Page 27 of 27
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
I like everything apart from Rafstraummur.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
uhh_me?
schmendrick.
3,607 IQ
Either of the two most recent albums worth fuckin' with?
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Yes. Valtari might feel like more of the same but has some really good moments. It's their most 'texturised' release with a lot of good ambient driven sections. Kveikur is their most 'rock' oriented record since ( ). There are a couple of weaker moments but it also has some of their best work.
jiminizzle
Lost Pilot
2,775 IQ
first two songs on valtari are two of my favorite of their catalog. the rest is good too. kveikur stuff is really good if you like their heavier side.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
There's only two songs that are 'heavy' on kveiukur, the rest arenpretty chilled out, in a haunted sort of way.
Quote by ErikLensherr

jiminizzle
Lost Pilot
2,775 IQ
Quote by bradulator
Valtari is good.

Have you made love to Jonsi yet jim?

actually just bought a ticket to iceland for my friends' wedding. the groom is really good friends with him and i don't think they're on tour so i've got my fingers crossed. will report back after the weekend
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Last edited by jiminizzle at Apr 23, 2014,
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
^ayy you never reported back.

damn it's been a while. what is Sigur Ros up to anyway? I know Jonsi did that dragon stuff last year but that's all I know. seems like they're on de facto hiatus again.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
Found it before I did

Last thing I heard is they're doing cool special repackaged releases and stuff. Need to check out dat agaetis
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at May 31, 2015,
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ

I'm the Yianni of this thread.

rereleases nice. never bought one of those before but if they do one for () I might 'cause I still don't have that one.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
I only have Valtari and kveiker so yea, and I defs need ( ) cos it's my fave record evs. Listened to it last night actually. timeless man
Quote by ErikLensherr

slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
those are the only two I actually "have" also. rest are in my library via being obtained. Sigur Ros are the only artist I listen to who are actively against obtaining music so I didn't do it to the ones I don't already have 'cause I'm a sentimental sap and respect their wishes.

I listened to it last night too wtf.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at May 31, 2015,
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
Yea? I orobs have a few like that, radiohead especially. but yea, I hope to 'real own' them all at some point.

Niiice, it's just like, an event, man #dep Valtari's probs the closest they've come to that same coherently themed album, I hope they do something similar again soon. Cos as much as I love their more 'songs albums', I want that feeling of a total spiritual-esque journey again.

kveiker rocks tho, I'm still upset at that Coldplay song tho
Quote by ErikLensherr

slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
for real. yeah I'm really interested to see where they go next and I wonder when we'll hear from them with new stuff.

Kveikur is great but that really bad song is not Coldplay alright Coldplay has some good stuff let's not insult them.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
Alright it's like muse then
Quote by ErikLensherr

manualex
180 IQ
I've only heard/played one song by this band(Gobbledigook) and I liked it(even if I couldn't understand a thing), what's the album I should hear first?
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Quote by manualex
I've only heard/played one song by this band(Gobbledigook) and I liked it(even if I couldn't understand a thing), what's the album I should hear first?

Takk might be the best starting point if you liked Gobbledigook. Takk has stuff that preceded the album that Gobbledigook is on (not typing that shit out lol) and is similar but it has more of the post-rock sound Sigur Ros is known for.

Ágætis byrjun is another good one to start with if Takk doesn't win you over.
baranbaran
10 IQ
I say it ....(we will rock it)
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
steve_muse
beating a dead forum
419 IQ
Quote by slipknot5678
woah damn

it actually does sound like this Coldplay song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgzg50JtQNo

but the Coldplay one is actually good imo.

Yea that's better. I was trying to imagine Jonsi strumming a guitar like that but it's impossible
Quote by ErikLensherr

darrenmk
12 IQ
Quote by manualex

That song isn't a whole lot like their other stuff but you should probably listen to the album that it came from because it's pretty solid. I can't remember the name cause it's in Icelandic but it loosely translates to "with a buzz in our ears we play forever"
lewisling
10 IQ
Anyone else see the live show they streamed on their website yesterday? Absolutely brilliant.