Muse(ic) ROCKS!
Streuth
512 IQ
any of you guys heard of nine black alps? they were my favourite band last year, great live and certainly the best album of last year, not a single weak track on it. anyone else agree?
fitter.happier.more productive.comfortable.not drinking too much.at ease.a better patient driver.no paranoia.never washing spiders down the plughole.fond but not in love.no eating moths.no self-employed.puzzled and powerless.less chance of illness
Biggs
A Brummy In Suffolk
424 IQ
One of the best bands around at the moment.

The album is superb...'Shot Down'...what a song!
'Mon The Biffy!

Boing Boing

Member #2 of the Biffy Fan Club. PM onlyonehere to join.

Quote by Caustic
I like this guy.
Muse(ic) ROCKS!
Streuth
512 IQ
Quote by Biggs
One of the best bands around at the moment.

The album is superb...'Shot Down'...what a song!

absolutely! i cant wait to hear some of their new stuff.
fitter.happier.more productive.comfortable.not drinking too much.at ease.a better patient driver.no paranoia.never washing spiders down the plughole.fond but not in love.no eating moths.no self-employed.puzzled and powerless.less chance of illness
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
Quote by Biggs

...'Shot Down'...what a song!

yeah that song is the best that i've heard from them. Unsatisfied was alright as well. Can only wish good things for them really.
MiniMusicMasta
UG Member
509 IQ
Yeah, i got their album 4 christmas and it rules. Behind ur eyes and unsatisfied undoubtedly my best tracks on there although i can't doubt any of them.
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
I love 'Not Everyone', 'Unsatisfied' and 'Ironside', and then 'Get Your Guns' above those three. Apart from that, it's a bit shaky but a decent enough CD. I enjoy it.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
It was a very strong album, but there were a couple of songs that didn't live up to the rest of it and spoilt it a bit, but still, overall it was a good purchase from 2005.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Glen_Hansard
Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
1,096 IQ
I like what I've heard and shall be buying that album.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
demonicity
Hello From The Gutter
95 IQ
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I wanted to show my appreciation for Nine Black Alps and figured I should search for a thread first.

I love them, one of my favourite bands. They are currently touring the US before coming back to the UK for an Autumn tour for anyone that's interested. My favourite song of their's is Smoking Jacket (it's a b-side), although their cover of Chewing The Apple Of Your Eye is pretty close.

www.myspace.com/nineblackalps

If you haven't heard them yet.
Baaaaaaa'
Last edited by demonicity at Aug 12, 2006,
StuartR
571 IQ
I only have the Glitter Gulch EP, what I've heard from the album souned good.
I_Pwn
is gonna find you
2,803 IQ
I've only heard "Shot Down" and i absolutely love that.
j0nmcc
former B&A mod
1,282 IQ
I forgot to buy the album, but i remember really enjoying the songs I had by them.
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
I quite enjoy listening to the album from time to time but they don't quite hook me I'm afraid, it's quite nice to listen to at the time but for me not memorable.
TCkarlos
Heaven In A Bun
258 IQ
Behind your eyes is my favourite song from the album
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,608 IQ
i got it for free from my college's radio station and i found it really bland and not very good at all
GrungeMonkey
457 IQ
I like them. Good simple rock music. I think their next release will be much more interesting and hopefully more noisy...
"He who is tall, is not small"
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
Saw these guys supporting Biffy Clyro on Friday. Started off very very meh, but by the end of their set they were getting pretty good, so I thought I'd look into them.

Best place to start?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
K-Lizzle
in the hizzle.
1,320 IQ
I've only heard "Cosmopolitan," but it's pretty catchyyy.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Saw these guys supporting Biffy Clyro on Friday. Started off very very meh, but by the end of their set they were getting pretty good, so I thought I'd look into them.

Best place to start?

Don't know about the most recent album, but first album the most famous track (and popular) is probably 'Shot down', but the first four tracks off 'Everything is' are a really good introduction.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
FrenchyFungus
"UG God"
3,872 IQ
So I had written in my diary that these guys were playing in Edinburgh on the 6th of February. However, when I went to the ticket place to see how much they cost and stuff, the guy said he'd heard absolutely nothing about it. Odd.

So I looked on the venue's website and the band's website, and neither mention the gig, and they're not even on tour at the moment.

Am I going nuts, or was there a cancelled tour?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...