Page 4 of 35
the heavy on the instrumentation part, maybe
the music itself, not really

i should preorder strawberry jam. i don't expect the cd store closest to me to get it in.
Quote by uhh_me?
the heavy on the instrumentation part, maybe
the music itself, not really

i should preorder strawberry jam. i don't expect the cd store closest to me to get it in.

Yeah, very similar on the instrument parts. I think they sound very good.
Get off my lawn.
anyone know if there are any special preorder gimmicks for strawberry jam? i want stupid little stickers or pins or coasters

i looked on a few places and none of them seemed to have any...someone want to link me if there is
^ Ah yes, I love that. They give away the most useless crap, but I eat it up.

Got me a button set and a sticker when I pre-ordered Minus the Bear's Planet of Ice.
ugg everyone gets to see animal collective except me

and i still don't have my panda bear dvd
i know i was one of the first people to order it too...
GO KANYE!!!!!! (sorry)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

i think pumpkins likes kanye more than AC
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Does anybody know where and when can I get the Panda Bear DVD torrent?

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I understand. We all want Kanye to win over Fiddy.

Mmm not sure about that, the thing he did with Daft Punk's song... can't decide if I like it or not.
Last edited by julio1987 at Sep 7, 2007,
So, Sung Tongs is pretty good. Still a no on Strawberry Jam for me though.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
^i personally have decided that i like sung tongs the best.

and i still haven't gotten my panda bear dvd =(
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
the best changes depending on what i am looking for in an album that day.

also black dice remix of peacebone is ace. it is on the cd single. or i bet you can download it somewhere.
So i listened to Strawberry Jam for the first time yesterday and Im quite impressed. Id say its up there with Sung Tongs, though it´s kinda hard to compare those two. Oh and I really enjoy the lyrics on Strawberry Jam, lots of great lines.
panda bear dvds should be shipping soon. i just checked on it and it seems the reason it was taking so long is because paypal froze his account.

also, pitchfork gave strawberry jam a 9.3. 2nd best rating of this year.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
"It was his first solo album that didn't sound like what we'd previously heard from Animal Collective"

???

Is that to say that Young Prayer sounded like previous AC?

to me young prayer sounded very little like other AC...it was much more subdued.
Quote by uhh_me?
panda bear dvds should be shipping soon. i just checked on it and it seems the reason it was taking so long is because paypal froze his account.

also, pitchfork gave strawberry jam a 9.3. 2nd best rating of this year.

ah, yeah. thanks for the info.

and i'm bummed that avey tare's solo album was goofy and got panned, because a 1-2-3 top albums of the year sweep by animal collective/panda/avey would've been awesome (and highly plausible)

last.fm
yeah, i've heard the same. i never got around to buying/downloading it, though. i'll have to pick it up. goofy was meant more as a compliment

last.fm
'Pullhair rubeye' is such a hard one to really enjoy in my opinion. For the sake of doing something fairly original it's great, and some of the songs do sound really good in their backwards state, but is it intended to stay that way? Were they hoping that people would flip the songs over digitally and see what they sounded like when recorded or were they written to sound that way backwards?
It's an album that definitely needs a few listens in my opinion just to understand.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I figured that Avey and his wife were trying to show a different way to look at music. When you flip them around, the songs are nice acoustic folky songs, and they are great. But backwards (the original state that is on the CD), you get these cool ambient quiet pieces. I think it is really interesting, in terms of how you look at music anyway.
i'd say so, you get some good remixs
plus you get a good quality version of safer...
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I figured that Avey and his wife were trying to show a different way to look at music. When you flip them around, the songs are nice acoustic folky songs, and they are great. But backwards (the original state that is on the CD), you get these cool ambient quiet pieces. I think it is really interesting, in terms of how you look at music anyway.

i don't think that makes much sense... what are they trying to prove? that music is some weird sounds with effects and that everyone can make music without effort?
Quote by sponj
i don't think that makes much sense... what are they trying to prove? that music is some weird sounds with effects and that everyone can make music without effort?
If you want to look at it that way...

They put effort into the 'normal' version of the record, and it sounds great. They reversed it, and while that isn't 'normal' or the way it is supposed to be, yet it is still enjoyable.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
If you want to look at it that way...

They put effort into the 'normal' version of the record, and it sounds great. They reversed it, and while that isn't 'normal' or the way it is supposed to be, yet it is still enjoyable.

reversing a song isn't putting effort into it..
Well let me repeat myself. They put effort into the NORMAL version of it. The NORMAL version, the NORMAL songs are good. They put effort into them. And then they reversed those NORMAL ones (which, need I remind you, had effort put into them), and yet it still sounds good.