RobG&D
Some kind of monster
524 IQ
Do people listen to early stones much? (pre 1969) it seems like people only like the later stuff like 1971- now....

I'm kind of a newbie to them..and i was wanting to get into them...
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
trickie
214 IQ
Ya know not that big of a fan of the Stones, they just dont have that many good songs. But Miss You is their best song ever.
Word.
rocketqueen
10 IQ
RobG&D, Well done on choosing to follow the self proclaimed greatest rock n roll band ever! By 1969, the stone had produced hits such as street fighting man, jumping jack flash and sympathy for the devil.

Try getting their forty licks album. The first CD is dedicated to teh pre 1970's and if possible also buy one of their live albums or buy the four flicks live dvd
rocket
InSaynePig
defacing public servants
368 IQ
Quote by trickie
Ya know not that big of a fan of the Stones, they just dont have that many good songs. But Miss You is their best song ever.

I'm gonna have to go with Paint It Black.
Pl3h-B0y
UG's Egyptian
55 IQ
19th Nervous Breakdown (if its pre 1969 not sure)
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
mmonster
U.G.'s scariest member
21 IQ
Quote by trickie

no,only about twentie-something albums worth of good songs.give the first hot rocks double greatest hits a spin,it has the cream of their early stuff.
Epi es335 dot(cherry)
danelectro 59 dc12 string
Taro(?)70's Jap Strat
Ibanez 70's 6string accoustic
SongBird 104 yn classical
Johnson Millenium 150 amp
Spider LP copy
JackWhite1988
UG Addict
309 IQ
Quote by trickie

if you don't like them, thats one thing...but because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't have "many good songs". They have alot of good songs, and yes...Miss You is one of them.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Wilber
Broken Boy Soldier
487 IQ
I only dig rolling stones' music before 1969. I don't know why, I just can't get into any of their other stuff.
reckless_life
UG's n00b at heart
46 IQ
problem with hot rocks is that the double set will cost you £30-£40
Of all the sigs in the world...

This is definitely one of 'em
RobG&D
Some kind of monster
524 IQ
Pretty much albums
oh yeah and thanks for all your replies
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
KingBrendan5149
Banned
910 IQ
^ ok, wel, this would be what i think are their top 5 from Pre '69

1. The Rolling Stones, Now!
2. Out Of Our Heads
3. Aftermath
4. Between The Buttons
5. Beggars Banquet

get those now!
RobG&D
Some kind of monster
524 IQ
Thanks man i will!
The Wanderer
I am the Boss
98 IQ
Quote by rocketqueen

Try getting their forty licks album. The first CD is dedicated to teh pre 1970's and if possible also buy one of their live albums or buy the four flicks live dvd

Is it really because if that is true I like pre 70s way more. I love the fisrt disk the second is OK.
Member of the 'A7xownz' Appreciation Club. Bow down to his mighty awesomeness.
Member of "What the **** does this cool smiley mean!?" Society. PM SGRocker0791 to join!
Angus76
Mr. Tinkertrain
706 IQ
There newer stuff sucked, if anyone saw them play on the superbowl halftime show, mick sucked it up.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
rocknroll blues
<3 teh fuzz
253 IQ
Get Yer Ya-Yas Out is also a classic album, definitely one of the best live records ever released.

Midnight Rambler alone is worth the 10 bucks or whatever it costs. Shivers up my spine, every time I listen to it.

Definitely a prime example of where they were, musically, in the 60s, before the advent of arena rock and all that jazz (or not jazz, whatever). From Chuck Berry covers (Carol) to their own patented riff rockers (Jumpin' Jack Flash) to some of the most heart-wrenching blues (Love In Vain, a Robert Johnson adaptation) to heavy socio-political examination (Sympathy for the Devil), it's got it all.

Plus, Mick is hilarious. "Wouldn't want me trousers to fall off, would we?"
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
GNRrockslife
118 IQ
Quote by trickie

Miss You is far from their best. I'd say their best song ever was Midnight Rambler or Angie.

And on topic, yea, their best stuff was in the '60's and '70's. The '80's were ok, then '94 to the present they were really good again. If you want to get into them more, pick up A Bigger Bang, Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed and Exile On Main Street.
WasteofPaint
the midnight rambler
68 IQ
let it bleed is phenominal
omg.. Country honk
badd ass version of honky tonk woman (kind of hick, but is just... sweet)
of course the midnight rambler is a good time guys <<<<
when they lost brian jones, they lost some of their soul
rip brian jones
rock and fucking roll
rayIII
the whitey
1,912 IQ
Quote by trickie

uhh.. i'm kinda the exact opposite.. i don't like that disco sound.. and yeah their older stuff is good, (i cant get no) satisfaction, paint it black (their best IMO)..

their cover of route 66 is good too
Dirtydeeds468
UG Monkey
948 IQ
Angie is probably the greatest Stones song ever. Either that or 'You Can't Always Get What You Want'.

Pure, unadulterated great music.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
rplb
is there anyone out there
131 IQ
Wow, this is an intereresting post to me the sixties stones have a certain sound that is soooo good my favourite era of my favorite band.
most of you know the albums but check out these collectable albums here i just ordered england's newest hitmakers (this one is beggars but they have all the sixties stones in this addition) http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EU1KVE/qid=1146526822/sr=8-17/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i17_xgl/026-8942603-5006045 they are packaged in a mini lp sleeve i think there a great collecors item(availible on ebay to search "rolling stones mini lp"