Page 1 of 557
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
here we go. . . blah blah blah!

no spam, no zep threads outside of this one.

UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Diceman42
UG's Sleaze King
283 IQ
Quote by jono034
here we go. . . blah blah blah!

no spam, no zep threads outside of this one.

we could have done with a classier introduction to the ONLY zep thread EVER.
i mean werent they all about the style and the class?

and fav album = all cept presence. that album is no good in the middle. and maybe coda... its really uninspired.
log y^2 = c+log x
log 4 = c + log 4
c=0

log y^2 = log x
y^2 = x
y = x^(1/2)
DieN
I like music
121 IQ
3rd reply, yay!
I "discovered" Led Zeppelin this winter. Now I own the first 5 albums.
My favourite is Led Zeppelin 2 followed by 3 and HotH.
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
OK since this is a post on the first page I have decided to make it an FAQ. This is to solve all of the common and stupid questions people ask about Zeppelin so we can refer newbies to it when they ask them. If you want to add something to this PM me.

Where can I hear the backward messages on Stairway?

Jeff Milner was one of the first people to post it on the Internet her is his site:
http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Are they real?

Well that?s a matter of opinion. In my opinion it's something unintentional and it's your mind playing ticks on you. Here is where I got that idea. This is a letter that was written to Jeff Milner: http://jeffmilner.com/?p=663.

It could be real. It could not be real. Nobody knows for sure. Nobody will probably ever know.

What's all this about Led Zeppelin being thieves?

Well, the members of Led Zeppelin were big on the blues and a lot of their most famous songs are uncredited covers or versions of old blues songs.

Some of them we are positive they 'stole" (I.E. Whole Lotta Love, Since I've been Loving You)

Some of them are similar and/or different versions of the songs (Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm gonna leave you)

Some are suspected but not positively "stolen" (Opening riff to Stairway, Black Dog song structure)

Others are original (Kashmir, No Quarter,)

Where can I here the original songs?

Here are the suspected songs:

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/multimedia/index.php?m=roots

These are just clips. Make your own judgment on whether or not they stole

I'll add more later I just thought this could be useful.
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Last edited by Stula1031 at Feb 20, 2006,
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
^Me too I don't own three but I have heard every song off of t. It's on my most wanted list

III is there best album next to PG. i don't care what anyone says. Then I guess my third favorite is IIII just cus it has all the classic stuff on it.
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
^ I've only heard some of the BBC stuff but from what I did hear its awsome.
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member
84 IQ
i dont have III either, i ordered it though, should come soon, i have some songs from it on my mp3 though. BBC stuff rules.
UNFORGIVEABLE
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
good i dont have to listen to any more of that thief in other threads
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,310 IQ
euch.......

ok one post and thats me done, i'll leave you all to cry away about l3D z3PpL1n!!11oneone all you wish.

Personally, i find them bland and boring but can understand why people would be interested in them from a musical perspective (if you like heavy overdriven slushed out solos and screaching vocals).

Anyway, basically, i can't post in here no more because I know it will just turn into a MASSIVE Page slamming thread for me where everyone gets annoyed at me because Page is an arse blah blah blah..........

So have fun and PLEASE DONT POST ABOUT THEM IN OTHER THREADS
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
FreddieMercury
UG's #1 Queen Fan
252 IQ
my favorite songs are the one that the original song writers had before they were stolen
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
^ I like them too. Some old blues songs though are a little too slow for me but I do like the original You Shook Me and You Need Love. They are both great songs.

BTW we ALL know Zeppelins stole lyrics. but let it be known they were deffinetly not the only band who ripped off the blues. Besides the lyrics they ripped weren't even great to begin with.
Iruleeverything
UG Newbie
120 IQ
Quote by Derigiberble
euch.......

ok one post and thats me done, i'll leave you all to cry away about l3D z3PpL1n!!11oneone all you wish.

Personally, i find them bland and boring but can understand why people would be interested in them from a musical perspective (if you like heavy overdriven slushed out solos and screaching vocals).

Anyway, basically, i can't post in here no more because I know it will just turn into a MASSIVE Page slamming thread for me where everyone gets annoyed at me because Page is an arse blah blah blah..........

that was uncharacteristic, where's the page bashing your known for

anyway my favorite album would have to be the box set because thats what I have for led zeppelin, it has most of there songs but they don't put them in the order of which album they are on.
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
TimiHendrix33
641 IQ
My favorite Led Zep albums are:

1. IV
2. I
3. HotH
4. II
5. III

On the whole "Page steals" thing,I don't think he stole that much,he just used some popular blues riffs that could be confused with other songs.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Diceman42
UG's Sleaze King
283 IQ
Quote by Derigiberble
euch.......

Led Zeppelin is overdriven sludge?! what the hell do you listen to?? Remi Shand?

EDIT: i find it interesting how his name is basically Derigible, which is basically another name for the Zeppelins.
log y^2 = c+log x
log 4 = c + log 4
c=0

log y^2 = log x
y^2 = x
y = x^(1/2)
Last edited by Diceman42 at Feb 20, 2006,
musicmatchbox18
21 IQ
I love the BBC sessions...
-----------------------------------
Ibanez Steve Vai Jem Series
VOX AD30VT
Korg AX10G
Metal Zone MT-2
taxman27
UG's Quadrophenic
144 IQ
^I also find it interesting that David Lee Roth is in his avatar, even though he just condemned heavy overdriven solos and screeching vocals. But anyway. My personal favorite is Physical Grafitti, though I still don't have the self-titled one, which could take over.
Why should I care
If I have to cut my hair
I have to move with the fashions
or be an outcast

The Who- "Cut My Hair" from the album Quadrophenia
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
my favorite song from III has to be Out On The Tiles. I just LOVE the chorus!
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
Quote by Diceman42
we could have done with a classier introduction to the ONLY zep thread EVER.
i mean werent they all about the style and the class?

What? lol. . . Class? You mean to tell me that screwing women with sharks is now considered class? You mean to tell me that consuming alcohal and drugs by the boat-full is considered class? Say what you will about their music, which was great IMO, but they arent a classy bunch of guys

And I wasnt taking a shot at the band with my intro, I was taking a shot at the members of this forum picking them for a 3rd (or maybe even 4th) thread. It has to be tiring by now.

UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
CornLord
¡Ayúdame, estoy en fuego!
24 IQ
I figure since I voted for this thread, and since Led Zeppelin is my second-favorite band (although I haven't been listening much to them recently), I should post here.

My album ranking goes like this (although it's subject to change ):
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Physical Graffiti
3. Led Zeppelin III
4. Led Zeppelin II
5. Presence
6. Led Zeppelin IV
7. Houses of the Holy
8. In Through the Out Door
9. Coda (but that's expected, seeing as how the songs were unreleased until that point and songs are usually unreleased for a reason)
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
DownDark
UG's #1 Queen Fanatic
404 IQ
what do you guys think of the song Hey Hey What Can I Do? I think that it's a great song and shouldn't have been left only as a b-side but actually put onto the album.
Member #4 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!
Co founder of the "official band/artist obsessors club" as a queen obsessor pm me or me_and_my_esp to join!
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
altough i'm kind of disappointed that The Beatles didn't win, a Led Zep thread is definitely fine with me. definitely one of my favorite bands.

here's how i would rank their albums: 1. Led Zeppelin I
2. Led Zeppelin II
3. Physical Grafitti
4. BBC Sessions
5. How The West Was Won
6. Led Zeppelin IV
7. Led Zeppelin III
8. Houses Of The Holy
9. Presence
10. In Through The Outdoor

that was actually quite hard because i quite enjoy all of those. but yeah, Zeppelin rules.
Uncle Salty
Person of Randomness
32 IQ
Quote by TimiHendrex33
Alright,I want to learn a Led Zeppelin solo. Which one?

How about the one to What is and What Should Never Be?
My favorite album that I just got for christmas is Houses of the Holy
Zosorocker1
19 IQ
Zeppelin is the greatest, check out my name fools. And this is by far the best string on all the forums because it talks about the greatest band ever: LED - ZEPPELIN. The only reason why they dont want us posting zep **** on other forums is becuase it would scare them with too much good music, then they would start crying. I love shattering gay-emo fantasies.
Iruleeverything
UG Newbie
120 IQ
Quote by Zosorocker1
Zeppelin is the greatest, check out my name fools. And this is by far the best string on all the forums because it talks about the greatest band ever: LED - ZEPPELIN. The only reason why they dont want us posting zep **** on other forums is becuase it would scare them with too much good music, then they would start crying. I love shattering gay-emo fantasies.

At least an only led zeppelin thread keeps people like this from spamming up other threads, hey timihendrix you should learn the solo to stairway to heaven
MySpace
Quote by syyz1
You're right, I mean, I can imagine eating children, but listening to good music seems a little too much. You, Iruleeverything, are the master of torture.
xX*Zeppelin*Xx
jamming econo
1,398 IQ
Quote by TimiHendrex33
Alright,I want to learn a Led Zeppelin solo. Which one?

How about you just learn the rain song?
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,310 IQ
Quote by emoqueer
led zeppelin huh? arent they emo, why are they in classic rock? uless.... OMG!!!!!!!! arent they the original emo band????? OMG OMG OMG

winner is you

Quote by taxman27
^I also find it interesting that David Lee Roth is in his avatar, even though he just condemned heavy overdriven solos and screeching vocals. But anyway.

euch... i like David Lee Roth, i didn't say i like EVH or any of the guitar solos, in fact EVH was much better for his riffs. As for screeching vocals, when you can sing like DLR, i'll give you credit.

Quote by Diceman42
Led Zeppelin is overdriven sludge?! what the hell do you listen to?? Remi Shand?

EDIT: i find it interesting how his name is basically Derigible, which is basically another name for the Zeppelins.

Led Zeppelin is overdriven sludge, IN MY OPINION.

And yes, my name is kind of like derigible which is another name for a zeppelin, which means i MUST therefore like Led Zeppelin..... good link
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Garf72
UG Resident Monkey
287 IQ
for someone really up for a zeppelin thread, you really know how to kill the discussion right away

as for the zeppelin bashing, save it for someone who cares, it's not going to cause any good in a place where people come to talk about their favourite band
OMGIZZLEZ
UG Member
84 IQ
To Derigiberble: stfu and leave quit saying Led zeppelin sucks in a led zeppelin only thread, your just gasping for attention, otherwise if you realy hated Led Zeppelin that much you wouldnt take the time of day to come in here and spam ****.

anywho, i have Led Zeppelin II, IV(Zoso),HotH,and Early/Latter Days. I ordered I and III outa a BMG music catolauge, i have some money so what Zepp album should i buy next? im thinking either Physical Graffiti , but you guys boast your opinon.
UNFORGIVEABLE
moe_d
Tuned in DADGAD
98 IQ
My favourite album would have to be III or Coda.
Somepeople misunderstand Coda and think its stuff that they recorded in their latter days. It actually wasnt its songs that were unreleased throughtout their time as a band, and it's great!
Whats your favourite concert's or bootlegs?
Mine would have to be:
-Houston, The Summit, May 21, 1977
-Royal Albert Hall, Jan 9th 70
-Toronto, Maple Leaf Garden's, Sept 4th 71
-Earl's Court, London, May 24th 75
Gear:
-Fender Mexican Telecaster
-Vox VR15 amp
-Yamaha FG-700S acoustic
-No name classical guitar with a stinky greasy fretboard
Stula1031
Sex is a texas drought.
596 IQ
I got one in '68 the first one none to man. its very sick
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
Quote by FreddieMercury
good i dont have to listen to any more of that thief in other threads

Quote by FreddieMercury
my favorite songs are the one that the original song writers had before they were stolen

Ok, firstly, this thread isn't just for Page. It's for the entire band. and secondly, this thread isn't for people like you to unite and bash the band. So either post something useful or stay out.

Anyways, I'd have to say Led Zepplin II is my favorite album, although in reality the first 6 are all pretty much tied as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder.....Did anyone actually enjoy Coda?
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,266 IQ
Quote by Diceman42
and fav album = all cept presence. that album is no good in the middle. and maybe coda... its really uninspired.
Presence is awesome!

Over the past few months, Physical Graffiti and Presence have really grown on me.

my favorites are:
1. Physical Graffiti
2. II/Presence
3. HOTH
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by DownDark
what do you guys think of the song Hey Hey What Can I Do? I think that it's a great song and shouldn't have been left only as a b-side but actually put onto the album.

One of my favorite songs by them. It is trully well done; beautiful in every way. I don't mind that it wasn't put onto the album, since I own it as a B-Side anyways.

My favorite Zep album(s) would be Zeppelin II and Physical Graffiti, but I've bitched about them enough in other posts, so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyways, Zeppelin is my favorite band (for those who haven't guessed). I think that they are one of the most talented bands ever, and though they did steal some stuff, which was wrong, I felt as though they atleast created something good out of that "stolen material" (unlike Vanilla Ice with Under Pressure). I love Zeppelin because they are very easy listening, and though their music is simple (usually composing of a main riff, bridge, verse, and solo arranged together into a song), the emotion and work that goes into it is great. Any of their albums I could listen to over and over again, and never get bored of them.