Page 1 of 19
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
Queen

Here is a sanctuary for all Queen fans...

Talk about their albums, songs, books, dvds, concerts, solo projects, the band itself, the individual members themselves, talk about their tour with Paul Rodgers, talk about Freddie Mercury's death, etc...

... of course, for those who are homophobes, there's a little room for some Queen hatredness...

I made this thread because I noticed the lack of Queen talk and I just thought I should make a thread for all Queen fans to join together and share the love of their favourite band... Queen!

Freddie Mercury R.I.P. 1946-1991 There can be only one!

Queen rocks!!!

NOTE: Crude comments of Freddie Mercury's sexuality will not be tolerated and will be reported.
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
Last edited by DownDark at Feb 5, 2006,
trey-col89
the angry young man
1,127 IQ
Woah dude... Queen is good and all, but like... you have to chill out a bit.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Wow, those two above posters kind of pissed me off. No offense to either of them, but I'm actually really into the idea of a Queen thread.
Yeah, Queen rock. A lot. Like, a freaking lot. And Freddie Mercury is hands down the best vocalist of all-time. He's always been my favorite, and I know nobody else who compares to him even a little bit.
I really like "A Night at the Opera", and, although it sounds incredibly cliched, my favorite song by them is "Bohemian Rhapsody". One of my favorite songs ever, actually.
I love May's guitar style, too. It's really unique, and he plays magnificent harmonies.
And no, I'm not a homophobe. Got nothing against it, and it doesn't bother me at all that Mercury was gay. Doesn't change the fact that he was the greatest vocalist ever. (heh, that smilie kind of reminds me of Mercury for some reason)
I love this thread. Expect me here regularly.
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
^thanks dude I appreciate it

My favourite album is Queen II, with A Night At The Opera closely behind. My favourite song is Bohemian Rhapsody too, even though it is a bit cliche but who the hell cares, right? Freddie Mercury was a really gifted singer and Brian May is a guitar virtuoso. Roger Taylor is an excellent drummer, and John Deacon is a superb bassist. All in all, Queen was and always will be a phenomenal band.
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
queen deserves a thread seeing that there one of the ONLY bands still touring today. it is sad that freddie had to die at 45 he would have been 60 this september but imagine how many more albums queen would have out if he was alive wow!
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
get-born
Illegal in 37 States...
2,096 IQ
queen is great, i have night at the opera, and that is one of the most diverse albums ive ever heard, it has some accoustic stuff like love of my life, the riffy zeppelin style stuff like sweet lady and some all out powerful music (prophets song). i also have return of the champions, which shows that paul rodgers fits in just fine.

queen is one of my favorite bands and im excited to go see them in march with paul rodgers, i bought my tickets in november or early december, but the point is im very excited and it will be intresting to see how paul will do, also my dad, whose close to his mid-40s also loves queen, and is coming too
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
Queen is one of my 3 or 4 favorite bands of all time. I simply adore them, and everything theyve done.

Especially the prophets song, good old fashioned loverboy, 39, death on two legs, millionaire waltz, and a buncha others really, actually anything off of queen 2, a day at the races, or a night at the opera.
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
lets talk about the tour MARCH 10TH WORCESTER YA!!
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
knerken
UG Senior Member
106 IQ
I have nothing against Free, but Paul Rodgers should never be in Queen! Queen IS Freddie you know. I think it's the same thing like The Jimi Hendrix Excperience with Paul Rodgers singing and playing guitar after Jimi's death... But that is just my opinion.
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Quote by knerken
Queen IS Freddie you know.

Well, the other members played an important role, too, but Mercury was definitely the most important.
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
Quote by trey-col89

my thoughts exactly.
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^What's so wrong with being a Queen fan? Are you telling me that there's not a band out there that you're equally obsessed with?
I'm not particularly obsessed myself, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking them a lot. Sheesh.
knerken
UG Senior Member
106 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan
Well, the other members played an important role, too, but Mercury was definitely the most important.

I would say that Brian and Freddie were important. John and Roger could might as well been anyone else! John and Roger didn't make much difference, except that they wrote a few good songs...
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Quote by knerken
I would say that Brian and Freddie were important. John and Roger could might as well been anyone else! John and Roger didn't make much difference, except that they wrote a few good songs...

Um... Roger wrote a lot of their good songs, too, and he was a pretty sweet bassist. He wrote "You're My Best Friend", which is one of their best songs.
Deacon also wrote "Another One Bites the Dust" (it's not really that bad, I guess) and "I Want to Break Free", which I think we can all agree is a great song.
So, though they're not super-important members, I still probably wouldn't like Queen as much without them.
knerken
UG Senior Member
106 IQ
Yeah, I really like Deacon and Taylor, but I just think they are kinda unspecial, you get my point right? They are really talented and all, but anyway.... They are just the typical bassist and drummer you know...
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^Yeah, I do know what you mean. They weren't geniuses or anything, but I still liked them a lot.
igotabcrich32
Is Dan
1,431 IQ
Quote by DownDark
Queen

Here is a sanctuary for all Queen fans...

