Page 5 of 35
Quote by sponj
i don't think that makes much sense... what are they trying to prove? that music is some weird sounds with effects and that everyone can make music without effort?

Are you saying that weird sounds with effects is not music?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
They are enjoyable but the NORMAL versions sound better, right?

It is a good idea but they should include a bonus disc with the NORMAL tracks..

Wierd sounds with effects isn't good music, you may call it music, but it's not good.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
They are enjoyable but the NORMAL versions sound better, right?

It is a good idea but they should include a bonus disc with the NORMAL tracks..

Wierd sounds with effects isn't good music, you may call it music, but it's not good.

Regardless, it is art. To me, a backwards track is the same played forward. The music is still in tact.

I like experimental music though. The world's got enough 'normal' tracks out there. Plenty of room for some innovation.

I see where you're coming from though.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Regardless, it is art. To me, a backwards track is the same played forward. The music is still in tact.

I like experimental music though. The world's got enough 'normal' tracks out there. Plenty of room for some innovation.

I see where you're coming from though.

I like experimental music too, but this idea of the CD being brilliant confuses me...
And I never claimed that it isn't art...

tiffany's such a rebel.. smoking pot on a non-smokers venue!

must be bad going to an awesome show and be prohibited to smoke a cigar... thank god for 3rd world countries
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
eric was the first act and also the worst. we had to wait two hours after the doors opened for him and when he came on it sounded like jargon noise. when you plugged your ears you could hear the beat and it sounded much better.

everybody was smoking pot in a non-smoking venue so i hope you partake in the goodness. also, try not to cry when fireworks comes on.

I can't wait though.

I don't think I'm gonna smoke any pot. My dad is coming with me. LAME.

I'm going to try to get one of my friends to go, so he'll just stay at the back of the venue and we can be up in front.
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
woooooahhh! i don't know who i feel worse for, you or your dad!
good luck with that... why is he coming?

AC is awesome, dads enjoy it too you know.
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
woooooahhh! i don't know who i feel worse for, you or your dad!
good luck with that... why is he coming?

Well for one, I get my drivers license in January. And second, my parents would probably freak at the thought of their wittle ol' Alex driving a whopping one and a half hours to LA late at night without a parent. It sucks, but whatever. I'd rather go with him than not at all.

I know he probably won't like this show, but I don't really care, I just want a friend to come with me so that he will go sit in the back with his Nintendo DS or PSP or something.
your dad is going to AC with you? and he has a DS and PSP?
is he actually cool or is he trying to maintain his youth?
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
no kidding! but this is a recent development in seattle. there was no smoking and no re-entry. but there was a lot of groping and other nice things to make up for it. i wish you were there sponjy so we could make out and be rebels together ;_;

jeez, what's next? no drinking?

I'm sure if I went with you we'd be the most indie and rebel couple there
My friend Deb played me some animal collective the other day on teh way home.... that was some of the wierdest **** I've ever heard.
Quote by uhh_me?
your dad is going to AC with you? and he has a DS and PSP?
is he actually cool or is he trying to maintain his youth?

He likes his gadgets. He loves being the first of his friends to have the cool new stuff. He bought a PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 on the first day they came out. As for Animal Collective, he is just wants me to be happy or something...
Quote by precipitate
what are your tongs like?

Acoustic-Synth-Pop-Folk. It's only a tad bit less appealing than Feels. Probably third most accessible album next to Feels and Strawberry Jam.

EDIT: Oh I thought that said Sung Tongs.

Oh well. I guess now you know what Sung Tongs is like.
totally off topic, but doesn't this look like dorkus?

i don't know if it's a girl, it reminded me of you
So here's a question. What exactly does Geologist do on stage? I know he hits a bunch of buttons and tweaks a bunch of knobs. And he does it in a sexy way. But specifically, I'd like to know what the hell he's doing.
I'm not going to lie, I like this album better than Feels. It reminds me of what Here Comes The Indian may have been like with more song structure and less crazy. Haha

Also I am loving the screaming that Avey is doing in For Reverend Green.
Quote by sydbarrettsaves
air high five!

Whoo!

The Dancer (with a flower in her hair)
Peacebone
Song for Ariel
Am I Real
Chores
Walk Around With You
Little Girl (I Don't Need It)
Leaf House
Unsolved Mysteries
Brother Sport
FireworksESSPLODEFirworks
Who Could Win A Rabbit

(To the best of my knowledge anyway.)
Quote by sydbarrettsaves

From the article: "Animal Collective are a pair of prescription glasses: pass them around in a large enough room and through them some people will see clearly. I think I can make the image out - but it’s way too blurry for me to keep staring at it."

... Yeah, same with every musician or group. That's a key principal of art.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
The article is good though. It doesn't really slam Animal Collective, except maybe a few criticizism of repition, which is obviously something the writer doesn't like. But he makes it pretty clear that their music is something that isn't for him. I like their repetition, particularly live. The time flies by.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
The article is good though. It doesn't really slam Animal Collective, except maybe a few criticizism of repition, which is obviously something the writer doesn't like. But he makes it pretty clear that their music is something that isn't for him. I like their repetition, particularly live. The time flies by.

I just hate music critics, especially the ones in my area. They think their taste defines what good is. This guy is rather humble though.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
such a snobby little guy, loved the article lol
that article was ok, he made some valid points but he really didn't back them up well.
Is Strawberry Jam anyone else's favorite Animal Collective record?

I haven't taken it off my record player since i got it, it's incredible.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
Quote by misfits385
Is Strawberry Jam anyone else's favorite Animal Collective record?

I haven't taken it off my record player since i got it, it's incredible.

I second that opinion. Great album in my opinion.
Get off my lawn.
i don't think it is my favorite. i don't really have a favorite AC album, i like them all differently. they are like my children.
so, i don't get to go to the AC show. and i didn't get to see do make say think either, despite the fact it was twenty minutes away.

"you should feel lucky we even considered letting you go! you're fourteen and it was a thursday!"

grrrr
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm