Conky420
UG Fanatic
374 IQ
im the guitarist in our currently dormant band that my friend and i started and for our school talent show he was going to the guitar part and id do bass

i have no problem with that as the only thing is i cant decide to do it or not, and also the one bass i could use without permission is old as hell the strings vibrate alot, the other one i could use is my brothers gf's wich im sure has a problem with it too, plus the amp i was gonna use is a piece, the other my brother keeps in his room.

what should i do? im leaning towards doing it but, the problem lies in the amp and the guitar i would use
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Conky420
UG Fanatic
374 IQ
your right, im gonna get up there , and rock the **** out!!

Baba O'Riley
23 IQ
There are lots of things you can do to get equipment.

You could always rent a bass and amp for the gig. Also it doesn't sound like you've actually checked to see if there's anything wrong with your brother's girlfriend's bass. So do that first before you decide on if you can use it. Are you sure your school doesn't have any equipment you could borrow either? If you can't get an amp you could always plug your bass into the school's pa system.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Conky420
UG Fanatic
374 IQ
yeah ive checked it, it seems good, im probably gonna use it, and theres a couple amps that i probably could use there so

Edit: oh and a few weeks ago the school's bass and bass amp got stolen

Conky420
UG Fanatic
374 IQ
Well! it went over fine, it could've been better had the amp not picked up the squeak from sliding on the fretboard....but besides that it went fine, at first i forgot the beat to the song i was like " Oh GOD!!!" then i remembered , calmed down and then i ended my bassline too early, my friend gave me a "WtF?" look, so he broke into the chorus, nothing much really happend after that, crowd a little bit less, if not equally, clapped loudly, the others who played gutiar got lots of applause too

Conky420
UG Fanatic
374 IQ
seven nation army.............

Mr. Bubble
237 IQ
Quote by bangoodcharlote
You'll be fine. You think the other guys in your school play Les Pauls through Marshall stacks?

actually at my school, there is about 6 people in middle school who play les paul customs n **** like that
RainMustFall
116 IQ
Quote by Mr. Bubble
actually at my school, there is about 6 people in middle school who play les paul customs n **** like that

Stupid rich kids. In my band, me and the other guitarist play Squiers. Hellz yeah.
Mr. Bubble
237 IQ
Quote by RainMustFall
Stupid rich kids. In my band, me and the other guitarist play Squiers. Hellz yeah.

I know, 13-14 years old, and playing les pauls...... waste of money really.

i play a charvel :P
Gabuydachk
443 IQ
Quote by Mr. Bubble

same at my school, but I've noticed, on average, the more expensive the guitar the kid had the more he sucked (again just my school)

'tis life
Baba O'Riley
23 IQ
Quote by Mr. Bubble
I know, 13-14 years old, and playing les pauls...... waste of money really.

I don't know if they're good and dedicated players then there's nothing wrong with that.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.