Talk about their albums, songs, books, dvds, concerts, solo projects, the band itself, the individual members themselves, talk about their tour with Paul Rodgers, talk about Freddie Mercury's death, etc...

... of course, for those who are homophobes, there's a little room for some Queen hatredness...

I made this thread because I noticed the lack of Queen talk and I just thought I should make a thread for all Queen fans to join together and share the love of their favourite band... Queen!

Freddie Mercury R.I.P. 1946-1991 There can be only one!

Queen rocks!!!

NOTE: Crude comments of Freddie Mercury's sexuality will not be tolerated and will be reported.

Oh yes, because if someone doesnt like Queens music it means that they dont like them becauses Freddie's gay

Serisouly, you need to calm down and realise that not everybody likes Queen
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
deadhead313313
UG's Official Deadhead
333 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan
^What's so wrong with being a Queen fan? Are you telling me that there's not a band out there that you're equally obsessed with?
I'm not particularly obsessed myself, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking them a lot. Sheesh.

No, I don't think you understand what hes saying. You can like a band all you want, but when you're on a forum, theres such a thing as taking it too far. When virtually all your posts somehow relate to the band in question, it might be time to slow down on the posting, or maybe put some variety in your posts. I think thats what hes trying to say.

As for Queen, I like 'em. Can't say I'm a huge fan or anything, but I can respect them all. Very talented.
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^If anyone doesn't like Queen, then they just don't have to post here. I hate when people come on to a thread about a band they don't like and say what you just said.

EDIT: This is directed at igotabcrich
deadhead313313
UG's Official Deadhead
333 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan
^If anyone doesn't like Queen, then they just don't have to post here. I hate when people come on to a thread about a band they don't like and say what you just said.

Hold your horses buddy. Nobody in this thread has said they didn't like Queen.

And this is a Queen thread, made to talk about anything related to Queen. So, if people want to put in their reasons for not liking them, I say let them. Sure, useless "Queen Sucks" posts are pointless, but other than that, I think it should be accepted. And its true, not everyone can like one band, so not all your posts are going to be positive. You've got to accept that.
wilty00
From a Distance.
1,489 IQ
Quote by igotabcrich32
Oh yes, because if someone doesnt like Queens music it means that they dont like them becauses Freddie's gay

Serisouly, you need to calm down and realise that not everybody likes Queen

Seriously...

Theres a point when you get sortof tired walking into every thread and seeing the exact same person relate everything to Queen.. change it up a little for god sakes. I like Queen as much as anyone... I don't go from thread to thread reciting names of their songs. Calm down a little.. theres other stuff out there.

Anyways, I didn't go to the Queen W/ PR concert when it came. Queen isn't Queen without Freddie.
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
Quote by deadhead313313
No, I don't think you understand what hes saying. You can like a band all you want, but when you're on a forum, theres such a thing as taking it too far. When virtually all your posts somehow relate to the band in question, it might be time to slow down on the posting, or maybe put some variety in your posts. I think thats what hes trying to say.

SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Ah, so we should get some real discussions going instead of just people going "Yeah, I like them" and stuff. I see! For some reason, I didn't understand that at first.
Alright, how about I'll just ask some questions:
Favorite Queen song?
Fave May solo?
Best Queen album?
Mercury's best vocal performance?
Most annoying Queen song?
Just stuff like that, I guess. That'll at least give the thread a little more life.
wilty00
From a Distance.
1,489 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan

Favorite Queen song?
Fave May solo?
Best Queen album?
Mercury's best vocal performance?
Most annoying Queen song?
e.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Killer Queen
A Night at the Opera
Bohemian Rhapsody
We are the Champions
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^Killer Queen's definitely one of May's best. I've always been a fan of harmonizing (Maiden), and that solo is just incredibly harmonious. There are, like, 3 different layers or something, aren't there?
Another awesome May solo is after the ringing interlude in "Bicycle". Those layered trills are awesome, and then the separate solos going through opposite speakers... that song is freaking awesome.
igotabcrich32
Is Dan
1,431 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan

I like Queen, a lot actually, i just think DownDark's view of non Queen fans is extremely stupid and ****ed.

and Freddies best vocal presentation is definetely Bohemian Raphsody, as is Killer Queen Brians best solo.

AS for most annyoing, i dont like I'm In Love With my Car (that the title right?)
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at Feb 5, 2006,
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
Quote by igotabcrich32
I like Queen, a lot actually, i just think DownDark's view of non Queen fans is extremely stupid and ****ed.

Oh, okay, I get your point.
Sorry about that, then.
knerken
UG Senior Member
106 IQ
My favourite song is Stone Cold Crazy I think...
Favourite May solo must be Don't Stop Me now
I'm not sure about my favourite album....maybe Queen 1?
Freddie's best performance is no doubt bohemian rhapsody!
Most annoying song: Under Pressure! Oh, how I hate that song!

