lifeishockey26
UG's Marching Band Guy
226 IQ
There is this awesome Jazz song I'm playing in my school's jazz band. Its called "Tiger of San Pedro" by-Bill Watrous. My question is has anyone on here played this song? Or what do you think of it? But moreso, are there any other songs you think I might like, based on this song?
[Q
Quote by Flight 101
Attacks: Come on, it's Hitler!
Gabuydachk
443 IQ
I haven't heard it. Most songs in jazz bands (at least from my experience) are either unknown etude-ish songs or really famous standards. The teachers usually get them of the internet or at conventions.

'tis life
Gibaha
34 IQ
That is totally un true. You obviously havent had much experience with the jazz band sceen. The tiger of san pedro is a great jazz standard. It has been done by countless amounts of people and in a lot of different styles. Actually I like bill's version the best. He has as great latin sound. However the drums are programmed on pc at parts. Other than that it is great.
attackofnose
Oh the Inanity!
153 IQ
I actually have the sheet music for it right here in front of me. It says that it was originally by Jahn La Barbera, and that the cersion I have infront of me was arranged by Paul Lavender. In anycase, it's a majorly awesome song. My friends and I are working on a rock version of it and hope to p[lay it at battle of the bands.

I had no clue it was considered a jazz standard. I guess you learn new things every day.
Quote by LochieW
Thats it, attackofnose wins LochieW's Official Trophy of Using His Googling Skills to the Max!

Hooray!
jacol098
10 IQ
hey my jazz band does this song too we have some in sane solos in it