Page 2 of 111
they are great. Alex lifeson is a very good guitarist and they are underrated. My fav song is either workin man or closer to the heart.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Last edited by gtrfrk123 at Apr 14, 2006,
Time for a lesson in mathematics

> greater than
< less than
= equal too

and i agree full heartedly
Quote by Keegs22
R30 was on MMM the other night, it was pretty sweet. Gotta love the washers/dryers...whatever they are.
yeah, that's kinda strange In Rush in Rio I think Lifeson has a Mr. Potato Head on top of his amps I can't remember if it's in R30 also.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I always think of Rush as a 70's Dream Theatre...

They're are all so talented.

I love all three.

and I for one LOVE Geddy's voice.
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Quote by Stula1031

and I for one LOVE Geddy's voice.
people either love his voice, or they hate it. I happen to love it also. Rush are a love/hate kinda band.
Quote by Thefallofman
my current favorite is tom sawyer
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
i just bought R30 today and it's really good. even the songs that i've never heard before sounded really good to me.

i didn't really get that whole thing about that movie clip before Tom Sawyer (i think it was before Tom Sawyer).

and i don't recall seeing Neil Peart smiling ONCE. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee seemed to be having fun but Neil didn't.
Neil Peart's always been like that. But it's kind of valid seeing as he lost his wife and daughter within a year of each other i think it was. But then again, he's been like that even before his loss.

He's also as I hear the type you'll never see at back stage after parties.
I really can't remember. I think one died in a car crash, and the other died from some sort of cancer.
Quote by KingBrendan5149

i didn't really get that whole thing about that movie clip before Tom Sawyer (i think it was before Tom Sawyer).

and i don't recall seeing Neil Peart smiling ONCE. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee seemed to be having fun but Neil didn't.
I think that clip is played during the intermission?

And about Neil smiling...watch Xanadu, he smiles after the intro when Lifeson looks back at him
Quote by Thefallofman
Count on you to notice everything and anything that happens during Xanadu
Quote by BrainDamage
I think that clip is played during the intermission?

And about Neil smiling...watch Xanadu, he smiles after the intro when Lifeson looks back at him

yeah, i take that back, after i watched it again, Neil Peart does give a small smile when those 2 guys dressed like pirates are swordfighting during 2112.
Quote by Maet
Count on you to notice everything and anything that happens during Xanadu

why? is that his favorite song by them?
As far as I know, it is.

Countless times in his posts he'd say "I'd spend the money on A Farewell To Kings just for Xanadu"
Quote by Maet
As far as I know, it is.

Countless times in his posts he'd say "I'd spend the money on A Farewell To Kings just for Xanadu"
Yeah, Xanadu is my favorite Rush song.
Quote by Thefallofman
Rush is so ****ing awsome.My favirote songs are Closer to the Heart,Limelight,and Distant Early Warning.
does anyone here who has R30 know how to get the easter eggs? Or is that just something thats there for people like me to take literally?
I think Rush should be classified as a supergroup. All the memmbers kickass at what they do and they are still going!!! Best Album: Moving Pictures- Best Song: Fly By night
Thats a great song, but I wouldn't say it's my fave by them. I love the band, Such a big influence on my guitar playing. All fun to play. Working Man is a great song, Limelight, Closer to the heart, Tom Sewar, Fly By Night, yyz. All F****** awsome. GO RUSH
I LOVE RUSH!!! My band plays all of they're songs.

My favourite songs are: Limelight, Anthem, Bastille Day, La Villa Strangiato, Fly by Night, I love all of they're songs!!!! It took me like a week to learn la villa strangiato on guitar, I love the first guitar solo!
Rush might be the most underrated band ever. All three of them are truly amazing, and Alex Lifeson is definitely one of the more underrated guitar players.

Personally, my favorite song is Limelight. Gotta love it.
Quote by KingBrendan5149
I like Rush a lot. Great band.

Xanadu has always been my favorite song by them.

Great song, 11 minutes of pure geneous, all 3 musicians put their time into that track, good video of it on the r30 dvd , disc 2
Quote by BrainDamage
-.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --..

my absolute favorite Rush song is Xanadu. One of the best songs ever created.

One of the rare occurences where geddy lee plays rhythym guitar at the end
Rush is great, but shouldn't this be in prog?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by blues_rocker
Yep. Cream and Rush are the only amazing trios that come to mind Actually thats a hard choice. Clapton vs. Lifeson, Bruce vs. Lee, and Baker vs. Peart. Thay're all so good, what do all y'all think? Cream or Rush?

well rush has defidently stayed together waaaaay longer and released a ton more albums, both great bands though
Quote by VChilli
does anyone here who has R30 know how to get the easter eggs? Or is that just something thats there for people like me to take literally?

just go to google.com and search easter eggs r30 , there are easter eggs , there on disc 2, there pretty good
Quote by ZeppelinFan3890
Rush might be the most underrated band ever. All three of them are truly amazing, and Alex Lifeson is definitely one of the more underrated guitar players.

Personally, my favorite song is Limelight. Gotta love it.

The reason Lifeston is underrated is due to the awkwardness of some of his solos, like "Freewill" and "Tom Sawyer" though personally, I think he's great.

One thing about Rush is that they're a band were every member's name is well known(like Led Zeppelin, THe Who, and The Beatles)
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
^^Limelight and Tom Sawyer aren't awkward at all compared to YYZ and La Villa Strangiato.
Quote by Thefallofman
yah yyz is a sick song by rush. i like tom sawyer too but i really don't listen to them much. i have to say they are all great musicians
The Allman Brothers Band > Masturbation FanClub - PM me to join.

member of The Yes Club - PM Me or distilledspirit to join.

Grateful Dead Club - PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Ten Years After Club - PM Me or VR05 to join.
So who here's listened to a Rush album other than Moving Pictures? *raises hand*
^I just bought their Greatest Hits:'74-'87, so my knowledge is limited...
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Quote by Maet
So who here's listened to a Rush album other than Moving Pictures? *raises hand*

*hand thrust skyward*
Quote by Maet

i have, 2112, fly by night, caress of steel, all the worlds a stage, rush,

what i really like about rush live is how tight they are together, neil peart is amazing and the band is never off a riff or anything, its always right there...