Page 1 of 4
ZoSoII_13
The music elitest
347 IQ
I personally love Elton John. Plus he had a very good and versitile guitarist in the 70s, Davey Johnstone. Anybody else like him?
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
yawn
Be back later.
2,701 IQ
Yellow Brick Road is a cool song
Gutch220
1,758 IQ
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.
1-800-DOCTORB

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

WANTED: Univox 8x10" Cabinet
Encore_God
UG Legend
849 IQ
Outstanding performer, consistently brilliant songwriter who has written some songs that will last as long as there are humans, a true character, and groundbreaking in his work.

Sounds pretty damn good to me.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
don't have any of his albums yet but i hear the occasional Benny and the Jets, Rocket Man, and Your Song on the radio and i enjoy them.
Jesse Mrau
148 IQ
I own many Elton John albums on vinyl. I quite like him, he's a good songwriter.
Andrewbiles
11,176 IQ
I didn't really like his music until I discovered 'Madman across the water' in my mum's collection. Now that's a good album.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
mmonster
U.G.'s scariest member
21 IQ
Elton John was and still is a pop singer.I cannot stand the fact that my local classic ROCK station insists on playing his sappy music almost hourly.I hated him in the 70's and still do.
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
Angus76
Mr. Tinkertrain
706 IQ
Rocketman is also a sweet song.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
Kartman
Samuel in da tub.
2,406 IQ
He is an excellent pianist and songwriter, but I've never been really into his stuff. When I was baby, my mom would sing the song about "My brother Daniel" to me, which is an Elton John song. That's one of my earliest memories.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
rspirate
Preternatural Tranquility
54 IQ
Elton John is great in my opinion. I love the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album. Haven't heard much else of his, thought. I think the moment when I was really caught by him was hearing the "graveyard for a friend" line in Talking Old Soldiers. Good stuff.
:
listening to "Ice Cream Man" VH
Dirk Gently
Exorcising my angels
1,234 IQ
Quote by mmonster
Elton John was and still is a pop singer.I cannot stand the fact that my local classic ROCK station insists on playing his sappy music almost hourly.I hated him in the 70's and still do.

Yeah, he was a pop singer. And in Jimi Hendrix's obituary in the New York Times, they called him a pop guitarist. Granted, him doing Disney stuff as he got older hasn't done anything for his current credibility, but labeling him as "pop" is kind of an odd attempt at a slur. And some of the greatest classic rock songs are "sappy." After all, Layla was Eric Clapton's last ditch effort at trying to woo George Harrison's wife. Sorry if his music isn't macho enough for you, which is the general gist I got from your post.

I've always liked Elton John. I saw him in concert a few years ago, and I was still impressed by his showmanship and his playing. I think Davey Johnstone was playing with him on that tour, also.
Hi, I'm Peter
BassNewbie
308 IQ
I haven't heard a whole lot from him but when he comes on the radio i really do enjoy his music. i love rocket man!
Wilber
Broken Boy Soldier
487 IQ
I love Elton John, I was suppose to see him during his last tour but I had a marching contest my mother made me go to. I love marching, but it's not worth missing Elton John.
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
I like Eltons' Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy album. The guitarist he had on that album reminded me a little bit of David Gilmour in certain areas too in the way that he played certain licks and bent certain notes. Great album.

Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
I love Elton John. He's one of my favourite artists of all time. Man I wish most of you could have been there when Goodbye Yellow Brickroad came out. It was so monumental and we'd never seen or heard anything much like this.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
He's amazing. I love the works that I've heard so far. He had such an incredible voice too. I hope that he tours, because even now he's still a legendary performer/singer Did you ever get to see him in concert as well Sloopy?

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
I love Elton John....his songwriting is genius and his Beatles covers are just plain perfect.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
Yeah Page I did see him in the 70's. I havent seen him recently though.

Quote by Kartman

Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
I haven't heard those. I've just heard the one album, but plan on hearing more soon My dad has four of his CDs, so I've got some stuff to hear.

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I haven't heard those. I've just heard the one album, but plan on hearing more soon My dad has four of his CDs, so I've got some stuff to hear.

Well, it's not necessarily an album full of cover songs. When I said that, I meant "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" in particular.
LOL
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
Ooooh I didn't know that they did that originally. I knew you didn't mean a full album of covers, I just was unaware that I'd even heard one of their covers. I'm not sure which songs are covers and which ones aren't.

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Yeah, that was, in fact, a Beatles song. Ole' EJ is just a beast at piano.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Speaking of Beatles covers. His "Whatever Gets You Thru the Night" with John Lennon is a monster.

Quote by Kartman

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Sloopy
^ Speaking of Beatles covers. His "Whatever Gets You Thru the Night" with John Lennon is a monster.

*searches iTunes*

I'll look for it.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Listen to that dude. It was the single that got Lennon his first number one hit after the Beatles

Quote by Kartman

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Hope it's better than the George Michael duet.

/kidding.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Better x987897689787989704587

Quote by Kartman

Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
God you're making me wanna hear more of his stuff now! I've got too many things that I wanna buy

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Page&HammettFan
God you're making me wanna hear more of his stuff now! I've got too many things that I wanna buy

Well goddamn, go mow some yards. What are you waiting for?
LOL
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
Oh my god you won't believe this shit.... Our mower kills once the motor warms up... I can't even cut my own God-damn yard, never-the-less anyone elses!

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Page&HammettFan
Oh my god you won't believe this shit.... Our mower kills once the motor warms up... I can't even cut my own God-damn yard, never-the-less anyone elses!

Ouch....wash some cars? I dunno, I've got nothing.
LOL
Page&HammettFan
Has ordered his PRS!
262 IQ
I'm gonna see about a job in fast food or something this summer.

Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Work at a music store and make money playing guitars for people. That's what I used to do.

Quote by Kartman

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I'm gonna see about a job in fast food or something this summer.

Hell no. That'e the last thing you wanna do.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ DownIn did you get that song yet?

Quote by Kartman

DownInAHole.
swag on my dick
2,756 IQ
Quote by Sloopy
^ DownIn did you get that song yet?

Nah, I need to go to the music store. Apparently, iTunes is pretty low on old Elton John. After I play basketball tomorrow, I'll swing by and look through some Elton at the mall or something.
LOL
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Its a bit of a tough find I think. I had to illegally download it (shudders).

Quote by Kartman