Page 3 of 56
^yeah I know what you mean,.. I would have bought a shirt too, but I'd rather a Pantera shirt. Dime has my deepest respect though, and maybe my post came across wrong as well. But all good Hey btw you're from melbourne as well

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I'm actually from ACT, represent. I found a site where a dude was selling them in Melbourne and thought what the hell.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Pantera is one of my favorite bands, but I really didn't like Damageplan.

+2
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by Emenius Sleepus
yeah,.. I didn't get the RIP Dime shirt for that 13-year-old reason. I mean, one of my mates, who's an old-school punk asked this chick with a pink "Ramones" shirt "so, you like the Ramones, huh?".. and she was like "oh yeah, it's my favourite brand of clothing"...

I can see how people say that Dime was overrated, because he had his style, and he stuck to it, but never really ventured outside of what Pantera was, and i don't think Damageplan really gave him justice as a guitarist. But he was damn good.

What really gets me is how people tend to put Dimebag in the front to the point where it overshadows the entire band. Because it was all of them that made Pantera the influence that they were. Phil is a kickass singer, and you can especially see that on the first two albums, where he demonstrates just about every vocal style he's capable of. He has a great range, and a number of techniques at his disposal that suited the music. Rex was a good bassist, although what he played wasn't overly complicated. That was for a reason, and the bass still comes through as a force - it's there to create the base that Dime and Phil could go crazy on. And Vinnie Paul's drumming is also good. He has a good feel, and his drumming is really precise, but at the same time is full of ear candy - off beats, and what not. When you hear him drumming you can't mistake it.

What I really loved about guitar in Pantera though, is Dime's tone - it was complete aggression and brutality in rhythm, and really really tight, and then the solos opened up, and sounded almost as if the guitar was singing. Plus he made his clean tones sound really sinister and dark.

yeah seriously.. i'm fourteen and half the shine on shirt. so ****ing sue me.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
^chill out dude, it wasn't directed at you, since you obviously like your metal and what not. I was referring to n00bs that have a very limited idea who dime was, and heard like two songs, but then they go out and buy the shirt and like "yeah I"m so kool"... you know the ones I mean

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by greety
I'm actually from ACT, represent. I found a site where a dude was selling them in Melbourne and thought what the hell.

lol damn oh well.. my bad

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
^chill out dude, it wasn't directed at you, since you obviously like your metal and what not. I was referring to n00bs that have a very limited idea who dime was, and heard like two songs, but then they go out and buy the shirt and like "yeah I"m so kool"... you know the ones I mean

no no no.. i miss read your post.. i feel stupid.. i thought i was supporting what you said.. but anyways, lots of people are dicks about that at my school and stuff.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by Sun King
yeah seriously.. i'm fourteen and half the shine on shirt. so ****ing sue me.

You also happen to be relatively illiterate, which basically nullifies the point of whatever you were trying to say.
Quote by VomitalXX
You also happen to be relatively illiterate, which basically nullifies the point of whatever you were trying to say.

Just because i messed up on one word i cant read and or write? how do you find that out? i said that cause i happen to be fourteen and a half, AND i happen to have a dimebag shirt...

to Emenius Sleepus, yeah sorry man, my bad.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Last edited by Sun King at Mar 22, 2006,
Quote by Sun King
Just because i messed up on one word i cant read and or write? how do you find that out? i said that cause i happen to be fourteen and a half, AND i happen to have a dimebag shirt...

Oh no, not fourteen AND A HALF, that instills in you infinte widsom of the cosmos, that six months. All bow to the Sun Kunt.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Oh no, not fourteen AND A HALF, that instills in you infinte widsom of the cosmos, that six months. All bow to the Sun Kunt.

I was trying to make a point that half and have sound similar. i know im only 14 and thats not too much. but holy shit im not a infant.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by Sun King

Spelling/grammatical mistakes in the top paragraph alone: 11.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but you are illiterate.

