Page 5 of 557
hay guys...am new here...i jus wanted to find someone who can give me a list of Led Zellelin's best 20 or 30 songs......
coz am new to led zeppelin..am new to rock.....i loved ten years gone and stirway to heaven....

i'd love it if someone can giv the list of the best of Led....coz i cannot get all the songs....

thanx alot
Quote by deenrocks
hay guys...am new here...i jus wanted to find someone who can give me a list of Led Zellelin's best 20 or 30 songs......
coz am new to led zeppelin..am new to rock.....i loved ten years gone and stirway to heaven....

i'd love it if someone can giv the list of the best of Led....coz i cannot get all the songs....

thanx alot

Street Fightin' Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Money
Smells Like Teen Spirit
What I Like About You
Longview
Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Ohio
Heart of Gold
All My Life
Helena
No One Knows
I love Rock'n'Roll
Crossroads
Tears in Heaven
Come Together
Eruption
Let It Be
^ I don't know whether I should laugh or feel bad for deenrocks.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
Quote by blues_rocker
^ I'm pretty sure maet was joking...I hope...

You obviously have not known Maet long enough then.

And I agree with CornLord. I also can not figure out whether to laugh or feel bad for the guy.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
What?? You mean to tell me Led Zepplin didn't do all those songs?? What the hell kind of crap bands have I been listening to for the last few years??
guys seriously.......... r they the best songs of Led......????? am gonna download them....thanx maet....
i hope they r the best Led has to offer.....if anyonr thinks that there r better songs....pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls...giv me the names
guys i asked someone alse for the best of LZ....and this is what he gave me......

1) Stairway to heaven
2) Rock and Roll
3) Fool i the rain
4) Myer Baker
5) Moby Dick
6) Black Dog
7) Good times bad times
8) Dazed and confused
9) The song remains the same
10) Kashmir [Unplugged version]
11) Since i've been lovin' you
12) Babe I'm gonna leave you
13) Whole lot of love
14) What is and what never should be
15) The Lemon song
16) Ramble On
17) Immigrant Song
18) Gallows Pole
19) Tangerine
20) Battle Of Evermore
21) Going to California
22) When the levee breaks free
23) No quarter
24) Nobody's Fault but mine
25) Achilles's Last Stand

not in any order....
i think that this list is more LZ than wat Maet gave me....coz
Smells Like Teen Spirit is by Nirvana....
2112 is by rush as far as i know....

i downloaded all the songs i listed above....
if u guys hav anything else to add...pls be my guest
-That's the way
-The Rover
-Over the Hills and Far Away
-No Quarter
-I cant quit you Baby
-Houses of the Holy
-The Ocean
-How many more Times
-Thank You
-Bron-y-aur
-Bron-yr-aur stomp
-You Shook me

I dont think ive heard 'Myer Baker' though, why not try 'D'yer M'aker' instead?
Thank God im an atheist
Quote by wil
-That's the way
-The Rover
-Over the Hills and Far Away
-No Quarter
-I cant quit you Baby
-Houses of the Holy
-The Ocean
-How many more Times
-Thank You
-Bron-y-aur
-Bron-yr-aur stomp
-You Shook me

I dont think ive heard 'Myer Baker' though, why not try 'D'yer M'aker' instead?

thanx alot man.....
i think he got the name rong Myer Baker should be 'D'yer M'aker'
You should really add Trampled Underfoot to the list. That is some real funky sh*t, yo!
^nice inuendo in that song love it
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Their entire discography is pretty much awesome, especially "Hey Hey What Can I Do".

Also, the unplugged stuff is awesome too.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
I have the dvd and i also have the stuff originated from it. It's too good!
Gear:
-Fender Mexican Telecaster
-Vox VR15 amp
-Yamaha FG-700S acoustic
-No name classical guitar with a stinky greasy fretboard
Quote by Garf72
the stuff originated from it? explain

I think he means where the DVD shows short concert clips, he has got the whole concerts, if you understand...
lucky bastard, woulda loved to have seen Heartbreaker somewhere on that DVD.
They wanted to use the Heartbreaker from Royal Albert Hall, but half the song is missing starting at Pagey's solo along with visuals to accompany it. However you can hear the first part of the song on the credits of the dvd.
I am Zosoian II, Archbishop of Bron-Yr-Aur, and Cardinal of Zeppelinism.

PM TheHeartbreaker to join Zeppelinism.

Long Live the Hammer of the Gods!
Even on my bootleg of RAH there is only half of Heartbreaker.
Gear:
-Vox VR15 amp
-Yamaha FG-700S acoustic
Quote by KingBrendan5149
^ was that a list of songs that just jumped in your head first or is that stuff you actually like?

Stuff that just came to mind at the time. To be honest, I only like a few of those songs.
Quote by play th' geetar
who here has the led zeppelin dvd "desert" one

I DO! Well, technically, it's my dad's, but I've watched it with him and borrowed it when he's gone put of town for a few days. I LOVE the Danmarks Radio performance.
Quote by bigwillie
learn the stairway to heaven solo that is like my favorite one but it is kinda easy
Quote by Windfire
learn the stairway to heaven solo that is like my favorite one but it is kinda easy

hm?
yea, one of my favorite things on the DVD is the Whole Lotta Love at knebworth

I love the part that they added to the song. Page gets really into it.

