Page 2 of 7
Eh as expected all the bands are unknowns. Kauan and Elffor are pretty damn good though.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Eh as expected all the bands are unknowns. Kauan and Elffor are pretty damn good though.

I think Hildr Valkyrie, Theudo are the only bands that i have albums by. but ive heard of Mag Mell
Yeah, I've heard of maybe 2 of those bands, but I'm still going to try and get ahold of this!

is there any more info than that? like ordering information, or is it too soon?
I love this band. My favorite is Dol Guldur.

I see how much people like them in this thread, but I feel like they really don't get mentioned a lot, and I have met very few people who know them. They are absolutely fantastic.
Anyone who says MIDI sucks needs to listen to Minas Morgul. I've been giving that one many, many spins as of late.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Anyone who says MIDI sucks needs to listen to Minas Morgul. I've been giving that one many, many spins as of late.

The Passing of The Grey Company is my favourite Summoning tune.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold

Mine too. My heart skips a beat 1 minute in. Every time.
I know the part.....magical so it is.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Mine too. My heart skips a beat 1 minute in. Every time.

Aye, one of Summoning's most intense guitar moments!

I listened to LMHSYF and Oath Bound today.

I am on a HUGE kick right now and have every album from them (including their demo) loaded onto my ipod right now.
Summoning - great band! so epic

But I don't know why ppl don't like the first album
It's great! Even if it's not so epic like the rest
TRV SATANIC KVLT!!!

My Last.fm

Quote by Guitar0player
All I heard was "cookie cookie cookie"
Quote by Witching_hour
Summoning - great band! so epic

But I don't know why ppl don't like the first album
It's great! Even if it's not so epic like the rest

It's just different...

Pretty good melodic black metal if you ask me, though.
why havent i heard of this band before? just found them from the hessian.org streaming page this is good ****
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Stranglehold

so......good.......
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Somebody tell me which Summoning album I absolutely need to hear this instant, I know I've heard they're all good, but I want one that's so insanely epic that I die.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I was thinking one of those, I'll go with Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame, and take it from there.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Every song on that album is good, with Farewell being the most epic, because of the clean vocals.
Our Foes Shall Fall is great. Especially the beginning and end. Towards the middle, it loses it's touch, but it's still a great song nonetheless. I love that first verse too.

Of Oath Bound though, I'd say Bauglir has always been my favorite. It's short and it's only an intro, but it's still amazing.

How the hell is the 3 minute intro track your favorite? How do you like that more than the oh-so-epic actual songs?
Summoning is ****ing pro. I love land of the dead.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
A lot more people like them here than I expected, I had to look twice when I saw this thread here up with all the other new threads and such. Anyone have an idea when we'd get a new album from them, I know that the mini cd had been canceled and soon they'd start after Silenius finishes his parts. Are we going to have to wait another 5 years?
Hopefully not, but I heard that they are writing new material, although I don't remember where I heard it from...
Quote by The Kreator
Hopefully not, but I heard that they are writing new material, although I don't remember where I heard it from...

There website says that Protector has song fragments and they will use them next album. They should include more clean vocals in a few more of their songs, everyone is a fan of farewell so why not.
"and in the darkness bind them"
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Why oh why do people rate Oath Bound higher than Dol Goldur?? Why do they rate Let Mortal Heroes higher than Dol Goldur? Why do people make music anymore? Dont they know Dol Goldur will just smash the shit outta anything they produce??
Quote by Pernell
Why oh why do people rate Oath Bound higher than Dol Goldur?? Why do they rate Let Mortal Heroes higher than Dol Goldur? Why do people make music anymore? Dont they know Dol Goldur will just smash the shit outta anything they produce??

Probably has something to do with a preference for the superficial (more expensive sounding keyboards) over the substantive (composition and content).
Words cannot describe nor do this band any justice.

Isolate yourself from all distractions, head phones in, and you witness the descent of an omnipotent god who's voice shatters you.

Glorious.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Words cannot describe nor do this band any justice.

Isolate yourself from all distractions, head phones in, and you witness the descent of an omnipotent god who's voice shatters you.

Glorious.

High quality headphones or a real, honest to god sound system (i.e. not something you plug into your computer) are pretty much essential to listening to metal generally. We're not talking about background music here, folks.

Of course, even the best audio equipment in the world can't save Stronghold, but that's ok.
Quote by Pernell

Dol Goldur is definitely underrated. IMO it ties with Oath Bound for 2nd place, sometimes I think it's a bit better than it. First will always be "Let Mortal..." in my opinion. As VG said, words cannot describe how amazing this band is, the experience of listening to them is sheer atmospheric bliss
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame is a definite improvement over Stronghold, albeit one that suffers from the same basic flaws. Leaving aside the more limited technical resources available during the recording of the earlier material, Minas Morgul and all of the Dol Guldur session recordings seem to me to be better in almost every way imaginable than the albums which followed.