Page 3 of 111
Quote by VChilli
does anyone here who has R30 know how to get the easter eggs? Or is that just something thats there for people like me to take literally?

yeah they are on the second disc... i dont emember where exactly but you could google it
its just some more interviews

my fav songs are either subdivions, dreamline or closer to the heart

fun fact : YYZ is toronto's airport code, and the intro for that song is the morse code for YYZ
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Two words

Rush rules.

Geddy is an insanly good bass player, Neal Peart is god, and Alex Lifesson has some phenominal guitar playing skills..

Long live Rush
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
You're all Crazy

Their 2 best songs are Red Barchetta and The Trees. amazing songs

Speculations about another album?
the new album should be cool IMO, I've heard rumors about doing some more "Epic" stuff, and that they've been jamming and comin' up with some killer grooves.

Hopefully the recording style will be like feedback with some musical styles from...HYF, 2112 or PW
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Another epic song would be pretty cool, but I don't know. If they can top the Cygnus Duology, I'm definitely on edge for hearing it.

Feedback had a pretty cool style, but I like the hardness of Vapor Trails. They should bring back a synth or two and get a better mastering job for the new album.

Quote by TomD03
the new album should be cool IMO, I've heard rumors about doing some more "Epic" stuff, and that they've been jamming and comin' up with some killer grooves.

Hopefully the recording style will be like feedback with some musical styles from...HYF, 2112 or PW

PW = Power Windows or Permanent Waves?

It would be awesome to hear a song that combines elements of Force Ten, Jacob's Ladder, Secret Touch, Ceiling Unlimited and Middletown Dreams! Hell, if they somehow roll Permanent Waves, Presto, Vapor Trails and Hold Your Fire on to one album, there's no limits to how much I'd pay for that!
I am looking forward to the new stuff so much it's not funny. I just want a more late 70's Rush sounds again, but we'll probably not get that, since they like to keep changing their sound. Whatever they do, it'll be an awesome album , and I'll definitely get it!
Quote by Maet

Feedback had a pretty cool style, but I like the hardness of Vapor Trails. They should bring back a synth or two and get a better mastering job for the new album.
Yesterday on the bus to school I listened to Crossroads from Feedback and then went to one of my personal favorites, Circumstances, and realized how much of a difference there was in Lifeson's guitar sound. Crossroads was heavy and thick, while Circumstances was a little more light and thin...which do you prefer, his sound from Vapor Trails, Feedback, etc. or from the older albums...say Hemispheres, AFTKs, Moving Pictures, etc.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I like the heavier chords, and the lighter solos personally.

It's neat because Lifeson always has a signature guitar sound, and it gradually gets fuller over the years. Like you can't even notice it unless you go straight from 2112 and Hemispheres straight to Test For Echo and Vapour Trails.
^^yeah, except on the debut album, his sound was pretty heavy compared to other other 70s Rush. I like this full tone a lot.
Quote by Thefallofman
Man oh man am I ever glad that Rush didn't stick with there debut sound. They would've just faded into obscurity. There debut was ridiculously mediocre. Easily compared to a Zeppelin knock off.
^^I agree that the sound was very Zeppelin like...I like that album though. Am I glad that they changed? Yes, but I still think it's a pretty good album.
Quote by Thefallofman
Holy crap. I'm listening to Vapor Trails right now. Lifeson's guitar in Earthshine has the best crunch and tone I've ever heard!
Anyone have any tips for playing the solo in Spirit of Radio. I mean, I've looked at the tab, but I really have no idea how to make it sound like Alex does.
Quote by sam453
You're all Crazy

Their 2 best songs are Red Barchetta and The Trees. amazing songs

Speculations about another album?

I love The Trees! It's my favourite from Hemispheres easily. I love the instrumental interlude. Overall, it's how I would describe the ideal song. Awesome guitar, bass, drums, vocals, lyrics....everything!
^^I don't know man...La Villa Strangiato
Quote by Thefallofman
I've never been a fan of Lifeson's solos, both the way he plays them and how he puts one in every single song. He's a way better riff-maker than a soloist. I don't think Closer to the Heart needs a solo, nor does The Twilight Zone. Even when has little riffs within his solos it sounds way better.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^I don't know man...La Villa Strangiato

Haha, La Villa Strangiato is good too. I loved it long before I picked up the album. That first solo in the song is one of my favourite of all time. I guess my favourite song switches back and forth between the two. I've heard La Villa so many times that I find myself listening to the Trees more now.

I have to say though for a 4 song, 37 minute album, Hemisphere really rules. It's just that good through and through. I don't think I've ever skipped any songs (maybe cuz it's only 4 songs, duh). Even Cygnus which is a good 18 minutes I listen all the way through everytime. Cheers to such a masterful record!
I love them. I love The Spirit of Radio and YYZ.

But I seem to bee the only one who dislikes the YYZ drum solo. It seems so mechanical, sorry all fans!
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Quote by self-made_page
I've never been a fan of Lifeson's solos, both the way he plays them and how he puts one in every single song. He's a way better riff-maker than a soloist. I don't think Closer to the Heart needs a solo, nor does The Twilight Zone. Even when has little riffs within his solos it sounds way better.
well, Closer to the Heart's solo fits with the song pretty well, it's not overdone.
Quote by Thefallofman
Alex in all honesty is probably one of the more modest guitarists around.
does anybody here have the recent Rush Replay 3 DVD/1 CD set that was just released? I picked up my copy yesterday...the Exit Stage Left DVD footage is AMAZING. Worth it just for that if you ask me.
Quote by Thefallofman
I was going to buy that, but there was a massive DVD sale at the store I went to, and they had Arrested Development (full series) for $50.

I made my choice, I stand by it. I'm going to pick it up in a week or two.
Iwant to get one of there dvds real bad. Should i get R30 or that new replay X3 dvd. And hello people...anyone ever heard of the song Rivendell. Its such a beautiful song, although my favorite is probably Xanadu.
^^It doesn't matter which you get, Rush in Rio, R30 or Replay. I gaurantee that you will be satisfied with any of the three.
Quote by Thefallofman
Oh wow Rush, just kinda recently got more into them although I don't have a lot:

Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Test for Echo
The Trees
New World Man
Working Man
Fly by Night
Distant Early Warning

That's what I have any recommendations? Particularly stuff like Spirit of Radio and Test for Echo, I those tracks.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
^^ AIM
Quote by Thefallofman
Yeah I got my hands on A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and Moving Pictures thanks to BrainDamage. Other than that, I want to get the Test For Echo album. There was one I was also told to get my hands on Permanent Waves, so I figure this could be an interesting month.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

^^I don't have Test For Echo, but I can get you Permanent Waves if you want it
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage
^^I don't have Test For Echo, but I can get you Permanent Waves if you want it

hmmm..... interesting.
Quote by CornLord

Permanent Waves is a great album. It has some great ska/reggae influences on it, and it really shows them breaking away from traditional blues-based R+R that everyone was still into at the time.

EDIT - As for Test For Echo... I'd say get Vapor Trails, then Test for Echo if you want. Test For Echo has only a few notable songs (Test For Echo, Limbo, Resist and Half The World), but Vapor Trails is solid gold if you get past the lousy mastering.

Pretty much, get your hands on Resist, Test For Echo, Limbo and Half The World off Test For Echo, and The Secret Touch, Vapor Trails, Ceiling Unlimited, The Stars Look Down, Earthshine and One Little Victory off Vapor Trails, and you've got a great mix of both.
Last edited by Maet at Jun 23, 2006,
Indeed, just listening to it now, was halfway through getting Feedback but that batty BrainDamage went offline. However, i'll no doubts get it another time and seen as it took me two months to send him two badly titled black crowes albums I can hardly complain.
Quote by CornLord

^^damn straight they were badly titled...it took me a full 3 minutes to retitle them

as for the transfer, my internet connection has been really bad lately, it just shuts down every now and then. I'll get back on now and finish sending the rest.
Quote by Thefallofman
My word, the Feedback album is unbelievable, the Arthur Lee Love cover is just classic and summertime blues is awesome.

Plus I now have Vapor Trails on the way
Quote by CornLord

i bought 2112 on vinyl in a charity shop for £1.99 today.
i was wondering how it compared with the rest of their stuff as this is my first album i have of them.
Quote by Maet
and they had Arrested Development (full series) for $50.

The third season is out on DVD already?
Quote by Gin_Rummy
The third season is out on DVD already?

There's a third season?! Kickass! I was told that they stopped after Season 2.