Page 4 of 7
Quote by linfield4466
Usually they bring it right to my door and just set it there... which is usually fine, or they set it on the brick "shelf" on the porch. The guy who shipped this though didn't right "fragile" or "vinyl LP" anywhere on the damned package so that might have something to do with it.

The damage isn't visible is it? If it is, fill up their mailboxes with a hose.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Nah there's no damage, but there damn well could have been if even the slightest thing went wrong.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Just recently discovered this band and now I'm completely enthralled with them.

Oath Bound and Stronghold seem to be my favorite for some reason.
I've been spinning Dol Guldur for some time now and it was recommended to me first and foremost above any of their other albums. I think that album is really good and I am going to get Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame as it seems to be getting much higher on MA. But we all know MA can be full of shit.

I was just wondering what the general consensus here is on what's the better out of those two (or are they on par?).
I've found Jesus
I prefer Mortal Heroes, it's my favorite of theirs. But I like Stronghold and Oath Bound better than Dol Goldur anyway.
LMHSYF is generally considered as one of their best ever unless i'm really mistaken
Is there even a bad album by this band? I haven't heard a dissappointing song as of yet
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

Saying one Summoning album is better then another is just plain silly
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Kinda what I was wondering about... I don't like how some of the posts in this thread go to the usual "this Summoning album sucks because of the -insert generic rant here- that they did differently on this album now let me go cry myself a river because it's not an exact replica of Dol Guldur"

I mean, from what I've heard of every album (which isn't in their entirety for all, not yet at least) they seem to invent different styles that are all recognizable as Summoning, which I respect. Stronghold seems to get a lot of bullshit, but when I listened to ten minutes or whatever of it, I felt like it retained everything I now love about Summoning.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

The only real differences I find from summoning album to summoning album is subtle changes in guitar style and keyboard sound quality.
Are absolutely all of their songs about LotR? (too lazy to check)
I've found Jesus
I can't believe I waited this long after having known about them for years to actually give these guys a listen. Good lord this is EPIC.
Quote by progbass
I stand by the fact, YES THE FACT, that Minas Morgul is the best album.

agreed
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
so i herd this band wasnt getting as much attention as they used to

Well damn it, that's a shame. I listened to Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame for the first time in months and I forgot how grand it truly is.
Guess who only has Lugburz?

This bitch right here.

But guess who's going to order Minas Morgul, Oath Bound, and Nightshade Forests in a few weeks?

Yours truly.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

hmm, better late than never I guess

Sumdeus
Summoning...

So Profoundly overwhelming, to the point where its majesty physically effects me. Countless times I have been on one of my regular long walks with no destinations, and I cannot help but literally tear up, and sometimes full blown tears, with a proud grin. Summoning has achieved the ability to tap into a fantastic source, one where sound transcends audio.

Instead, it is an entity to behold.

Today was an Oathbound day.
Never do you feel so humbled.
Yet, empowered.

I mean, holy fuck, just reciting Summoning lyrics outloud to myself gets an intense emotional response from me.

Just.

God damn.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Summoning...

So Profoundly overwhelming, to the point where its majesty physically effects me. Countless times I have been on one of my regular long walks with no destinations, and I cannot help but literally tear up, and sometimes full blown tears, with a proud grin. Summoning has achieved the ability to tap into a fantastic source, one where sound transcends audio.

Instead, it is an entity to behold.

Today was an Oathbound day.
Never do you feel so humbled.
Yet, empowered.

I mean, holy fuck, just reciting Summoning lyrics outloud to myself gets an intense emotional response from me.

Just.

God damn.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who did things like this. Although I must say, I tend to listen to Gris or Agalloch on such occasions.
I have been walking with no destination for as long as I can remember. Its the perfect way to listen to music you are familiar with.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Sadly I only have one Summoning album it was fantastic music indeed, I loved doing the dishes or cooking whilst listening to Let Mortal Heroes Sing your Fame, or just walking to class, great stuff. Just wondering where I should go from there, what would be the next logical step, I realize they are all great, but I don't want to over load myself with summoning, god knows I already have too much music to listen to, so what's next guys?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Sadly I only have one Summoning album it was fantastic music indeed, I loved doing the dishes or cooking whilst listening to Let Mortal Heroes Sing your Fame, or just walking to class, great stuff. Just wondering where I should go from there, what would be the next logical step, I realize they are all great, but I don't want to over load myself with summoning, god knows I already have too much music to listen to, so what's next guys?

Minas Morgul, Lugburz, Dol Guldur...

though really, you need ALL of them.

Sumdeus
Yeah, Summoning is one of those bands where all the releases are so awesome you need them all.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
been getting into them lately, suggest some good starting points?
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by \Powerslave/
...D..D...Dol Guldur is missing?!

It'll happen. Pwomith
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I'm quite convinced after hearing 4 of their albums (haven't heard Stronghold or Lugburz yet) that anyone who doesn't enjoy Summoning has no soul.
I've found Jesus
listen to Lugburz now.

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
listen to Lugburz now.

Can't

I can't got enough of the 4 I've listened to.
I've found Jesus
I think it's about right for me to start binging on these guys. There's something about this time of year that just screams Summoning. Time to wander the soundscapes.
Bazzumped. OOH, Bazzumped.

Point is, this band has really been making me happy the past couple of days, been spinning Lugburz an unhealthy amount.
glad to see this thread up here i was just about to search,
but i listened to Minas Morgul for the first time in forever, i dont know why i didnt like it before, its perfect.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Summoning awesome band. My fav album is Stronghold (havent listened the old stuff yet)
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.