Page 1 of 9
I didn't find much when I searched the forums about these guys. I was just introduced to these guys last night and I can't believe what I've been missing. I guess a description would be progressive black metal, but hey music is music. Although their music is absolute brilliance, I would highly recommend listening to an album all at once, over song sampling. Every song is an intricate story...absolutely genius. This isn't your average band, take the time to listen to this and you will be blown away. Anyways, discuss...
They're teh w33rd.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
It's surprising how the new stuff is electronic (which I normally hate), and yet somehow just pulls me in, musical geniuses.
Quote by mydadisjewish
Nattens Madrigal for the win

I'll second that. I don't care for the new stuff though.
Meeeeh, so so.
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
I have kveldssanger & nattens madrigal and they are both great,Kveldssanger is kinda like the Norwegian version of opeth
Is that the band with the guy from Emperor? cause I think I heard them before or I might be thinking of some other band.
bergtatt and the following two = <3
Last edited by grave at Dec 18, 2006,
I have only heard Nowhere Catastrophy, and its a great song.
Som "psycho-elektronic-rock"
I just got Kveldssanger and now i can't stop listening to it....
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Quote by laffyjam
Is that the band with the guy from Emperor? cause I think I heard them before or I might be thinking of some other band.

Ulver was founded by Garm/Trickster G/etc from Bornagar and Arcturus. They used to be black metal but now they're some weird prog/trance/electronica type stuff. Kveldssanger is amazing - definitely get it if you're a fan of soft acoustic based stuff.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
madrigal and bergtatt are classics. Havent listened to their new stuff, it's probably alright but their metal peak was definatley bergtatt. Bergtatt is my number 1 'listen to it going to sleep pissed' black metal cd.
Quote by masterofmuppets
<3 Bergtatt <3
+1. I've yet to hear any of their newer stuff.
Diggg. Arise from your grave. Right now I'm listening to Sœlen Gåer Bag Åse Need. **** yeah. I was asking a norwegian exchange student what the lyrics said, and he was like it was written in some ****ed up swedish ancient norse he couldent understand.
Holy shit, I got Bergtatt two weeks or so ago.

Goddamn. Get. This. Album.

Highly, highly recommended.

I'm looking to get Kveldssanger, also. Bergtatt took me forever to find, but it was well worth it.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Don't really care much for them. I mean, Bergtatt was a cool album, but now they're just being experimental for the sake of being experimental. Ulver ripping off Tricky?

Hardly a progression.

Shit.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I've got the original Trilogie & themes from William Blake's A Marriage of Heaven & Hell...The Trilogie is, of course, amazing...Not fond of the newer material though.

PS: For those who don't know, Ulver is currently re-recording Nattens Madrigal.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
^ uh ohhh. I hope they don't stuff it up. The original has a really raw blackmetal quality to it.

-That video was cool too, I want geiger to design my house.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
New stuff is excellent but it isnt metal at all.

The old rawer stuff like Nattens Madrigal and Bergtatt are brilliant.

This.

The new stuff is good and in a different vein than most. Older stuff is classic.
Great band, listening to Bergtatt right now. Awesome so far. Does anyone here have Nattens Madrigal? If yes, what do you guys think of it?
Check out Nattens Madrigal and then check out Blood Inside.

Both the new and the old Ulver is excellent.
Oh wow, nobody ever seems to talk about this band. But really, they are very good. Wasn't the story about them that they recorded one of the albums outside in the woods?
I haven't been able to get into the older stuff quite yet, the production on Nattens Madrigal really just puts me off. I listened to Blood Inside quite a bit, and although I don't like techno or industrial very much, I thought it was an amazing cd. The song Christmas is excellent.
FOR IRE
This band pwns all.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Kveldssanger and Nattens Madrigal

--Red
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Is Kveldessanger any good, anyone? I want to get it....

=/

Very much so, great album.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Is Kveldessanger any good, anyone? I want to get it....

=/

it is sooo good.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.