Also Bron-Yr-Aur stomp, the ocean, and dazed and confused are all amazing

Does anyone know a tab for the extended part of Whole Lotta Love, Knebworth? I really want to play that it is really cool.
I really like Whole Lotta Love live versions, better than the studio version. I really hate that LSD-interlude thing! It really ruins the song! Luckily, they don't play that live...
^^Do you mean the part before the solo with the slide work and weird "bee-buzzing" and "radio-signal" effects? If so...

On all the live versions of Whole Lotta Love I've heard, they do play this part. Also, I don't know why you think it "ruins the song". In fact, it's almost a perfect idea. So you've got this weird, psychedelic, almost scary noise, that, when listened with stereo headphones, makes your head swirl. It's absolutely crazy.

Then, out of nowhere, Bonham has this short fill and the Jimmy starts to solo. IMO, it's perfect. Similar in a sense to what they did in Dazed and Confused, where they would play the bow section live and just **** around for a few minutes before letting Jimmy break loose.
^^and the way the vocals swirl in "Ramble ON" and the end; makes me dizzier than WLL
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
In fact, it's almost a perfect idea. So you've got this weird, psychedelic, almost scary noise, that, when listened with stereo headphones, makes your head swirl. It's absolutely crazy.

Ha, I slept with my walkman on and Whole Lotta Love woke me up and I thought something was happening to me and I was hearing scary noises in my mind I was really creeped out, but then I realised I forgot to turn my walkman off and it was only WLL. It made me love the song even more.
Gear:
-Vox VR15 amp
-Yamaha FG-700S acoustic
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
^^Do you mean the part before the solo with the slide work and weird "bee-buzzing" and "radio-signal" effects? If so...

On all the live versions of Whole Lotta Love I've heard, they do play this part. Also, I don't know why you think it "ruins the song". In fact, it's almost a perfect idea. So you've got this weird, psychedelic, almost scary noise, that, when listened with stereo headphones, makes your head swirl. It's absolutely crazy.

Then, out of nowhere, Bonham has this short fill and the Jimmy starts to solo. IMO, it's perfect. Similar in a sense to what they did in Dazed and Confused, where they would play the bow section live and just **** around for a few minutes before letting Jimmy break loose.

Well, I'm really not the psychedelic kind of guy. I haven't heard too many live versions of WLL, but the ones I've heard, they don't play it I think. My memory isn't the best though..
if you don't like the trippy bit, track down the old edited single or watch it at Knebworth, you'll be blown away
i personally think it's great for building up to the solo, gives it that extra punch. without it, it only sounds like another part to the song, if you get me
Quote by R0CKER1220
I have Zeppelin in my stereo which (attempts) to wake me up, but if the chorus of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You comes on, i'm ****ing awake!

Lol. The chorus is so ****ing heavy, it's orgasmic. My friends and I were headbanging to the chorus one day out on the street.

People gave us some really weird looks.

Quote by moe_d
Ha, I slept with my walkman on and Whole Lotta Love woke me up and I thought something was happening to me and I was hearing scary noises in my mind I was really creeped out, but then I realised I forgot to turn my walkman off and it was only WLL. It made me love the song even more.

I've done something similar to that, but the worst time I've ever forget to turn off my iPod was when... (a bit off topic, but, whatever)...

I had this huge exam in one of my classes, and earlier that day, I had been listening to Pink Floyd. I was listening to them on the bus, so my headphones were pretty loud to hear over the people and engine. Anyways, as I was leaving the bus, I turned off the iPod, and proceeded to put it on "Hold", but somewhere in the process, must have accidentally hit the click-wheel to turn it back on.

At this point, I'm assuming it was on "Stop", because I didn't hear anything playing, and if I had, would have turned it off. After about 10 minutes into the test, I hear the sound of a radar "ping", and realize Echoes has just started playing.

The teacher heard the music once the song started up, but I was lucky that it sounded further away from me. He came over to try and find the noise, and left the room to see if it was coming from down the hall. At that time, I proceeded to pull the headphones out of the jack, and got away with it.

If he had known it was me, he wouldv'e took my iPod and either failed me for the exam or have me retake it on Friday, which was a retake day, where if you didn't have to do a retake, you had the day off.
Anyone know any semi-easy Zeppelin songs that wouldn't be to hard to learn?

I already know Stairway to Heaven,Black Dog, Rock and Roll,Four Sticks, and When the Levee Breaks.

thanks

EDIT: I just noticed all these are fom LZ IV.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
To be honest, I think Zeppelin songs are extremely easy to play; the only hard parts possibly being the solos.

However, whats easy to some people is hard to others and so forth like that. I'd recommend you learn Heartbreaker, and after that Livin' Lovin' Maid (She's Just A Woman), so that way, it's sounds like how most radio stations play these songs together because the space between them on the album is so short.

Also, some others...

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Good Times Bad Times
The Girl I Love She Got Long Wavy Black Hair
Quote by play th' geetar
im guessing that noone knows a tab for the knebworth WLL?

it's easy to work out, work it out yourself
Quote by knerken
I really hate that LSD-interlude thing! It really ruins the song!

I actually really like that part. Oh well, to each his/her own.
Quote by bigwillie