Page 3 of 8
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
The killers aren't Emo, and they are indie, the definition of indie is a band with a n indepentant record label

u2 is signed to the same label as the killers
Uhhmmm does anybody realize that this forum is indie slash alternative?
It's been agreed the whole world stinks, so no one's taking showers anymore.
- Modest Mouse
Yeah, so a band can be in this forum doesn't have to be indie but has to be alternative. Ergo, The Killers. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of people saying they have to be indie to be here.
- Modest Mouse
Quote by ac_indie
Yeah, so a band can be in this forum doesn't have to be indie but has to be alternative. Ergo, The Killers. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of people saying they have to be indie to be here.

I don't like them that much. They always seemed like a crappier version of The Bravery to me.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Quote by Zukev
The Killers aren't alternitive, they're untalented, studio made MTV "musicians". Just because you're british doesn't mean you should be able to make the same drowsy song over and over again.

I'M NOT THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT ISNT RETARDEDheart heart heart heart heart
I don't like them.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
They're pretty good I used to be really into them but I'm not too fussed about them now, but I will have a listen now and again.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I think the Killers are ok but I don't like them that much. There's only 2 songs i like and they're Somebody Told Me and Mr Brightside
Quote by Zukev
The Killers aren't alternitive, they're untalented, studio made MTV "musicians". Just because you're british doesn't mean you should be able to make the same drowsy song over and over again.

They aren't even british
- Modest Mouse
I give you...

The Killers meet Kings Of Leon.

Btw, the new killers song is rubbish.
Quote by Cal UK
They're pretty good I used to be really into them but I'm not too fussed about them now, but I will have a listen now and again.

same ere. does anyone know if they're gonna bring out a new album?

Though nothing will drive them away
We can beat them, just for one day
We can be Heroes, just for one day
I like them, I think they produce some good music and I really don't care if they're popular or not. I'm looking forward to their new cd as it will sound more American than their first which could be interesting.
Yeah, the new album will be released in october. It's called Sam's Town. There's actually a single out right now. Have a listen at islandrecords.com.
- Modest Mouse
I'm not impressed by the new song.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I hate to say it about the killers, cos i used to really enjoy their debut album...but lookin back it theres only like 4 good songs on it. :/
Quote by RHCPhysco8
I'm not impressed by the new song.

They changed their style a little bit so the new song seems different. But it's still on the billboard top modern rock songs...
- Modest Mouse
Quote by Zukev

There not British *(&%()* there from Vegas.....USA
you guys are idiots...
alot of you hate the killers just because "Mr. Brightside" was a pop radio hit. Guess what... indie radio was playing "Somebody Told Me", "Mr. Brightside" and "Smile Like You Mean It" before the pop world knew who the **** they even were. I'm personally gonna be happy for their success, and not bash them for it. They're a good band (kinda silly at some times, ex: "I got soul but I'm not a soldier"). I really like "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine", "Smile Like You Mean It" and "Under The Gun", these are fantastic songs.
i am member no. 3 of the 'coheed and cambria fan club' interested? pm CoheedANDnofx6.

"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it"
-Mitch Hedberg
their new song is so very very silly and cheesey
Last edited by bobjewell87 at Aug 23, 2006,
I was pretty surprised how enjoyable I found their new single, as cheesey as it may be.
Quote by slinks
I was pretty surprised how enjoyable I found their new single, as cheesey as it may be.

Well it wouldn't be that bad except it sounds EXACTLY like Disentegration era The Cure. I was so pissed off when I heard the synths and the way they were layered. Then I though HOLY CRAP HE SOUNDS A BIT LIKE ROBERT SMITH TOO!!! Of course the teenage girls who like them haven't even heard of The Cure and will most likely flock to HMV to buy the new record. What a sad, sad world we live in.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Last edited by pumpkins_rule at Sep 5, 2006,
^ More like a Springsteen ripoff. Though I do see a Disentegration influence in the synth line. I've got to say though, I'm really liking this track.

Oh, and pumkins_rule, nice sig. Wu-Tang is too good.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I think the Killers are fantastic.
Dont care what you guys say.
The new single is weird............."he doesnt look a bit like jesus"
WTF is that about? But anyways..
Its still great. Brandon Flowers is a great musician.
Despite the stupid name..
Quote by calvinthecanadi
I'm now an official Franzaholic.

Meep is a word.
Use it.
Their new song surprised me actually. I had them down as one of the 'one half-decent album' bands that we see a fair few of. I figured whatever they did next would be crap, but When You Were Young is great, like it a lot.
it takes getting used to
- Modest Mouse
i really like the new song, it could get annoying though, so much airplay.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
^^i agree, the amount of airplay it gets is going to generate serious anger.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
It didnt start playing till like 1:30....is that normal?

I thought it was ok...
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
the new album drops tomorrow!
- Modest Mouse
got the new album, pretty awesome
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
People that say the killers are rubbish just go away no one wants to hear you bitch GET LOST!

Got new Album which is great and possibly better than Hot Fuss ROCK ON KILLERS!
I bought Sam's Town yesterday. I really like it. It > Hot Fuss
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"