Page 1 of 3
joic3389
Dont touch my Guitar!!!
300 IQ
No No No!
there album is basically the same song over and over again so no i dont
Quote by NFFC_1865
Girls playing guitar?!?!?! They should be playing cooking and cleaning and not wasting time trying to be men!!! ****ing feminist lezzer bitches. Trying to take over!

Co-Founder of the "Don't touch my guitar" club

Ockeroid
544 IQ
How is it the same song over and over?

I think what you meant to say is: everything by Linkin Park is just the same song over and over.

Yeah, they're good. I saw them live and they were pretty amazing. I heard that lots of people are calling the guitarist the next Hendix?
joic3389
Dont touch my Guitar!!!
300 IQ
^WTF jimi hendrix???

totally agree with the linkin park comment tho
Quote by NFFC_1865
Girls playing guitar?!?!?! They should be playing cooking and cleaning and not wasting time trying to be men!!! ****ing feminist lezzer bitches. Trying to take over!

Co-Founder of the "Don't touch my guitar" club

jallas
dying is fine
1,802 IQ
I strongly dislike them.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
bobjewell87
Cause = time
874 IQ
great band, love them a lot. Still wouldn't mind seeing them live sometime.
MyMetalHeart<3
No more panty lines
10 IQ
i was disappointed by their live show. it was moderately lame. i think i would've needed to be drunk to fully appreciate it.

not to mention the pavement was really hot that day and the bottoms of my favorite shows melted.

boo hoo
Meow.
fijjj
gunning down romance
10 IQ
Love Banquet...it's just so happy sounding...cheers me right up, haven't really heard all that much of their music yet though, plan to get more soon
*dances*
redpillbluepill
10 IQ
I absolutly love those guys didn't like their album, silent alarm, at all when i got it first but it really grew on me and it's now one of my favouites of all time. 1,no, 2 bezillion thumbs up!!! Really recommended
Tenacious_dex
Dex
221 IQ
I hate all their songs apart from 'Like eating glass'. They sound so annoying, and are just a boring mainstraim indie band. They're one of the few indie/ alt bands I dislike alot.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Guitar_Joe
1,032 IQ
i like them they a good band, there gitarist is being way way over rated he's nothing special, he's good better than me don't get me wrong but there are guitarists in modern indie bands out there that are so much better than him
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
Bloc Party? Who?

there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

rogue.orchid
Banned
10 IQ
haha i think its hilarious the amount of people who know nothing about bloc party...
for example... my brother kept telling me that bloc party were just another one of those uk bands trying to be the next franz....so i sat him down and we listened to the album and most songs as they started i said to him 'who does this sound like?' and many times he was unable to come up with an answer.
...anywhoo 2 days later he had to go away for a few days and he says to me he says 'can you burn me bloc party' and i just laughed....

the moral of this story kids is LISTEN TO THE WHOLE OF SILENT ALARM!!!
Last edited by rogue.orchid at Feb 22, 2006,
kyle2k4
UG's gay cowboy
196 IQ
They're pretty good, I liked them. I remember back a while ago in 2003 or 2004 when they were supposedly going to be the "new big thing".
FILLER.
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
Not really, but I loooove their song "Compliments." It's so much better than the wannabe-catchy dance crap they make.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
thegenerator
UG P90 Elitist
43 IQ
Like Eating Glass's lyrics are some of the most brilliant I've ever read regarding a viewpoint on religion.

I like the guitar lines, the songwriting can be obtuse at times. They're vastly written off via Banquet and Helicopter, but I think Like Eating Glass, Positive Tension and Luno are perhaps the three songs that best represent Bloc Party to me.
My Rig

2004 Fender '72 Custom Telecaster reissue
2006 Cole Clark Fat Lady 1 Acoustic

ProCo RAT
Boss DD-3

Peavey Classic 30
fleabass
UG's premier Cockney
248 IQ
yea banquet is a very good riff.....
who are you to wave your finger......
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
Quote by rogue.orchid
haha i think its hilarious the amount of people who know nothing about bloc party...

If you were referring to me then I guess I forgot my [sarcasm] && [/sarcasm].
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

fiona23
Anyone Can Play Guitar...
10 IQ
great band, amazing album and they put on a hell of a show, theirs was one of the best gigs ive been to (even though i was ill and had to run off to puke near the end...)
"I'm not afraid of computers taking over. They're just sitting there. I can hit them with a two by four"

-Thom Yorke

member #2 of the radiohead fan club PM draken to join.
stellar_legs
semen bath.
4,744 IQ
I really like them. Silent Alarm is a bit of a mixed bag, though. On one hand, you have great songs like Like Eating Glass, So Here We Are, Blue Light, Helicopter, and Luno, and then on one hand you have filler like Price of Gas, Plans, and She's Hearing Voices.

But goddamn I love their guitar tone.
Poor advice.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
yes, i do.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
grace13
enjoy incubus
21 IQ
haven't listenend to them too much, but they're ok in my book...
"I would lock her in a room full spiders & let her think about what she's doing 2 the youth of america"brandon boyd on britney spears
phobos
Ed
327 IQ
they're ok in my book, but some of the songs on Silent Alarm are forgettable. Like Eating Glass, Helicopter, Banquet, Positive Tension, and Compliments are great songs, the others kinda of drag along. i don't think i could label them as trying too hard to do anything in any way...just they don't particularly hit a home run with this album (maybe more of a line drive double ).
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Abe
Come Here and Say That...
1,563 IQ
I quite like them. Pioneers and Blue Light have to be my favourite songs on SA. Russels a good guitarist, I'd say he's definately a Radiohead fan. Unfortunately for them, their live show is pants.
radio_schizo
don't look now
2,833 IQ
Bloc Pary?

Bloc Party are alright I guess, their drummers good and they have some interesting guitar work and a unique sound. But overall they are a bit of a boring band really.
Ababil_Albarn
Audio Engineer
225 IQ
I like em...especially after getting Silent Alarm remixed...
Hi! Are you a home studio recordist in need mixing and/or mastering?

Want a FREE mix consultation?

CONTACT ME!

utsapp89
Banned
260 IQ
If you listen to the album in excess, it sucks. I might put it in my player once every month or so and it's really nice
Raginscotsman
Banned
20 IQ
They're alright, but for me they're just background music. Nothing that really stands out.
Hanzi_G
Screw You Guys
282 IQ
Bloc Party are one of the best bands around today. The only band I like more than them are the Mars Volta...

Anyways, I can't wait for the new CD this year.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
utsapp89
Banned
260 IQ
^Do they have a date out on that yet? This year is going to kick ass release-wise.
Sc0tt
Indie Rock 'n' Roll
111 IQ
Quote by happyslug
Silent Alarm is the album of 2005.

Definitely one of the best of 2005, in my opinion.

Banquet, Little thoughts, so here we are, positive tension, helicopter, two more years, like eating class, tulips - they have so many good songs, and all sound unique to me.
i_strum_i_drum
398 IQ
^despite the probably made-up comparison, i'm sure they mean Russel not Kele

they play a fantastic show
Hanzi_G
Screw You Guys
282 IQ
^Yep. I love listening to their live shows.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT