Page 4 of 111
Quote by Maet
2112 = Overrated.

Rush have done far better things.
I think it's a decent album. The only song that annoys me is Tears.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
The album itself is overrated compared to other Rush albums. I mean everyone points to 2112 as a masterpiece, and if you ask anyone to name a Rush album, they're going to say either 2112 or Moving Pictures (more than likely anyway).

To me, the album gets it's dues, and then some. I just wish people would think outside of 70's and early 80's Rush because there's literally a whole other Rush to be explored with the 80's and onward which many people never see, or simply choose not to because they're too busy praising and playing 2112 along with everyone else.
in every rush album ive ever listened to, there were always a fiew songs i loved, and others i hated. there very dam talented they put on spectacular shows and i cant wait till they start touring so i can go see them
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
^^I don't understand why other bands can't put out live albums and DVDs like Rush. Every live release is great, the DVDs are well filmed and contain great material.
Quote by Thefallofman
Rush designate concerts that are to be filmed/recorded professionally ahead of time. R30 is a prime example.

Other bands just take what they can get.
i got really into rush when i got moving pictures, and i look to be getting 2112.

i think i already posted here though
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
Quote by Sloopy
DUDE I CANT GET ENOUGHT OF THEM. The R30 DVD BLOWS MY MIND!

if u love R30 you'll love rush in rio even more
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Rush in Rio is a fantastic DVD. ****ing amazing. tho i havent seen the R30 DVD, so i cant compare.
Quote by atc228
yeah i love rush, yyz is great. my fav is still limelight

EDIT: dont you love how YYZ's beat at the begining is morse code for "yyz"?

The morse code thing is genius whichever member of Rush thought of that
And Limelight is like one of the coolest songs i know
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Probably Neil Peart.

People can praise all three of them individualy with their instrumental prowess, but when you get right down to it, Neil Peart is Rush. Had he not replaced John Rutsey after their debut, the Rush definitely would not have been.
i personally think hemispheres is their best album by far, with signals up for second
Quote by Derigiberble
I want to get the Test For Echo album.

You're right, there's not enough TestForEcho.

Quote by Maet
I like the heavier chords, and the lighter solos personally.

It's neat because Lifeson always has a signature guitar sound, and it gradually gets fuller over the years. Like you can't even notice it unless you go straight from 2112 and Hemispheres straight to Test For Echo and Vapour Trails.

You can notice a change from say Fly By Night to Permanent Waves definitely. Alex starting using chorus on his guitars to create the feel of two guitars.

Is there anyone who likes Leave That Thing Alone? I still think it's their best instrumental, yes even more than YYZ or La Villa Strangiato. The version from Rio is absoluetely insane, the way that Alex sort of bends in the tremolo bar and fades out while Geddy keeps grooving.
My favourite album would have to be Rush in Rio. Working man is just orsum
Member #19 of Rush Fan Club.

The Larrikin Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club. PM Alter-Bridge To Join!
2112 sends chills down my spine
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
Quote by Punkskater101
neil pert...best drummer of all time..closely followed by bonnam.

the intro to "spirit of radio" is NUTS.

Geddy lee,on of the best bassists of all time

He creates the most amazing lines, yyz makes me shiver when i hear it, simply amazing
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
^ completely agree. so what are some songs by them that you guys like that not many other people do? I got a lot: EVERYTHING on Caress of Steel, Different Strings, Second half of Moving Pictures, Analog Kid, Emotion Detector, Neurotica, Ghost Rider, and theres more, but don't want to think of them now.
KID GLOVES!!!!
i dunno i just really like that one
CO-Founder of the Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or RIC4003 to join

Member#15 of the RushClub
and Alex Lifesons biggest fan

Pm Maet to join

Proud Member of the Yes Club
Pm TheHeartbreaker to join
Xanadu is one of the best songs ever.

Quote by Thefallofman
^^Permanent Waves is a great album. Man, I've been on a Rush craze lately. It's been a while since I last listened to them.
Quote by Thefallofman
I remembered some more: The Weapon, Leave that Thing Alone, The Enemy Within, and Available Light.
Quote by self-made_page
How about that outro in 13/8? Odd time signatures are my fave.

Definitely.

As of late I've been listening to almost ONLY Progressive Rock, especially Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Rush, and Yes.
Hey, Alex was born in Fernie! I've skied there!

[/pointless tidbit about my life]

Jacques
I haven't listened to Rush lately. Even though I just came off an 11 hour bus ride from NY with my iPod full of every Rush song (literally), I've been listening to three other bands more than Rush. Not one Rush song that whole eleven hours...

Dream Theater, Beck, and Daft Punk pwn.
I just started listening to them a few days ago, and I love what I've heard from the albums that I own (2112 and Moving Pictures). My favorite song would have to be "A Passage To Bangkok".
Currently Addicted to: Power Metal
The Analog Kid

greatest song ever
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Dream Theater is where it's at, man.

Amongst other bands aswell, hell yes.

I listened to Images & Words, Metropolis Pt 2, Awake, Six Degrees in their entirety on the ride. Along with Beck's Odelay and Mellow Gold, and Daft Punk's Homework and Discovery. I even watched all of Clerks 2 on that trip.

Needless to say, the supposedly 'crappy' battery life of iPods really impresed me that 11 hours.

But I digress.

For those who've heard Vapor Trails, what's your opinion on the production? It's a good album, but damned if those studio heads really fucked up in some places.