Page 4 of 39
Sorry about this, but i'm not very good with Metal genres. What genre are these guys exactly? Black Metal?
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by narmi
What you said was like saying: "I'd like Metallica more if Lars started playing blastbeats, Kirk started shredding and James started growling"

Quote by LedZeppelin
Not really, seeing as AA is already a death metal band. Not at all, actually. I have a right to my fucking opinion, you know.

Ok guys, stop flaming LedZeppelin, what he says is opinion, and narmi i totally disagree.

Metallica never did blastbeats (to my knowledge), kirk ALREADY shreds, and james never growled (not the death metal way anyway i dont think).

LedZep was saying "Amon Amarth can be brutal, and sometimes it can be melodic, but i prefer to brutal part of it"

i find that a normal, and justified opinion.

Why would you guys disagree with him?

wether or not i like a band and someone says something like that about a band, i wouldnt flame them for it.

I like the funk side of the Chili peppers, should i burn in hell for not so much enjoying the pop side?

if you're gonna flame, have some reason to do it.

and reed:

What

The

You think your above people, that you can just say "Not when it comes to Amon Amarth. Nobody has any right to any opinion of them. They are above your trivial opinions."

well newsflash, We can have opinions about any band we want.

Yes this is the metal forums, where people are more agrresive, and yes theres more flaming etc. But does that mean we're not allowed to share opinions? Then what is this metal ****ing forum for you douche?
Quote by mangablade
Metallica never did blastbeats (to my knowledge), kirk ALREADY shreds, and james never growled (not the death metal way anyway i dont think).

No one ever claimed they Lars blasts. Kirk doesn't really shred, especially not the last 15 years. Again, no one claimed that James growls.

Try actually reading what people write next time, huh?

Understood?

Good.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Not really, seeing as AA is already a death metal band. Not at all, actually. I have a right to my fucking opinion, you know.

A band should completely change their style because you say so?

Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by LedZeppelin
I got Versus The World a few weeks ago...I must say, it's disappointing. They need more kickass headbanging riffs and less Across The Rainbow Bridge/Where Silent Gods Stand Guard tracks. I'd like it if they sped it up a little bit and made it more brutal. Too many slow-paced ballad-type songs. If they did a whole album of stuff like Down The Slopes of Death, I'd be happy.

I also think it's a bit too mellow. It still has some kickass songs on it
And I can't really see what's wrong with LedZeppelin saying what he thinks about an album. It's obvious that reed was joking, but narmi... Needs to respect an opinion. And LedZeppelin didn't say that they should change, he just said his opinion, which is what this thread is all about, right? And maybe the mellow stuff is a large part of Amon Amarth, but maybe he just doesn't like that...?

You know, there's a difference between discussing:
Quote by XBodomX
Agreed... The stuff they write makes Amon Amarth who they are and makes them unique and not like every other band.

...and throwing insults on someone with a different opinion:
Quote by narmi
Not every band out there can be Behemoth you fucking poser bitch

Peace out
Last edited by -Alek- at May 17, 2006,
Quote by -Alek-
I also think it's a bit too mellow. It still has some kickass songs on it

You know, there's a difference between discussing:

...and throwing insults on someone with a different opinion:

Peace out

This is the metal forum get fucking used to it.

There is no democracy here.
Quote by Davidian
This is the metal forum get fucking used to it.

There is no democracy here.

Shut the fück up, I say what the fück I will, you stupid poser. This is a savage internet forum, it's fücking about survival.

I think I get it now, thanks! I mean, what are internet forums for?

/spam = off
/this disussion = off
---------------------------------------

On with the thread...
What Amon Amarth albums with a more brutal onslaught would you recommend? I heard the The Crusher was good in this category...
Last edited by -Alek- at May 17, 2006,
Quote by -Alek-
On with the thread...
What Amon Amarth albums with a more brutal onslaught would you recommend? I heard the The Crusher was good in this category...

Once Sent from the Golden Hall
^definitely. Also "The Avenger".

question: I am not a big BM expert, but am I safe to say that at least on their really early stuff, such as on Sorrow throughout the Nine worlds, they do have a strong black metal influence, except for the vocals, of course?
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
Quote by The Oceanborn
question: I am not a big BM expert, but am I safe to say that at least on their really early stuff, such as on Sorrow throughout the Nine worlds, they do have a strong black metal influence, except for the vocals, of course?

No. I strongly disagree. The drumming is too... let's say, refined... for black metal. The riffage is too heavy. The vocals, as you said, are not BM. The overall sound and production doesn't have much BM in it.
Not at all. Old Amon Amarth were closer to Bathory's newish viking stuff than any old BM, or BM at all in that matter.
Their older stuff kinda sounds like Dissection.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
No one ever claimed they Lars blasts. Kirk doesn't really shred, especially not the last 15 years. Again, no one claimed that James growls.

Try actually reading what people write next time, huh?

Understood?

Good.

he didnt claim it, he said "it would be like", and im saying, NO it WOULDNT be like.

Amon has done brutal things, led zepp says he likes those brutal things that THEY DO.

narmi or whoever said thats like saying "lars starting blastbeats, kirk startin to shred " etc. and im saying, its not like that at all, BECAUSE:

amon has done brutal things, and led zepp likes them for it.

the metallica reference would imply that amon had never done brutal things in the first place, but they DID.

so YOU try to understand what people write
Would it help if I put little

/sarcasm

or

/having a joke because AA is my fav band

tags at the ends of my post Mangablade? Idiot. Of course you're allowed your opinion.