EDIT: No wait, I just listened to Under Pressure now... It's not that bad! Well, then I don't know which song is the most annoying...
Last edited by knerken at Feb 5, 2006,
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^You corrected yourself anyway, but I'd just like to say that Under Pressure is one of Queen's best. It's in my top 5 favorites, if not even my top 3. It's such an incredible song... Bowie rocks, too, so maybe that's why I like it so much.
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan
Um... Roger wrote a lot of their good songs, too, and he was a pretty sweet bassist. He wrote "You're My Best Friend", which is one of their best songs.
Deacon also wrote "Another One Bites the Dust" (it's not really that bad, I guess) and "I Want to Break Free", which I think we can all agree is a great song.
So, though they're not super-important members, I still probably wouldn't like Queen as much without them.

actually Roger was the drummer, not the bassist, and he certainly did not write "You're My Best Friend". That came from the genius mind of John Deacon. Surprisingly, both wrote really great songs. Roger wrote great songs like "Loser In The End", "Drowse", "Sheer Heart Attack", "A Kind Of Magic", "Fight From The Inside", and many more. John Deacon wrote great songs as well, such as the ones you had already mentioned, including "Misfire", "One Year Of Love", "You And I", "Who Needs You", Friends Will Be Friends", and one of my favorites, "Spread Your Wings", and many others...

Yes, Freddie and Brian were the important members but Roger and John were the backbone of the band that helped cement them together, making and awesome ensemble.
SethMegadefan
UG's Star Wars Nerd
2,020 IQ
^Oh jeez, sorry about that, I must've gotten the two mixed up!
God, I'm so embarrassed now!
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
Quote by wilty00
Seriously...

Theres a point when you get sortof tired walking into every thread and seeing the exact same person relate everything to Queen.. change it up a little for god sakes. I like Queen as much as anyone... I don't go from thread to thread reciting names of their songs. Calm down a little.. theres other stuff out there.

have you seen my Pink Floyd polls?
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
Favorite Queen song? Bohemian Rhapsody/Somebody to Love
Fave May solo? We will rock you
Best Queen album? A night at the opera
Mercury's best vocal performance?Somebody to love 1982 Live at the bowl
Most annoying Queen song?another one bites the dust
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Noosie
34 IQ
FINALLY a Queen thread this is gonna be where i spend most of my time lol. So my favorite Queen song is most definitly The Millionaire Waltz simply stunning the first time i heard it. I would say my favorite Vocal Performance from Mr. Mercury was from a 1974 concert i got bootleged from Ares it was amazing the best song they played was The White Queen it is impossible to describe with words thats how amazing it was
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Probably not very well known, but my two favourite Queen songs are Bijou off the Innuendo album, and Mother Love off Made In Heaven... oh and DOn't Try Suicide, it makes me laugh. My fave album is probably Innuendo, and the favourite solos are off that too lol... a bit one-sided I know, but I think it's the album that I can associate with most.

oh yeah,.. Who Wants To Live Forever just gives me chills, so I guess I'll put that here too

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Quote by SethMegadefan

I can't say anyone is most important in that band,.. they all made it what it was, so without anyone of them it wouldn't be Queen. Which means Paul Rodgers probably shouldn't be trying to fill gigantic shoes.

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Probably not very well known, but my two favourite Queen songs are Bijou off the Innuendo album, and Mother Love off Made In Heaven... oh and DOn't Try Suicide, it makes me laugh. My fave album is probably Innuendo, and the favourite solos are off that too lol... a bit one-sided I know, but I think it's the album that I can associate with most.

oh yeah,.. Who Wants To Live Forever just gives me chills, so I guess I'll put that here too

Bijou is an amazing song, Mother Love is a great song too and Don't Try Suicide is so damn catchy. Love it!

Anyone heard of a song called Put Out The Fire from the Hot Space album? IMO it's the 3rd best song on the album right behind Under Pressure and Las Palabras De Amor.

Favourite Songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, Teo Torriatte, The Millionaire Waltz
Favourite Vocal Performance: The Prophet's Song, Bohemian Rhapsody, March Of The Black Queen
Favourite Albums: Queen II, A Night At The Opera, Innuendo
Favourite Guitar Performances: Gimme The Prize, Bijou, Brighton Rock
Favourite Drum Performance: Sweet Lady, Ogre Battle, Stone Cold Crazy, Great King Rat, Keep Yourself Alive, Princes Of The Universe
Favourite Bass Performances: Dragon Attack, We Will Rock You (Fast version from Live Killers), Father To Son, Liar, Ogre Battle
Most Annoying Songs: Body Language, My Baby Does Me, Cool Cat, Delilah
Hanzi_G
Screw You Guys
282 IQ
Quote by trey-col89

Exactly.

The reason nobody makes Queen Threads in the CR Forums is because you've already made them all.

Anyways, yeah, you guys should know by now, I heart Queen.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT