Page 2 of 35
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Haven't heard it. Know where I can find it?

On a related note, I got Panda Bear's Young Prayer yesterday. I listened to it, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. I think I'll have to listen to it more closely.

it grows on you...at first i thought it was bland, but now i enjoy it a whole lot more
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Yeah, I you should be able to find Feels. I found a few Cds there. Don't expect to find their whole back catalogue though.

thanks , oh yeah i still can't thank you enough for introducing Deerhoof to me, me and my friend love that band now, i still haven't got the new cd yet, but when i go to my local FYE i'll be picking up Feels and Friend Oppertunity

whoever asked where to hear the Bro's single

www.bleep.com search for panda bear

you can stream the entirety of every cd that bleep offers, you just have to press play every 30 seconds (to prevent people from recording)

peace
Quote by lo fi nights
whoever asked where to hear the Bro's single

www.bleep.com search for panda bear

you can stream the entirety of every cd that bleep offers, you just have to press play every 30 seconds (to prevent people from recording)

peace

Oh oh oh! I've listend to this song. There is a really good live version of it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMLF6qzfJxs&mode=related&search
Dude this album was totally made to trip out to.
I listened to it when i was on shrooms.. incredible.

The "Feels" album that is, though all their other albums are good too.
peace & chemicals
Quote by uhh_me?

I almost jumped out of my bed when I saw that on TV last night.

I love Animal Collective. Feels and Sung Tongs are 2 of my all time favorite CDs. Banshee Beat, Purple Bottle, Leaf House, Who Could Win A Rabbit, We Tigers, and Mouth Wooed Her are my favorites
Wow, I just recently bought 'Feels' and must say that they are everything I want in a band lately. Everything is spot on. I must get their entire back catalogue.

Thank you DorkusMalorkus and uhh_me? for jocking this band to no end. If it wasn't for you two, I probably wouldn't have ever checked them out. Just thinking of not ever hearing them makes me sad. So Thanks!
Probably one of my favorite bands of all time. True innovators of modern music.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
Quote by Shine On...
Wow, I just recently bought 'Feels' and must say that they are everything I want in a band lately. Everything is spot on. I must get their entire back catalogue.

Thank you DorkusMalorkus and uhh_me? for jocking this band to no end. If it wasn't for you two, I probably wouldn't have ever checked them out. Just thinking of not ever hearing them makes me sad. So Thanks!

no problem

i had something sort of significant to say, but i forget
oh wait
i remember
if i ever make a movie and there is a scene in the woods i want "visiting friends" to be playing in the background
I have yet to listen to these guys, but I am very interested in doing so.

I have a rather large list of albums I wish to purchase so it may take me a little bit of time before I actually get around to buying anything from them though
some of the new songs are on the internet
studio version
i am not going to link to them
but go to gvb to find them
you should all look at this

(even though i have been here for quite a while i am still not sure the legality of bootlegs on UG, so if the mod types want the link gone let me know or just do it yourself)
Here's a question. Is 'Leaf House' based on the book House of Leaves? Because they're all "meowwwww KITTIES" at the end of the song, and cats are rather significant in the book.
Quote by uhh_me?

(even though i have been here for quite a while i am still not sure the legality of bootlegs on UG, so if the mod types want the link gone let me know or just do it yourself)

that's pretty intense...a whole album of new material.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
Quote by uhh_me?

Thank you for this. I'll give it a listen soon. It'll give me something to expect when I see them.
Quote by Arthur Curry
Here's a question. Is 'Leaf House' based on the book House of Leaves? Because they're all "meowwwww KITTIES" at the end of the song, and cats are rather significant in the book.
I don't know, but I read it anyway, hahaha.
Quote by Fugazirancid
that's pretty intense...a whole album of new material.
I know! I love Animal Collective. I pretty much heard all of Strawberry Jam at Coachella.

I can't wait for this new stuff.
These guys seem interesting, although I cant find any albums to download (I like to download before I buy, no risk). What would you recommend I check out?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
These guys seem interesting, although I cant find any albums to download (I like to download before I buy, no risk). What would you recommend I check out?

'Feels' is probably their most accessible.

Some specific songs:

-Turn Into Something
-The Purple Bottle
-Did You See the Words?
-Grass

'Sung Tongs' as well:

-Winters Love
-Who Could Win a Rabbit?
-Kids On Holiday
-We Tigers

Those ought to get you started.
if i do get to see them, i'm partially excited for all the new material, but i also wish they'd play safer =P

then again, it would be my first real concert (not counting weird al when i was eight (which, by the way, RULED)). therefore, i'm sure if they just stood up there and belched into microphones for forty-five minutes, i'd walk away in rapturous awe.

last.fm
Quote by Muphin

Listen to the song Leaf House, that's the song that made me fall in love.
peace & chemicals
more like this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zbYYKzTFeQ
Winter's Love= My favorite Animal Collective "piece"
it fits in with so many emotions
EDIT: listening to some of the tracks off Strawberry Jam, i really think it might be their best album yet, i can't really wait.

Last edited by Doolittle at Jul 27, 2007,
What's with the masks? Creepy.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i finally got around to downloading the bootleg, and am listening to it now. i kinda want to hear the studio version of doggy now. the lyrics made me want to cry though D:

last.fm
so i think that i may have a new favorite animal collective song
for reverend green
it has everything you could want, noise, crazy sounds, fun yelly part

oh and it always strikes me how animal collective sounds so organic when so many sounds are looped and whatever
I'm going to see them in September even though I've only heard one song.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

lucky...
oh and i have a proposition for anyone that is willing to
if you are seeing animal collective on this little tour of theirs pick me up a shirt. medium please.
i will pay you back, i promise
the seeing them or only having heard one song by them? or both?

edit: the panda bear DVD is ready to be ordered, it is free unless you want the super bonus one
http://eattapes.com/Panda/About.html
i gave the guy 10 dollars to get the super edition
Last edited by uhh_me? at Aug 9, 2007,