Page 3 of 7
Is Lugburz a good album? Last time I tried this band I think I listened to Oath Bound and Minas Morgul and wasn't really impressed.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur do indeed beat most of their material.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I always thought Lugburz was just a song off Minas Morgul until I just looked it up :/
Quote by linfield4466
Is Lugburz a good album? Last time I tried this band I think I listened to Oath Bound and Minas Morgul and wasn't really impressed.

Lugburz is an excellent album, although it is something of an outlier inasmuch as it is more like the roughly contemporary Abigor material than it is like the rest of Summoning's catalog.
Last edited by Sein und Zeit at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by linfield4466

Check out Let Mortal Heroes Sing your Fame and Dol Guldur. If you are not completely taken over I feel bad for you
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Minas Morgul has slowly climbed to be my favorite Summoning release, makes midi seem so... informidable.
Same as Dyers, I've only heard "Let Mortal Heroes..." but it rocks.
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
I listened to a few songs earlier, and they were alright, although I was expecting more with the hype this thread gave it. Any suggestions to listen to? Hopefully I didn't listening to what people think are the best songs of theirs.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
I listened to a few songs earlier, and they were alright, although I was expecting more with the hype this thread gave it. Any suggestions to listen to? Hopefully I didn't listening to what people think are the best songs of theirs.

Passing of the Grey Company

Nightshade Forests

Farewell

Land of the Dead

Those should showcase Summonings sound fairly well.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Oct 11, 2009,
There is no such thing as "the best" Summoning songs.
And the only way to listen to Summoning is the entire album in one sitting.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
^Indeed. Either the whole album in one sitting, or a large portion of it, if you must butcher it.
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Just found Lugburz first pressing at a local record festival/convention. It only costed $20
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by VampireGoldfish
There is no such thing as "the best" Summoning songs.
And the only way to listen to Summoning is the entire album in one sitting.

I've spent the last three hours listening to every Summoning album, on random. I love how i can instantly know which album a particular song came from. Like i only have to hear the first few milliseconds. I am never sad when a random skip comes to a Summoning song.Fuck i love Summoning
Quote by Pernell
I've spent the last three hours listening to every Summoning album, on random. I love how i can instantly know which album a particular song came from. Like i only have to hear the first few milliseconds. I am never sad when a random skip comes to a Summoning song.Fuck i love Summoning

Man I need to do this again.
Goin to sleep guys, just wanted to bump the thread. It's been too long. Night!
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
I was listening to Minas Morgul stoned a few days ago, my god that shit is great
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
the first time i heard them i was stoned, it was Nightshade Forests
been a fan since.
so much emotion
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Minas Morgul longsleeve arrived today. Looks killer, if I may say so myself.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Minas Morgul longsleeve arrived today. Looks killer, if I may say so myself.

Pic?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

summoning is an awesome band, it is probably the only band that can bring tolkiens world to live like they do and it sometimes even reminds me of burzum
<3 summoning
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by McGelie
Pic?

Search for it on perverted-taste.de, I dont have a camera...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Ok, so this band FINALLY clicked with me. Had to re listen to Dol Guldur and Lugburz, but damn, how rewarding. Also checked out Nightshade Forests. My mind was pretty much blown.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Also check out Minas Morgul, it's awesome.

Yeah I just listened to The Passing of the Grey Company and loved every second of it.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

The Kreator's Guide to Summoning

Here is samples/links from each album (oh how much their style has changed):

Demo

Interesting. Not the greatest thing ever, but worth a listen or two.

Tales From the Northern Forest (song)

Lugburz

It's good melodic black metal, Tolkien style.

Beyond Bloodred Horizons (song)
Flight of the Nazgul (song)

Minas Morgul

This is where their style really started to change, after they kicked out the real drummer.

The Passing of the Grey Company (song)
Lugburz (song)

Dol Guldur

A bit more epic, with longer songs. The Nightshade Forests EP was release shortly after continuing the album, because Summoning had so much material written that they couldn't fit it all in one album.

Nightshade Forests (song)
Over Old Hills (song)

Stronghold

Summoning's only non-Tolkien album. With this album they moved into an incredibly epic style.

Like some snow - White Marble Eyes (song)
A Distant Flame Before the Sun (song)

Let Mortal Heros Sing Your Fame

This is the album that broke boundaries in the music world. Stronghold was epic, but this is even more epic. Some people have even gone as far as to call this album "too epic." Impossible IMO. They used a choir for the first time in the song "Farewell."

Farewell (song)
South Away (song)

Oath Bound

Ok. This totally hit me by surprise. It's even more epic than the last album. By far my favorite Summoning release, and most people just can't handle so much epic at one time.

Mirdautas Vras is also the only song, not including the LotR soundtrack, to be written entirely in black speech. It's actually very beautiful, yet ugly.

Mirdautas Vras (song)

And here is a "sampler" with all the songs on the album in parts (but to get the whole effect, listen to the album in order, and then it will take you to The Land of the Dead, widely considered the greatest Summoning song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1hdzUORXq8

Land of the Dead (song)
Last edited by The Kreator at Dec 21, 2009,
Shit, that's gonna take forever to get through. Might do it later though haha
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Haha, that's awesome Kreator, good work. I'm thinking over the holidays I'm going to buy Oathbound on vinyl, and then maybe get Let mortal heroes, and Minas morgul off of ebay.

The box set is tempting..but I don't really like Lugburz, and Dol guldur is "good" for me, not "OMG"

I also want to get the Summoning logo tattooed on my arm lol. But I'm going to wait a few months, and think it over.
Quote by rotkreupel
summoning is an awesome band, it is probably the only band that can bring tolkiens world to live like they do and it sometimes even reminds me of burzum

Check out Nazgul from Italy. I think they also do a good job of tolkien-izing. Kinda remind me of summoning, but more traditional black metal influence.Although I think they also sing about fantasy in general.
Quote by technicolour
I also want to get the Summoning logo tattooed on my arm lol. But I'm going to wait a few months, and think it over.

best idea ever?

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
best idea ever?

I think so. And if I ever "grow out" of Summoning, I can just say it represents my love of Tolkien. I think I'll read some of the Silmarillion over the xmas break.
Quote by technicolour
if I ever "grow out" of Summoning

is this possible?

Sumdeus
Don't think anyone could grow out of something this epic

Sumdeus
I almost had a ****in piss attack just a second ago.

I came home from school expecting a package from the UK with my Summoning vinyl in it. When I glanced at my front door to see if the mailman had dropped it off there, I saw nothing. Not a big deal, would probably come another day.

However

As I turn to go open the mailbox, I see a sqaure, brown package about an inch thick hanging in between the mailbox and where the newspaper goes. Like if someone merely bumped the mailbox by accident, it would have fallen into the snowy street and thus have potential to be hit by a car. As I went to grab it, it practically fell loose into my hands. And it looked bent.

I swear to god if this thing didn't look this sexy, I would be calling the post office right now.

Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

fapfapfapfap

Looks amazing.... also, the post office have no clue how to handle vinyl, real pain in the arse.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Usually they bring it right to my door and just set it there... which is usually fine, or they set it on the brick "shelf" on the porch. The guy who shipped this though didn't right "fragile" or "vinyl LP" anywhere on the damned package so that might have something to do with it.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Quote by The Kreator

A bit more epic

incredibly epic style.

even more epic

even more epic than the last album

I'm interested. Which album should I listen to first?
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?