Except for with Amon Amarth.

(lets see if he clues in this time....)
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Quote by mangablade
amon has done brutal things, and led zepp likes them for it.

Well that means led zepp is a whore

Take it easy, the metal forum needs some fun, it's been boring as of late, with all these games and tuning threads....
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Once Sent from the Golden Hall

\m/

**** YEAH!! Lopez owns on that album

laff@reed

And guyz ok, its teh internets, its serious buziness. Everyone, quiet. its the internet. We have to keep ON TASK.

Seriously, we need like a 2nd grade teacher to keep us in check
"Alright kids, stay on task. NO TIMMY NO!! DON'T HUMP THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!! Everyone.. stay on task"

Has anyone noticed how k-gr6 teachers say that alot? I used to be an assistant (for school credit ) and the teachers said that every two minutes.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 18, 2006,
Anyone pick up Wrath of the Norsemen? I can't wait to get my hands on this, most likely picking it up tomorrow. You can check out "Fate of Norns" right off the DVD by going here The cameras are freaking pro, mind you I hope they move around a bit more on other videos. None the less its awesome to have so many AA songs in one place. So anyone got it? Once I've watched it, I'll post thoughts here.

(Waits for reed)
Last edited by BrofUJu at May 30, 2006,
It has not arrived in Calgary yet. We seem to be a week behind on major releases like this. It took like 3 weeks after the release date for Synechstra to arrive. Faggots.
THE TREND IS OVER
^ We can't fucking get anything here either.. I was just telling spynal, I'm lucky to even own Fate of Norns.. I have to go to Portland to get a decent CD I'm looking for and don't acutally own.. That means no Nile, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Morbid Angel, the list goes on.. I have to beg and pleed for CDs..Thats why I download..

EDIT: I still can't ****ing find Dimevision... :-/
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Quote by Reed's profile
Deeply Heterosexual

Quote by Reed's title
Not Very Heterosexual
...I'm confused.
Quote by Sun King
^ We can't fucking get anything here either.. I was just telling spynal, I'm lucky to even own Fate of Norns.. I have to go to Portland to get a decent CD I'm looking for and don't acutally own.. That means no Nile, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Morbid Angel, the list goes on.. I have to beg and pleed for CDs..Thats why I download..

Uh...order online?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by BrofUJu
Anyone pick up Wrath of the Norsemen? I can't wait to get my hands on this, most likely picking it up tomorrow. You can check out "Fate of Norns" right off the DVD by going here The cameras are freaking pro, mind you I hope they move around a bit more on other videos. None the less its awesome to have so many AA songs in one place. So anyone got it? Once I've watched it, I'll post thoughts here.

(Waits for reed)

*waits for it to be delayed again*

I've preordered it

Also: I pretty much buy all my albums online....I can't remember the last time I went to a CD store and found a metal album at an affordable price. Online is always so much cheaper and if I am really desperate for an album, I'll order from Amazon US - and it's still cheap
Quote by MaAal_MaAan

Last.FM
Quote by masterofmuppets
I'm getting the DVD as soon as I get payed, £13 on play.com

Sweet deal

I ordered it from there too

Play
Quote by MaAal_MaAan

Last.FM
i preordered it too. i buy most of my stuff online because i rarely find anything i like in cd stores. a decent store where i live is FYE but it's pretty far so i rarely go there
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by <><
...I'm confused.

so am I
THE TREND IS OVER
Quote by LedZeppelin
Uh...order online?

Yeah, I do order stuff online.. But it's not half the hassle if it's just down the street like it should be.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
True. I have to order online, or drive an hour, and pay taxes, so I usually just use CDuniverse, which has a surprisingly decent collection and the lowest prices I can find. I manged to get Still Life and Covenant for $9.75 and 8.65$, respectively.

Oops, kinda spamming.

So what's AA's heaviest album? I'm going for that next, but The Pursuit of Vikings makes me want to go pick up Fate of Norns also...
Quote by HuckIt
Last edited by LedZeppelin at May 31, 2006,
Quote by LedZeppelin
True. I have to order online, or drive an hour, and pay taxes, so I usually just use CDuniverse, which has a surprisingly decent collection and the lowest prices I can find. I manged to get Still Life and Covenant for $9.75 and 8.65$, respectively.

Oops, kinda spamming.

So what's AA's heaviest album? I'm going for that next, but The Pursuit of Vikings makes me want to go pick up Fate of Norns also...

The Crusher or The Avenger. The Crusher is a bit heavier, but The Avenger is a far better album (The Crusher is still awesome though... it's just that they'll never top an album as ****ing awesome as The Avenger).
THE TREND IS OVER
Amon Amarth is my favorite melodeath band.
LET THE DEAD EAT THE DEAD
Quote by Sun King

They don't have **** in the northwest, mang. I feel your pain, I live 10 minutes north of you. Portland doesn't even have decent shops, where do you go to buy yours?

As far as AA goes.. I <3 Once Sent From A Golden Hall. Then again ALL Amon Amarth is good.

:Headbang: Fight for Honor, Glory, DEATH IN FIRE!

He growled so low when teh played that live that it punched into the subs. It was br00tal.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Jun 1, 2006,
I got the DVD, great ****ing dvd. i felt the behind of scenes was lacking but the sound quality on ALL the shows is pretty top notch. got it at newburry comics for 14 bucks..for 3 dvds that's CHEAP.
download doesn't seem to work for me, you got it labelled wrong though it's not Black Metal it's Surpreme Pwnage Viking Death Metal
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...