Page 39 of 39
Axelfox
Banned
1,015 IQ
They rock! I heard Pursuit of Vikings and Twilight of the Thunder Gods on Youtube. \m/
rg_metal
The Clit Commander
2,225 IQ
Their cover of "Balls to the Wall" is fantastic

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
guitgrinder
Look! Over there!!!---->
1,408 IQ
Goin to see these guys tomorrow... anyone been to one of their shows recently?

EDIT: Hell I just read the last page... sounds like Im gonna have a good time! I even have money for drinks & time to go early & grab me a table... have me a nice stoned-drunk sit for the show!
Last edited by guitgrinder at Sep 2, 2011,
ron666
226 IQ
I checked out one of their videos on Youtube and they are very good. I like the way they play up the Viking aspect. It goes great with the music.

ron666
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Sounds really professional, great job! I'm more than impressed.

I've been getting back into AA lately, such an awesome band.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
What's the best album I should start on with Amon Amarth? I've never listened to them before, but I'm worried about it sounding very generic. >.>

Just give me good recs.
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
You've never listened to-

*dies*

You should start with Versus the World, methinks.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
I don't know, like, they are the band I see talked about so much by fans of later Arch Enemy and Korpiklanni...whatever that folk band was. So it made me think they weren't worth looking into.

I shall get on that and report back.

/stupidbias
ScalyGuitarrist
UG's Grass Pokemon Leader
363 IQ
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Sounds really professional, great job! I'm more than impressed.

I've been getting back into AA lately, such an awesome band.

Thanks!
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
I am reporting back.

Good album, at points I was reminded of Disarmonia Mundi in the guitar tone and Omnium gatherum with the vocals. I was expecting a big folk nordic vibe, which is probably what really made me not want to give them a go in the first place, but I enjoy their obvious Swedish Melodeath sound.

It's also cool that Peter Tagtgren helped with the mixing of the album.
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Glad you enjoyed it, it's pretty awesome.

AA is vastly superior to Arch Enemy and Korpiklaani, no competition. And no, there aren't really any folk overtones in the guitars or anything. You can't really go wrong with any album either, just a consistently solid fucking band.
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
Yeah, Arch Enemy are not that cool and Korpiklaani (sorry to anyone who enjoys them) are dumb.

Amon Amarth, as Nick said consistently make great records. Even though their lyrics are sort of lame at points, the songwriting always follows a well thought out process and the songs are just groovy. Glad you enjoyed it though!
I drink your milkshake.
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
I will admit, I do love AE's Stigmata album, beastly record. I'm looking into The Crusher now and I've decided to learn how to play Bastards Of A Lying Breed since I got my 7-String out. Song is fun as hell.
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
I enjoy uhh Burning Bridges, pretty good album with some cool riffs and leads and whatnot.
greeneyegat
113 IQ
-Just listened to Twilight of the thunder god out of curiosity. Hadn't even heard of the band before. New favorite band.
Imperial Throg
..And your wee doggie too
1,275 IQ
I dunno I've been getting more into bands like Arch Enemy myself and listen to Amon Amarth much less than I used to. Probably been said before but I view AA as like the AC/DC of melodeath, always awesome, but at the same time you can always tell exactly what they're going to put out next.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
ron666
226 IQ
Quote by Axelfox
Amon Amarth is cool.

Yeah, I agree. Although initially I did not like them, but I've changed my mind since then.

ron666
Shadowspawn16
15 IQ
Versus the World is awesome. Probably my favorite Amon Amarth album so far out of the ones I've listened to.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
I agree, Versus the World is my favorite as well...I think
Kämpfer
736 IQ
Sup guys. I recorded a cover yesterday of Victorious March from their first album. If you'd like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJk86-N-QE&

there's a few inconsistencies though since I stupidly followed a tab I found without checking for accuracy.
sam b
7,799 IQ
New album soon

I've started tabibng it, and rather annoyingly at least one song is tuned to D standard, not the ssual B. Tabbing wit hout a guitar ftw
Last edited by sam b at Jun 12, 2013,
ambler3
Cardiff
1,038 IQ
Quote by sam b

I love these guys, they sound great and do amazing covers, you should listen to their other stuff, they've done covers of songs by Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, At The Gates and In Flames.
Iced Earth9
Blindly following?
191 IQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE4KJ3iDby0

The sole fact that I should be busy as hell this week (being graduation week) and that I have now listened to the album 4-5 times in a row proves how much amazing it is.

Rare are the songs that give me shivers, but Under Siege moved me so much, I was hypnotized the first time I heard it, and in a similar trance everytime I've heard it so far.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
samreddevilz
21 IQ
I had to go to Ear Doctor after one of my friend gave me a playlist of Amon Amarth. Reallly it is.