Will_Minus
UG's nail-head-hitter
188 IQ
Overlay? Do you mean a vaneer (thin peice of wood), or a decal(logo, model name)?
kaplac
UG Addict
615 IQ
Looks like you woudl jsut glue it on, and spray over it with some layers of clear.
dave293
‪‪‪
480 IQ
Not really i would just look like a headstock with binding.
That_Pink_Queen
My Avatar Kills Fascists!
5,856 IQ
You may have to saw out your current guitar headstock too.

Plus fake Gibsons are just retarded. No shame in having a copy.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
AlGeeEater
Luthier
212 IQ
Glue...clamps...time.

And you're not going to fool anybody by trying to trick people into thinking you have a Gibson when you've got an Epiphone, or ****ty Agile.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
xrawrockkillsx
Im Back Baby!
3,551 IQ
Quote by AlGeeEater
Glue...clamps...time.

And you're not going to fool anybody by trying to trick people into thinking you have a Gibson when you've got an Epiphone, or ****ty Agile.

my friend had a squier and he wanted to know if it was possible to get a fender one on. so calm the **** down.
kaplac
UG Addict
615 IQ
He could just sand off the squier decal, and put a fender decal on it, They should be loads cheaper.
dave293
‪‪‪
480 IQ
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
my friend had a squier and he wanted to know if it was possible to get a fender one on. so calm the **** down.

For a fender style one you would need to sand the decal off, stick a new one on and spray a few coats of laquer.

It's totally different to putting on the one you posted. Don't be an ass to people trying to help.

Side note: Those overlays wouldn't fit on a epiphone as they have different shaped headstocks.
Fast_Bear
UG Freak
1,026 IQ
1st thing, inlays are the mother-ofpearl things in the headstock that look like Fret Markers, but in kickass designs, like a red Mother of Pearl flame thing. Logos re nifty words and shapes that are either painted or glued on.

I once saw this cool bit on Project Guitar about logos(Cant find the link, anyone help me?), basically you print the colored lineart of your logo (at a print shop with a high quality printer) backwards on a transpartent sheet. Color it in extremely carefully. Than glue it in right side up (so the ink is on the inside) and put finish on it.
lookie here
ExpldingAstros
322 IQ
Quote by Fast_Bear
1st thing, inlays are the mother-ofpearl things in the headstock that look like Fret Markers, but in kickass designs, like a red Mother of Pearl flame thing. Logos re nifty words and shapes that are either painted or glued on.

I once saw this cool bit on Project Guitar about logos(Cant find the link, anyone help me?), basically you print the colored lineart of your logo (at a print shop with a high quality printer) backwards on a transpartent sheet. Color it in extremely carefully. Than glue it in right side up (so the ink is on the inside) and put finish on it.
What this?
http://projectguitar.com/tut/logo.htm
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
That_Pink_Queen
My Avatar Kills Fascists!
5,856 IQ
^The logo can be inlayed, bear boy.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Fast_Bear
UG Freak
1,026 IQ
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^The logo can be inlayed, bear boy.

I know, infact it does look quite cool I can imagie, but I mean unless you have mastered the fine art of the mighty Dremel, than it would take a VERY long time, and LOTS of money...

Quote by lookie here

Tankyou! Exactly what I was lookin for!