Page 4 of 27
Quote by lessthanthree
Chances are, if you like Sigur Ros, you'll like Explosions, so why they shouldn't be mentioned in the same thread is above me.

because explosions in the sky are the reason good bands don't want to be labeled as post rock
Quote by starsnostars
because explosions in the sky are the reason good bands don't want to be labeled as post rock

Each to their own I guess...
So I've been a fan of these guys for a while (borrowed my friends copy of Takk... and () and copied them to my computer), but this Christmas I got my very own copy of (), and just purchased Agaetis Byrjun (now listening to it). Absolutley amazing stuff - I wish I could write something half as amazing as what they do.

I saw Von in stores too but didn't have enough money to get it too
Sigur Ros are one of my favourite bands! My friend got me into their music when he saw them live in Iceland when he went! He showed me the videos from it and some of their music and I fell in love with it!

I love the way they bring the sounds of the Icelandic landscape with them in their music.
Their music is beautiful and relaxing and breath-taking, much like most of Iceland's landscape is, from what Ive seen.

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
i was just thinking today about how it would be 2009 before we get another album out of these guys. but no!

from thier site:

sigur rós have begun recording their new album and expect to finish it later this year. according to georg, it remains to be seen whether the band will be taking a totally new direction on the album. “we have finished recording a few songs but some more things need to be done. we don’t know exactly where the album is heading yet. we are really just experimenting at this stage. some of the songs we recorded are old songs which we had written a while ago, unreleased material which we never got a chance to finish. we decided it was time they were recorded.” georg says there is a possibility the album will be released this year but nothing is confirmed at this point.

hope to god it's better than takk
i found the CD called 'Ba ba ki ki ti ti' or something like that.....can someone pelase tell me if its is an album or a single or what?

ba ba ti ki di do is very good! i love it, does anyone know when Sigur Ros are coming to the UK next??

Quote by starsnostars
probably not until the next album is out, but sometimes they do shows here and there. keep and eye out here

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

NEXT ALBUM!! fantastic! how long have they been working on it? do you have any idea when its due for release?

and thanks, i'll keep my eye on that page

all that's really been said on it is what i posted above

Quote by starsnostars
from thier site:

sigur rós have begun recording their new album and expect to finish it later this year. according to georg, it remains to be seen whether the band will be taking a totally new direction on the album. “we have finished recording a few songs but some more things need to be done. we don’t know exactly where the album is heading yet. we are really just experimenting at this stage. some of the songs we recorded are old songs which we had written a while ago, unreleased material which we never got a chance to finish. we decided it was time they were recorded.” georg says there is a possibility the album will be released this year but nothing is confirmed at this point.
i do hope it comes out this year...and i will be interested to see how the new album turns out, because from my point of view on what Georg said about it, it could be absolutaly brilliant or not quite so brilliant.

But knowing Sigur Ros, it will be brilliant!

do any of sigur ros know how to write in english or speak english?

i just found out that jonsi and the bassist can, i dont know about the others

I think everyone in Iceland can speak English, they pretty much have to. In Europe, excluding Britain, most people speak their native language & at least one other language, usually English lots speak more than one though.
Quote by SonOfOsiris
i just found out that jonsi and the bassist can, i dont know about the others

they all can speak it enough to converse, though georg speaks it most fluently, because he's lived outside of iceland. they're all really nice people, and willing to talk with english speaking fans as much as they can.

and yeah, like stuartr said, most people in iceland know english
yeah....wen i go to iceland i want to speak icelandic cos to the people..im learning it now so i can speak it well (hopefully) when i go there.

Sigur ros is amazing seriously, Songs like hoppipola, and Vaka are amazing. But does anyone know where I can find "gitardjamm"? Its on there unreleased album, And Im pretty sure theres a full version mp3 out there. If anyone can help that would be awsome
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

there's a clip of it here http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/
as for a full version, you're going to have to that handy work yourself. check this out, it might help
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=15361

and if hoppípolla is the song you think of when you think of sigur ros, for god sakes please pick up agaetis byrjun or at the very least, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBo4MzOH5s
yesterday i went and got Agaetis Byrjun and ()....both amazing albums, although Takk is in a league of its own....

I love reading while listening to (), because the words don't distract me.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by AWA
I love reading while listening to (), because the words don't distract me.

thats probably because the every song is sung in Hopelandic, a made up language that Jonsi made up, so in a sence there are no words

I'm listening to Ny Batteri. Always forget how beautiful it is, especially the vocals and when the drums kick in.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by starsnostars
there's a clip of it here http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/
as for a full version, you're going to have to that handy work yourself. check this out, it might help
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=15361

and if hoppípolla is the song you think of when you think of sigur ros, for god sakes please pick up agaetis byrjun or at the very least, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBo4MzOH5s

Hey thanks alot!

That really helped
And question, which do you think is better for music, bittorrent or lime wire?
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

the one time i used limewire, i had nothing but problems. i wouldn't recommend it at all.

torrents are great if you can find what you're looking for- you have to know what sites have what, or get into the loop with oink or something to that affect. if that fails, use soulseek

or if it's something you want that i might have, i'm always willing to help.
i found their studio on google earth!! how sad am i

Quote by SonOfOsiris
i found their studio on google earth!! how sad am i

i had been trying to do that for some time and just found it two days ago. it's sad that we both had that idea, and spent time looking.

this is what i came up with
yeah same!

and dont you just love the middle section of Olsen Olsen when it goes really epic with the full brass band and quior vocals!!

...wow...

Last edited by SonOfOsiris at Feb 25, 2007,
Hey guys, Just wondering, is there anyband out there like Sigur Ros? or is driven by there influence?

Thanks
Quote by Meths

got Ágætis Byrjun and I love it!

Staralfur is the best song evar!
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^ Ny Batteri's better.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Olsen Olsen kicks ass

( ), Takk and Ageatis Bryjun are all superb albums!!

Quote by Tombe
^ Ny Batteri's better.

No wai.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?