Raginscotsman
Banned
20 IQ
I didn't know where else a Springsteen thread would go, so I just assumed classic rock.

Anyhow, I really, really love Bruce Springsteen. He's my favourite songwriter of all time, perhaps better than Bob Dylan. Anyone else like the Boss?
knerken
UG Senior Member
106 IQ
Oooohhh... I love Bruce! One of the most talented lyrics-writer ever! Really love The River song... I can play it on harmonica
Calum_Barrow
(the return)
1,255 IQ
Springsteen is great. Whether he's better than Dylan or not I won't say, but he certainly is a good songwriter.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
JackWhite1988
UG Addict
309 IQ
my favorite classic rock lyricist.

I own all of his albums, my favorite is Darkness on the Edge of Town
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Pl3h-B0y
UG's Egyptian
55 IQ
He's amazing
My favourite song by him (for now anyway) must be I'm Goin down
followed by The Rising
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
China Groove
Reefer Madness
243 IQ
Thunder Road and Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
are in my opinion, his best songs
Cptbeefheart
UG's Captain of Beef
33 IQ
Bruce's best songs IMO are Promised Land, Rosalita, Paradise, and Jungleland.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Derigiberble
UG's Prosthetic Vagina
2,308 IQ
The Rising is a great song

Love the river and Altlantic City

great singer and songwriter
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Oblivious16037
GO VIKINGS!
88 IQ
Yeah, I like him. When I was little all my dad listened to was Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffet so I kinda grew up listening to him.
Quote by 4e574e57363g

is anyone here as cool as Oblivious16037??

I think not.

GO VIKINGS!

Founder of the iPods Suck Balls Club
PM me if you wanna join!
dudus_remanet
The Dude
10 IQ
The Boss is a great artist, BUT he really should've avoided using bells in a lot of his songs.
The Dude Abides.
TimiHendrix33
639 IQ
Quote by Raginscotsman
I didn't know where else a Springsteen thread would go, so I just assumed classic rock.

Anyhow, I really, really love Bruce Springsteen. He's my favourite songwriter of all time, perhaps better than Bob Dylan. Anyone else like the Boss?

I doubt he's better than Dylan,yet he is easily one of the best.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Angus76
Mr. Tinkertrain
706 IQ
He is very underated, I like him quite a bit.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
HendrixEdge
absolute bastard(s)...
185 IQ
Quote by TimiHendrex33
I doubt he's better than Dylan,yet he is easily one of the best.

Well Bruce and Bob are actually quite different in terms of themes and musicality.

Lyrically though along with Cohen they represent the contemporary peak in my opinion and are amongst my reasons for advocating the ?three chords and the truth? school of thought in regards to song writing.

So without further ado I?ll just add that ?Born To Run? and ?The Rising? are my favourite albums by the Boss.
Incisive inklings of proper piss are unsuited for the quill…
born to run
10 IQ
I love bruce I think he's the best artist ever I think he's the best live artist to my favorite song is backstreets
ClaptonWannabe
Banned
555 IQ
The rising was a good album but it's lyrically nowhere near his best.

"I'm Waitin, waitin on a sunny day, gonna chase them clouds away, waitin on a sunny day"

I man come on!

Jungleland is his best song in my eyes. Clarence Clemmons' saxophone solo in that is the most intense I've ever heard. Lyrically it's stunning and musically it's perfect. The only complaint I have maybe is, ironically, the guitar solo!
SomeEvilDude
Government Conspiracy
627 IQ
Was brought up listening to Bruce, love his music so much.

His best album as far as I'm concerned, is The Ghost Of Tom Joad, that album kicks so much ass.

That said, The River is one of the greatest folk rock songs ever written. He's a fantastic songwriter, harmonica player and singer. Unfortunately very much underrated.
ClaptonWannabe
Banned
555 IQ
I don't think being underrated is a bad thing. It's made him like a god in my eyes.

If he'd of been popularised then he would have lost his special 'thing' if you get me.

It's late and I'm tired!