however I haven't been able to tell the difference.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
THC
272 IQ
Yeah i like howard to tough. jessie is a better screamer, so hardcore is with screaming vocals? and metalcore is metal with hardcore voacls?

Quote by Sadistic sponge
you'll kill the mood if you decide you want to go on a vagina safari rather than pleasure her

Quote by Tcurtis

me too!
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
It all depends on the genre of hardcore, it seems these days that there's a million different genres. Screamo, tough guy, old skool, new skool, experimental hardcore, mathcore, fashioncore etc etc

The vocals from all those genres are all very very different, apart from maybe tough guy and old skool.
All-O-Gistics:

THC
272 IQ
thats f.uck,ed. what would pantera be classified as?

Quote by Sadistic sponge

Quote by Tcurtis

me too!
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
Just plain Heavy Metal as far as I know, maybe they're thrash though. Who really cares? They're a great band which tends to jump genres in terms of their fans.
All-O-Gistics:

THC
272 IQ
yeah thats true, im pretty sure there thrash or speed metal. like slayer!

Quote by Sadistic sponge

Quote by Tcurtis

me too!
Martyr's Prayer
Hates his username.
3,584 IQ
KsE is awesome, I love their DVD. And dude, Rose of Sharyn is great!! I went to one of their shows and EVERYBODY was singing along, especially on Rose of Sharyn. It was awesome. As I Lay Dying played before them to, and they played the best show I've ever seen.
We're only strays.
martyr
627 IQ
Is this thread seriously going to happen.
Listen to my music here
hXcMacbeth3
256 IQ
Quote by martyr
Is this thread seriously going to happen.

i fear it just might
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
J Lock
318 IQ
Guilty pleasure of mine.
I cant help but like an angry black guy.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Martyr's Prayer
Hates his username.
3,584 IQ
It's a matter of opinion between Howard and Jesse. I like Jesse's screaming ALOT better, but Howard has better cleans. I do think Howard fits The End of Heartache album much better than Jesse would have.
We're only strays.
dimebag7
fear, death in the wings
1,789 IQ
yeah same here, jessie a better screamer but not a better singer, jessie wouldnt of fit with the new album
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Charlatan_001
No gods - No masters
2,596 IQ
Quote by THC
yeah thats true, im pretty sure there thrash or speed metal. like slayer!

No, not speed. Just thrash.

And KsE are pretty good. I didn't like Howard at first, but then his vocals grew on me. I like his high-end screaming better than Jesse.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
ewwwwwww

End of Heartache is an awful, awful cd. It makes me want to kill myself. And not in the good, scenexcore way. First two CD's were pretty good, but TEOH is audiopoop.
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride
5,346 IQ
To all of the people asking about metalcore, it's hardcore played with heavier distorition and double bass drums. If it were metal with hardcore vocals and other influences, it would probably go in the metal forum. Some bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, and God Forbid have a thrashier inlfuence, but this only extends to the lead guitars; everything else is straight metalcore.

As for Killswitch Engage, The End of Heartache was the album that got me into them. Their older stuff is a lot better though. Take This Oath, When Darkness Falls, and World Ablaze are good songs, but they just don't compare to Temple From the Within, Just Barely Breathing, or In The Unblind.
stonedkirby
Hardcore/metal lover
706 IQ
killswitch was my first real metalcore band...i used to like Black Dahlia murder a year before but never followed up in the general metal genre , and continued to listen to my rap crap ( hey , im hispanic and from brooklyn , at least im not white =P) ANYWAY , killswitch and all that remains got me...here...without them i wouldnt be on this forum =D

but yeah , killswitch is a good band. they sold out , fine , theres plenty more bands out there if you dont like it. personally , i dont really like theyre last album , howards singing pisses me off , i loved jesse. anyway , a good place to start , catchy , imaginative , good , and you'll look back at it later after listening to other bands and be like....theyre pretty talented =O why did i stop listening to them?

you know what though , for such a band name , they dont have any really violent or gross lyrics. when i told my mom i was getting into a band called killswitch engage , she looked at me in the typical horrified hispanic mohter way. " Are you gonna start worshiping satan too soon ?" " yes. yes i am." my music scares her , yet she doesnt know what the lyrics are. i dont listen to anything satanic at all , the closest thing would be an occasional crade of filth song. xD
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Medium head

Ibanez RG1570 Black with Green Dimarzios (For Sale)
Schecter C1 Classic (SD JB/59)
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff
DOD Death metal
Cry baby Wah
Charlatan_001
No gods - No masters
2,596 IQ
Oh that's friggin' hilarious. Killswitch Engage isn't a violent band name at all.
THC
272 IQ
Do you guys think that kse has a bit of thrash influcen? or just straigh metalcore and hardly any metal?

Quote by Sadistic sponge

Quote by Tcurtis

me too!
Me2NiK
Likes fruit.
139 IQ
Don't put (what the **** is a puch? -ed) too much emphasis on genre. It doesn't really matter. Too much emphasis on genre turns you into an elitist.

As for KSE, not a big fan, but eh, okay, I'll listen to them sometimes.
Leftover_Crack
21 IQ
Yuck, and the new singer sucks "Im black, and thats my gimick". I mean all the gangxta's call me an inside oreo ya don't see me braggin.
Charlatan_001
No gods - No masters
2,596 IQ
Quote by THC
Do you guys think that kse has a bit of thrash influcen? or just straigh metalcore and hardly any metal?

The word (as stupid as it is) "metalcore" has "metal" in it, so it must have some metal in it
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Quote by Me2NiK
Don't put (what the **** is a puch? -ed) too much emphasis on genre. It doesn't really matter. Too much emphasis on genre turns you into an elitist.

As for KSE, not a big fan, but eh, okay, I'll listen to them sometimes.

No, any emphasis on genre turns you into a person who's knowledgeable about music. There's a reason we separate metal from metalcore. How do you think Trivium threads would look in the metal forum next to threads about Darkthrone, 1349, and Cannibal Corpse?
forever_27
Unregistered Abuser
32 IQ
I had a friend who told my I had to listen to them about 3 years ago. He gave me his CD player and My Last Serenade began playing, and a minute late I was hooked. If your a true fan of them, the DVD is an essential buy. I have a lot of respect for them by being able to switch lead singers and still maintain there awesome sound.
We_Wont_Die
UG Senior Member
292 IQ
I think Life To Lifeless is an awesome song.
Quote by Anton Szandor LaVey
He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man.

My Lyrics:

Silent Oblivion
dimebag7
fear, death in the wings
1,789 IQ
Yeah i want that dvd for my bday.

Quote by RingmasterTJ

Quote by Dirk Gently

Quote by ckellingc
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Jonjon_Samoa
Slash's_mentor
10 IQ
Quote by LedZeppelin
No, any emphasis on genre turns you into a person who's knowledgeable about music. There's a reason we separate metal from metalcore. How do you think Trivium threads would look in the metal forum next to threads about Darkthrone, 1349, and Cannibal Corpse?

Well trivium do have a lot of metal influences and many parts of their songs have a similar sound to metallica...listen to the last 2 mins of "rain" it sounds so much like towards the end of metallica's "one". its simply a metal sound which has evolved and personally i think bands like killswitch and trivium are awesome!
Last edited by Jonjon_Samoa at Feb 6, 2006,
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Killswitch has a bit of a thrash influence I would say. Proof: Rose of Sharyn, My Last Serenade, World Ablaze
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
dimebag7
fear, death in the wings
1,789 IQ
that was my though also. annd when darkness falls.

Quote by RingmasterTJ

Quote by Dirk Gently

Quote by ckellingc
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Killswitch has a bit of a thrash influence I would say. Proof: Rose of Sharyn, My Last Serenade, World Ablaze

Yes, but shitty, pussified thrash.

Rose of Sharyn would kick ass were it not for the annoying formula of all the songs on TEOH. Great riffage.
dimebag7
fear, death in the wings
1,789 IQ
Yes it isnt the tightest thrash but its ttehre none the less.

Quote by RingmasterTJ

Quote by Dirk Gently

Quote by ckellingc
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
hobo467
Hippies' Worst Nightmare
195 IQ
Honestly, metal is metal; just roll with it.
sendmeapick
1 day ill be famous
67 IQ
killswitch engage rule!!! went to their concert and it was crazy! people nearly died (exageration) but it was awesome.. rose of sharon got the whole place moving. i read other threads and lots of people dont like the movement that goes on at shows but if your at killswitch engage expect to be bashed around
VoodooChilDD13
Juan Diego
134 IQ
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
KsE is awesome, I love their DVD. And dude, Rose of Sharyn is great!! I went to one of their shows and EVERYBODY was singing along, especially on Rose of Sharyn. It was awesome. As I Lay Dying played before them to, and they played the best show I've ever seen.

yeah man i was at that same show i think haha

anyways kse has left its original roots but i can still dig it, i think personally like howards choruses and hes very good on stage, but nothing beats jesses scream. the dvd is awesome/hilarious/good/erotic haha buy it. i think these guys have influenced so many bands today and thats why there one of my favs.

and i dont think howard uses the whole "im black" as a gimmic, isnt music about the sound?
I'm way better than you.
mh250nt
38 IQ
I can't wait for the new cd. From what Killswitch says, it's going to be more like AOJB. I think the title "As Daylight Dies" isn't a very original album name but thats ok. I have high hopes for these guys!
Rainmaker
10 IQ
Quote by mh250nt
I can't wait for the new cd. From what Killswitch says, it's going to be more like AOJB. I think the title "As Daylight Dies" isn't a very original album name but thats ok. I have high hopes for these guys!

I've heard 5 tracks from the new CD and it's absolutely incredible!

I cannot ****ting wait until november 20th.
And I know of the pain, that you feel the same as me
And I dream of the rain as it falls upon the leaves
And the cracks in our lives like the cracks upon the ground
They are sealed and are now washed away.

Up The Irons!