Page 4 of 56
One of my all time favorites. One problem though, they (Phil mainly I guess cause he had the mic in front of him) always ripped on "trends" which is all good and well, I hate trendy crap too, but if you remember, back in the day, It wasn't dimebag darrell, it was Diamond Darrell, and Rex went by Rex Rocker. They were a hair band. Check out the cover to power metal.
Attachments:
e911369k30g.jpg
Where can you find the pre-Cowboys albums anymore?

Apart from ebay, I mean.
order them. they can be found.

and about pre-CFH Pantera... dude, Power Metal is still a pretty sweet album. Dime plays some badass riffs, even if Phil is just ripping Rob Halford the whole time
Quote by jewishosama
about TGSTK, yeah, the Pantera logo is on it. in big ****ing letters. but thats a minor detail hahahaha

yeah, on the main cover it is, but I'm referring to the actual cd art, rather than the sleeve. lol but like you said that's a minor detail.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Man, Avenged Sevenfold totally ripped off Pantera. Anybody ever notice that Suicide Note Pts. 1/2 follow the same formula as I Won't See You Tonight Pts. 1/2? Soft beginning song with singing all the way through, then a really dissonant, ugly second song. Pantera does it better. Much better.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
what does everyone think about trivium doing stuff. i heard that trivium use the dimebag dean, and when they came a few weeks ago my friends went and saw them at the In Flames concert and said they covered walk and domination or something like that.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
did it sound at least a little respectable? or was it just A7X?

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Sun King
what does everyone think about trivium doing stuff. i heard that trivium use the dimebag dean, and when they came a few weeks ago my friends went and saw them at the In Flames concert and said they covered walk and domination or something like that.

i think its funny that so many people (in the media and people in general) are refering to them as "the saviors of metal" and trying to put them on the same pedestal Pantera was on. i dont think they come close. at all. theyre generic metalcore at best, and i also hear a lot about them being young and playing metal... give me some ****ing Decapitated anytime over them. anyways, im glad Dimes people like them, but i dont.

Oh yeah, Walk is most overplayed Pantera song ever. I wish bands would seriously consider trying to cover a Pantera song that hasnt been covered like it was Stairway to Heaven or something
Hell yeah!

Does anybody know what they shout at the start of Domination? It sounds like "Trey sings like a motherfucker" to me...

But who's Trey?
Quote by jewishosama
i think its funny that so many people (in the media and people in general) are refering to them as "the saviors of metal" and trying to put them on the same pedestal Pantera was on. i dont think they come close. at all. theyre generic metalcore at best, and i also hear a lot about them being young and playing metal... give me some ****ing Decapitated anytime over them. anyways, im glad Dimes people like them, but i dont.

Oh yeah, Walk is most overplayed Pantera song ever. I wish bands would seriously consider trying to cover a Pantera song that hasnt been covered like it was Stairway to Heaven or something

yeah it sucks. trivium is better than A LOT of bands out there but i dont really like them.. like they can harmonize and all that stuff but i dont know i just dont like em too much.. i think they covered walk okay... i didnt go my friends went.. and they would completely murder them if they butchered that song..

^ and domination is a great song. one of my favorite, but all i have it on is the monsters of rock in moscow on my dvd. does it sound better in studio?
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by jewishosama

That's one of my least fave Pantera songs, mainly because its been raped soooo badly despite being the worst song on the album.
Quote by Danno13
Hell yeah!

Does anybody know what they shout at the start of Domination? It sounds like "Trey sings like a motherfucker" to me...

But who's Trey?

To me it's sounds like, Fvck Sex Sex MotherFvcker
</IMO>
^ No, its actually "Fart stinks like a mother****er!"
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by jewishosama

yeah,.. I hear all this Trivium stuff all the time... Metalcore really doesn't appeal to me, I just don't like it even some of the music is alright. I hate the singing, it just sounds tryhard to me. But when it also gets hailed as "the saviours of metal", that just downright pisses me off

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Hey man, PanterA was one of he best bands, it may not be the best band, But Dimebag ****ing rocked away, he didn't deserve to die they where plannnig a reunion late this year...That nathan gale bitch has ruined it for the world..

It would be wicked for someone to cover a PanterA song..I was looknig but i only found one person and the link didn't even work..

Long live PanterA...even thoguh it won't

Fade To Black-Metallica
Yeah ok he died, its a tragedy, but some people take it too far. Like a few of these people down where I live, they are like yeah dude the war against nathan gale, they made a website about it. And whenever something is mentioned, they'll be like, "we should make dimebag [insert word here]". I remember i said something about cheese and they went on about Dimebag cheese for the rest of the day. Some people take things too far.
Do you know the Muffin Man?

Quote by Draken
My soul dies a little everyday. That's why i sold it for a pencil.

^---- Shit happens. I mean, I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of people who do the same for Cobain and Lennon, and others.

The fact is, the guy was taken too early. I hate when people say (not referring to you, WeeGie) "Everybody only likes him because he died..." But that's not true... I mean John Lennon died, and I don't like the Beatles very much. I don't like Nirvana much either. Dime was an amzing guitarist, and he brought a lot to the band.

Yeah, people over-do it, but just accept it, because it's not gonna stop anytime soon.

Just be thankful it's not "Chuck Norris Cheese..."
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by WeeGie
Yeah ok he died, its a tragedy, but some people take it too far. Like a few of these people down where I live, they are like yeah dude the war against nathan gale, they made a website about it. And whenever something is mentioned, they'll be like, "we should make dimebag [insert word here]". I remember i said something about cheese and they went on about Dimebag cheese for the rest of the day. Some people take things too far.

lol Dimebag cheese? lmao
Quote by Stratwizard
Yeah, that sounds pretty accurate.

Isn't it "Dime sings like a mother****er"?
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
People do take things too far, I like Pantera, but I was never that big on them. When Dime died I was shocked and sad, but all this "AR EYE PEE D1M3!" stuff just seems to be for personal gain rather than giving homage to the man himself.
Great band, although their singer seems like a bit of a knob. CFH is definaly one of my favourite metal albums.

edit: I realise what i just said about their singer will seem somewhat ironic with me having an Axl Rose avatar and all. Meh.
Quote by Stratwizard
lol Dimebag cheese? lmao

yes... it will come in the shape of his dean guitar and be full of metal and will play music when you open the package.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Pantera does A LOT of really good covers.. i was woundering what other ones they have done? i have the live seek and destroy, cat scratch fever, hole in the sky and planet caravan. do they do any others?
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by Sun King
Pantera does A LOT of really good covers.. i was woundering what other ones they have done? i have the live seek and destroy, cat scratch fever, hole in the sky and planet caravan. do they do any others?

I really like that "Planet Caravan" cover. Really shows that Dime can play clean (not wanking) well IMO.
^A lot of work shows off DIme's clean stuff... The SLeep, This Love, Cemetery Gates, Hollow, Floods, Suicide Note Pt 1

It's true that they're not entirely clean and a lot of them don't have clean solos, but still

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
^A lot of work shows off DIme's clean stuff... The SLeep, This Love, Cemetery Gates, Hollow, Floods, Suicide Note Pt 1

It's true that they're not entirely clean and a lot of them don't have clean solos, but still

True, true.
Quote by SGRocker0791
I really like that "Planet Caravan" cover. Really shows that Dime can play clean (not wanking) well IMO.

Yeah, I really like that too.

A lot of my favourite Pantera stuff is somewhat clean (Floods, Cemetery Gates, Hollow)... But I also like the heavier stuff, one of my favourites being I'm Broken.

I wish the Seek And Destroy cover had better sound to it.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Pan-Tallica

A lot of my favourite Pantera stuff is somewhat clean (Floods, Cemetery Gates, Hollow)... But I also like the heavier stuff, one of my favourites being I'm Broken.

yeah.. i wish that pantera live 101 had better sound quality all together.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Quote by Pan-Tallica

Yeah, I'm Broken is br00tal... such a great riff, and it's catchy as too.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Pan-Tallica

Yeah, same here. "Mouth for War," "Five Minutes Alone," and "F**king Hostile!"
I like Rise, just because it's such an over-speed killing machine

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
I like Rise, just because it's such an over-speed killing machine

That one and "Strength Beyond Strength" for me also. I forgot those two.
i like shredding skin.. i havent really heard much (from other people) about that song..then theres always the heavy crap. im broken, becoming, five minutes alone, drag the waters, ****ing hostile, mouth for war.. mouth for war = one of my favorite songs to play of all time.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
wow i never intended for this thread to carry on for 8 pages. great job people
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
STD's are lifes lil way of catching who's hand was in the cookie jar.
Member of the Gain Whores. pm gpderek09 to join