Page 1 of 9
Wahooo!!!!!!!!!! Ive set this thread up to honour the masters of all music, Sublime! Let the disscussions begin!

Sublime is are relatively unheard of in the UK so i only recently discovered that they are a very famouse band in the USA.

If someone could post a link to a good site for listning to and downloading Sublime, Ide be very greatful!
ive been a sublime fan since around the time brad died. my older brother used to like them, and since i was pretty young i just grew a liking to the album 40oz to freedom. probably one of my top 5 bands, they truely are amazing. just get all their cds they have amazing music on every single one..
I don't like their dub stuff much but they were a good band who could've gone on to be even better. RIP Brad.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Yep, Sublime definately rules. I've been listening to their stuff for a while but I just recently got Sublime Gold (double disc set with 44 songs) for only $15 CAN, one hell of a deal if you ask me...
Awful.
fuc(k) you as(s)hole! ......but u like leftover crack so it's all good .
i like sublime when they lpay ska.....seed is awesome and wrong way and badfish
Sublime is with out a doubt one of my favorite bands. I've been a big fan for about a year and I really enjoy the diversity of their music.

RIP Brad
Quote by unplugtheradio
fuck sigs

Quote by alex_haeni
Damn you kbass, you're good.

Quote by vlp_dope
fuc(k) you as(s)hole! ......but u like leftover crack so it's all good .

I don't care for them anymore, and how come I can give my opinion on this and without being told off? Slightly oppressive.
Quote by Leftover_Crack
I don't care for them anymore, and how come I can give my opinion on this and without being told off? Slightly oppressive.

because your a muppet!

ROCK ON SUBLIME!! let the praising continue!!
Sublime is one of the greatest bands ever, just liste to their music, it's true life ****, so f-uck everyone who disses them
-<$>- sPiNdLe FiNgErS -<$>-
They get the piss taken out of them alot, but I rather enjoy some of their tunes.

They're pretty much another case of cantlikeanythingmanstreamitis.
Warning and ban for VIP dope.

You guys seem perfectly happy to discuss these here, despite a surge of threads a few weeks ago pissing people off. Why did someone report it?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I really enjoy the music but the lyrics are somewhat pointless.
ya sublime is key, does anyone on UG play sublime and what do you do to get brad nowell's tone? peace
Why the hell do these pop up so much? Let's make an official Sublime thread, like GNR has one for 80's Metal thread. Sublime aren't even that good, I enjoy there singles, but I don't appreciate there non-popular stuff, it sucks.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Why the hell do these pop up so much? Let's make an official Sublime thread, like GNR has one for 80's Metal thread. Sublime aren't even that good, I enjoy there singles, but I don't appreciate there non-popular stuff, it sucks.

same here..

but santeria is probably my favorite song right now, i love playin the solo
Ok this can be it.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I think Santeria is funny because it's about killing that guy, but the sound is really mellow so most people take it as something else.
I play sublime with my freind. We play acoustic and sing, and we play none acoustic sublime on acoustic with harmonies and stuff. I love sublime but i understand that if you dont let yourself get into it, its impossible to enjoy. Those of you who have said they dont like Sublime I hope you can give it another chance. I think the key to singing like brad is to fill your voice with pure passion. And to always sing high rather than low, even if it strains your voice.
Rock the 40 oz. is a Leftover Crack song.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Rock the 40 oz. is a Leftover Crack song.

its not beer its piss.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
they aren't too well known around the world.. i met a guy working at a flea market in bangkok thailand who was playing the 40 oz to freedom the day after i got the sun tattooed on my arm though.. not too many bands have blended all the friggen styles they did.

yeah the sublime archive has a bunch of old bootlegs and concerts. i think i have some bootlegs around here somewhere... dog days and memories? they have a lot of rare stuff you can find on here and in record stores.

robbin tha hood is the best album they have.. most people don't think so though. some of the best stuff on it was recorded in a crack den.

i might be able to send you copies of the bootlegs i got if you want
Nice dude! sounds good to me. You said you have the Sublime sun tatood on your arm? Thats a really sweet design. If you could send that bootleg stuff that would be good, but im not sure how youde manage it.

I think that all of their stuff is good, and the idea of them recording in a crac den is a slight put down as thats what led to Brads death.

May his music live on
Quote by misfitsdisciple
its not beer its piss.

It aint* beer its piss if you're going to quote someone at least do it right sheesh.
Quote by Leftover_Crack
It aint* beer its piss if you're going to quote someone at least do it right sheesh.

HA! Here we go!

Sublime....ive been a fan for as long as i know.....
They were very talented. They opened the gateway to a lot of awesome music for me.
Immediately after becoming a fan i began checking brads record label out. Its called skunk records.
They signed some amazing bands. After Brad died the remaining members of the band formed an awesome and trippy dub band called the long beach dub allstars. I Love LBDA. Long beach Dub Allstars introduced me to artists who are more into reggae like half pint.
I had been a marley fan since i was a kid and ive always loved reggae so i was really excited when i found out about these bands. I also discovered Long Beach Shortbus and slightly stoopid because of brads' label. theses are all some of my all time favorite bands. Slightly Stoopid are the BEST acoustic band ever. Seriously check them out. Just do some research on bands like these. If theres one thing i hate its little 13-15 year old posuers who mix sublime into thier sea of emo bands and never learn about the good music sublime inspired and came from. just check out everything on Skunk....and cornerstone ras and long beach records. And also i love the ziggens. They are a surf band and they were close friends with sublime. I would also like to say that im sorry that Brad died but if he wasnt doing stupid crap like heroin it wouldnt of happened so......i dont really feel that bad for him, just his family etc.
which cd's can you get in england? i know the robbing tha hood one is pretty hard to find overseas. i think second hand smoke might be too. and there's the acoustic one.

other than that there's the bootlegs
most of the bootlegs and live stuff they did are pretty crappy compared to the CD's.. because bradley was usually too drunk or high. i haven't checked out a lot of the stuff on the sublime archive though.

the dog days bootleg i have is from a concert in red rock colorado. in 95 or 96 right before he died. there's like 25 songs on it.
i found it in new york city a few years ago. i saw it on the archive awhile ago under a different name.

i forget where i got the memories cd's.

look for the doin' time remix they did with pharcyde. even if you don't like rap it's a killer song. work that we do is their best song i think..

anyway dude i don't mind copying any of them for you because i know the **** is hard to find.. and they are probably the best band there ever was.. guitar wise, bradley could rip it up. the solo in scarlet begonias (a grateful dead song) is a great example of using modes in a song.
anyone else see the dvd SUBLIME :Stories, lies, and exaggerations? its an amazing dvd, completely changes your perspective about sublime. anyone else want to reccomend me some other sublime dvds?
the only other one they have is the self titled one.. its got a few of their music videos and live footage.

i haven't seen either.. i've heard about an expensive book.. like 60 bucks that's a bunch of color photos and history of the band. there's a lot of interviews of their friends and people that saw them.. what people thought when brad died. i heard its pretty good, and was helped written by brads dad. its hard to find though... check amazon or ebay or something.
Sublime **** is hard to find in the UK, bootleg or not, but its pretty easy to just order it on the internet or just download it from you guys in the states though limewire or something (not that i would do such an illegal action).

Ive loved Sublime for about a yeart and a half, not that long i know, but before that i have always been a fan of reggae and some of the reggae influenced ska.

I think that the key to really enjoying sublime however, is to get really high. But i know thats not for everyone. Skunk records are definately holders of some fine bands, but there does seem to be a fine line between being influenced by Sublime and copying Sublime. I usually listen to reggae compulations, the really old school stuff that influenced the man himself( bob marley).

The magic recepy that was sublime seems to be an original yet revelutionary one, but when the same formular is tried to be recreated it is always lacking that secret ingredient, Brad; who unfortunately, is dead.

If someone could leave a link or something to a site were i could order the Sublime CDs, that would be great.