Page 5 of 56
Quote by Chris Freeman
wow i never intended for this thread to carry on for 8 pages. great job people

A Pantera thread deserves to carry on for many more than 8 pages, IMO.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
i doubt this thread will stop for a while.. well i sure hope not.

wow, that was realy dumb.. guess i talked too soon.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
Last edited by Sun King at Apr 6, 2006,
Who else thinks "The Sleep" is one of Dimebags greatest solos of all time!? I think it surpasses "Floods" all day long
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
I have not really listened to pantera in the past but today i heard planet caravan(sp?)and i was taken back it was great,reminded me alot of alice in chains,now i must get my hands on some of their albums.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
^ You do realize Planet Caravan is a Sabbath cover, right?

The Sleep is okay. I think 10's, Psycho Holiday, or Floods win for me.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Last edited by LedZeppelin at Apr 7, 2006,
Quote by liesofautumn
Who else thinks "The Sleep" is one of Dimebags greatest solos of all time!? I think it surpasses "Floods" all day long

damn straight.... I mean Floods is an awesome song and solo, but Dime had better ones... I like his SOlo in Hard Lines Sunken Cheeks and The Sleep about equally.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Solo in "F**king Hostile" is pretty cool IMO. Wah and whammy bar combined! ....but my favorite Pantera solo is the one from "Domination."
Quote by SGRocker0791
\but my favorite Pantera solo is the one from "Domination."

Mine too.
I learned that on the year anniversary of his death, that song just kicks ass. That's the one stereotypical stop/start breakdown that really does kick ass.
i like so much pantera solos.. i cant choose a favorite man.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Man i love Pantera CFH is probably my favorite but Great Southern Trendkill, and Far Beyond Driven were awesome too there all awesome. My favorite song has to be Cemetary Gates and my favorite solo is gonna be Domination.

I love pantera and im said its over but hey what can you do
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
damn straight.... I mean Floods is an awesome song and solo, but Dime had better ones... I like his SOlo in Hard Lines Sunken Cheeks and The Sleep about equally.

I will check out this song and see.
I really kind of wish they would have taken the riff/groove of "Good Friends.." and made an actual song out of it rather than just making a super obscene mess of a tune, cause that groove is absolutely killer. Just my opinion though I know people who love that song
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
^ a lot of people here seem to hate that song, but i think its ****ing cool... not really a song, but id love to leave it on some dudes answering machine "i ****ed your girlfriend last night...."
DDIMMMEEBAAGGG ph34r!!

amazing guitarist, amazing band. good ****ing metal is all i can say
Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.
hey does anyone know what the hell the Satanic Falcon is? Theres a scene in one of their home vids where the band is all in a van and Phil says "Oh ****! The Satanic Falcon!" And then this car drives up next to the van and this girl pulls up her shirt and her bra is still on. Also, does anyone know the origin of that inside joke "3"? (I.E. in "Watch It Go" theres a segment where people are like picking their ears and saying "3")
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

Quote by happytimeharry
^I'll Cast a Shadow is their most Underrated song imo. An amazing Swansong.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
that and where you come from.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
My favorite part of Pantera has to be Phil's vocals. Just so damn angry and I love how he has done what so many people try to rip off (in a lot of metalcore) and no one gets the same emotion as Phil.

Gotta love Down, not so much for Superjoint Ritual (too hardcore, and just kind of sucks in general)

Pantera have the sickest breakdowns ever too.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by AcidBath443
Gotta love Down, not so much for Superjoint Ritual (too hardcore, and just kind of sucks in general)

IMO Pantera > Superjoint Ritual > Down > Damage Plan
AcidBath has a good point. All of these chick pants and white belt wearing "core" kids dont even realize that all the breakdowns and more than half of the bands they listen to came from a bunch of redneck Texan metalheads.(With the exception of Phil, he's from Louisiana)
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

Quote by happytimeharry
cowboys from hell is an amazing song, i just got into Pantera 4 days ago and i gotta say this is the band ive been lookin for for months
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
ive just been struck by the random obsession. and im obsessed with heresy.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Recently someone sent me ****ing Hostile, before this i'd never listened to Pantera but heard that they're really good, and i really like the song, so as someone who's new to them, what songs/albums should i look out for?
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
umm,... Cemetery Gates, This Love, Mouth For War, Domination, Cowboys From Hell, 5 Minutes Alone, I'm Broken, Revolution Is My Name, Floods, Rise, Psycho Holiday, Planet Caravan, hard Lines Sunken Cheeks - that should get you started

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
^I did forget Hollow,.. The Sleep though could be a bit odd at first. It has a beautiful solo, and very nice clean sections, plus the chorus is cool. But the verse rhythm part is just,.. weird

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I've been listening to Pantera for about 4 years now, and unlike a lot of bands i listen to, the novelty hasn't wore off. There just amazing, a couple of guys playing in a band who didn't want to follow any trends - just make their own music. They had a 'We don't give a ****' attitude and that's what I like about them. Phil's vocals were just so angry and emotional and made the band complete. DImebag...what can I say? Amazing. People say 'he's overrated because he's dead'. I don't think this is true - The way I see it is now he's dead people realise what's gone. R.I.P Dimebag
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
^I did forget Hollow,.. The Sleep though could be a bit odd at first. It has a beautiful solo, and very nice clean sections, plus the chorus is cool. But the verse rhythm part is just,.. weird

Its true, i didn't really like it at first but it definately grew on me.
Thanks for the suggestions, i'll have a listen to them
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
All of the Vulgar Hits! CD
F**king Hostile
Rise
Yesterday Don't Mean S**t
Hollow
Domination
Primal Concrete Sledge
Domination
Pantera is so timeless. I play The Art Of Shredding, Cowboys From Hell, and Psycho Holiday at least once every day with my guitar and never get bored of it.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
yeah dude, i love how its like what my friend describes them as ''groove metal''. they make a riff and stick with it the whole song until a bridge or a solo. like in walk. i find them to be thrash metal but why classify the best thing that happened in the 90's?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by LedZeppelin
Pantera is so timeless. I play The Art Of Shredding, Cowboys From Hell, and Psycho Holiday at least once every day with my guitar and never get bored of it.

i also play three or four pantera songs everytime i pick up my guitar, (which is usually every day.
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
I remember first learning all of Psycho Holiday by ear...god that was a bitch but so totally worth it. That solo is a monster.
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

Quote by happytimeharry
The beginning of that solo is so great.
Quote by HuckIt