EDIT: Upon further review, make that 14.
alright enough children. so the dude cant spell. and he wears one of those dimebag RIP shirts or whatever. and hes fourteen... i guess thats enough to flame him, but **** it man.
enough of that ****.. this is pantera thread...

does anyone know how dimebag made the intro for revolution is my name?
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
^I'm pretty sure he used a whammy pedal. I have a transcription from Guitar World... but maybe he didn't I'll go see ifI can find it

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
CFH is where it's at, with Trendkill being a second. The problem with the other albums IMO was that they were kind of inconsistant, one song will crush and one would suck (IMO, like Walk). I got really obsessed with them for a while, but the original impact faded somewhat. Great band, albiet flawed.

Dime was fucking killer, regardless of the mallcore kids who worship him as a trend. While he deserves the respect and reverance after his death, it's not that metalheads over-do it, it's that the mallcore kids first getting into metal put him on a pedestal like a god when they know nothing about metal and use Dime to pretend like they do. That's the bad part.

I hate those kids. When they see my guitar (a Dean ML, not a 'Dime' signature either just the plain 79 series) they say something about Dime. And yet, they can't name one Pantera or even Damageplan song. Can't tell me anything about him, other than he's dead and his name has something to do with weed. Yet they say he's cool. Quite sad. I love Dime to death, have eversince I was 11 and heard Pantera for the first time but damn. These people didn't have a clue who he was the day he died. Not till a few days after and they saw it on MTV. Stupid fucks. Rant rant rant.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Quote by guitargod_dime
Im ****in depressed about dime he was awesome and still lives in my heart.......and people talking about necrophiliation on him is disrespectfull and ****ing disgusting!!

What, do you think you're more tr00 now that you told us that?
OK let's see, Dimebag Darrel was a blues/metal player, IMO he had everything. I have a recording of him playing Little Wing live and 'twas great, he gave it his own solo. OK so I see where all these Black/Death metal guys, or whoever, are going saying that Dime wasn't the greatest or he's underrated. But soloing isn't everything, he wrote those riffs with his ****in' soul. I bet you if we could talk to him he'd say he was happy with what he did with his life and wouldn't change anything.

Note: Don't see that as a Dime "necrophiliation" session. I'm just stating what I thought Dime stood for.

Now, for the band....they owned but I wish Anselmo wasn't such a pussy.

PS: Spynal your avatar is scaring the **** out of me, what is it exactly?
Pantera was a great band
DIMEBAG R.I.P
he was a pure genious at what he did
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
black sabbath just dedicated the award to dimebag. i thought that was pretty awesome.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
^ ya im watching the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame right now and Geezer dedicates his award to Dime and Cliff Burton
Quote by chemicalsolutio
Pantera = overrated ****

They have 2-3 songs that are listenable, the rest is bad.

says the person who used to have Vulger Display of Power in his avatar
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Spynal

Leave the kid alone, Chris. lol.

That goes to you too, Mason. I'd like to keep this Pantera Thread from turning into;

A.) Dime Fest
B.) Shitfight.

Cheers.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
So... what are the best songs from Vulgar Display of Power, well apart from Hollow and Mouth for War.

I also agree with the brilliance of the solo on The Sleep, i also think of solo on The Art of Shredding is quite good.
Rise is pretty good, although it does sound a little hardcore on some bits.

Then there is Walk, of course.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
yeah... walk was great

although my favorite from VDoP was definitely hollow
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Quote by distilledspirit
OK let's see, Dimebag Darrel was a blues/metal player, IMO he had everything. I have a recording of him playing Little Wing live and 'twas great, he gave it his own solo. OK so I see where all these Black/Death metal guys, or whoever, are going saying that Dime wasn't the greatest or he's underrated. But soloing isn't everything, he wrote those riffs with his ****in' soul. I bet you if we could talk to him he'd say he was happy with what he did with his life and wouldn't change anything.

Note: Don't see that as a Dime "necrophiliation" session. I'm just stating what I thought Dime stood for.

Now, for the band....they owned but I wish Anselmo wasn't such a pussy.

PS: Spynal your avatar is scaring the **** out of me, what is it exactly?

there's definitely at least one true thing in this post: when Dime wrote the riff, he put his soul and heart right in it, and you can hear that come through.

One thing I do love about Pantera is how Vinnie and Dime locked in together - not only it was tight, it was a brutal combination. PLus Vinnie's magic accentuated what Dime was doing and vice versa.

I thought it was interesting that for a big part of Pantera's sound, it was pretty much just ass-kicking metal, with wailing solos infusesd with blues, and driving rhythms - the music pumped adrenalin if you know what I mean. But Phil's lyrics were a lot darker - with every album it seemed to get more so. Anyone else agree?

I'm saying this mainly because if you notice, The Great Southern Trendkill is markingly different - while the songs on it are awesome, and it still has the signature riffs and what not, the music is more sinister, slower in some parts, and overall has a different feel. Funnily enough it's also the only Pantera album not to have the Pantera logo on the cd. And Reinventing The Steel was more of a return to VDoP/Far Beyond Driven sort of thing

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by greety
Leave the kid alone, Chris. lol.

That goes to you too, Mason. I'd like to keep this Pantera Thread from turning into;

A.) Dime Fest
B.) Shitfight.

Cheers.

You don't own me!

*runs around in underwear*
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
there's definitely at least one true thing in this post: when Dime wrote the riff, he put his soul and heart right in it, and you can hear that come through.

One thing I do love about Pantera is how Vinnie and Dime locked in together - not only it was tight, it was a brutal combination. PLus Vinnie's magic accentuated what Dime was doing and vice versa.

I thought it was interesting that for a big part of Pantera's sound, it was pretty much just ass-kicking metal, with wailing solos infusesd with blues, and driving rhythms - the music pumped adrenalin if you know what I mean. But Phil's lyrics were a lot darker - with every album it seemed to get more so. Anyone else agree?

I'm saying this mainly because if you notice, The Great Southern Trendkill is markingly different - while the songs on it are awesome, and it still has the signature riffs and what not, the music is more sinister, slower in some parts, and overall has a different feel. Funnily enough it's also the only Pantera album not to have the Pantera logo on the cd. And Reinventing The Steel was more of a return to VDoP/Far Beyond Driven sort of thing

about TGSTK, yeah, the Pantera logo is on it. in big ****ing letters. but thats a minor detail hahahaha.

but i do agree about Phils lyrics. Thats one reason i do like the later albums moreso than the earlier ones. theyre just darker albums on the whole. and i dont think Dime needs any more emphasis... his impact is just plain ****ing obvious. however, although i like Vinnie Paul, i dont think he was near as key to the sound as was Dime or Phil... i think they were the true keys to the music. not to discount Rex or Vinnie... they were great too, and of ocurse, a band really makes good music based on the chemistry between its members, which, in this case, is evident.
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

I thought it was interesting that for a big part of Pantera's sound, it was pretty much just ass-kicking metal, with wailing solos infusesd with blues, and driving rhythms - the music pumped adrenalin if you know what I mean.

yeah man. whenever i'm getting ready to play some soccer with friends, i usually listen to; walk, mouth for war, i'm broken, and shredding skin. really, really good songs to get pumped up to. IMO.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
^^x2 Yeah, Dime and Phil seem to be where the main sound comes from, but it's the tight rhythm section that makes it effective IMO, especially with all that stop/start stuff.
i love the live versions of sandblasted skin, the real version is annoying sounding
throes of rejection is also great
the sleep-brilliant solo
floods-also brilliant solo, and brilliant song
im broken-also a great song and a really fun song to play and it seems to impress people, and has an easy solo

IMO, cowboys from hell is the best album
great southern trendkill is awesome, but not something i could listen to over and over lol
FBD is great as well and vulgar display of power i have yet to hear all of the songs. i love walk, rise, this love, and ****ing hostile though
what are your favorite albums?
Quote by chrismacker
what are your favorite albums?

Power Metal + Projects in the Jungle

2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour