Dardarian
*insert witty remark here
1,298 IQ
Hi everyone who took the time to read this,

A little while ago me and a couple of friends decided to form a band, just for fun. We've got 2 guitarists, a bassguitarist, and a drummer. We're into rock, punk, indie and metal music. Could anyone recommend us some songs that are fun to play and not too difficult? To give you an impression of our level: Last time we played Amazed by Offspring, wich went pretty good. Thanks in advance!

P.S: Preferably songs that use standard tuning. We don't own multiple guitars and it's a b*tch to retune inbetween songs.

P.P.S Sorry if this has been asked before, search didn't give me any good results.
our band rules
184 IQ
paranoid by black sabbth
house of the rising sun
highway to hell by ac/dc

there are loads
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
wingedgopher
UG Addict
997 IQ
early clash
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
NewWaves
UG Fanatic
232 IQ
To get a clean record if you guys make it anywhere.... Don't sound like another boy band with a guitar. Other than that... ROCK ON!

Also with the tuning thing use a capo.... I've read a lot about using multiple tunnings with just using a capo real quick. Also if your in a break while preforming and stuff just tune up quick there or buy those tuners that sit on the headstock and tune the strings for you.
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
kerrang
Turn it Up.
133 IQ
anything by the ramones. easy, easy stuff
Grammar Nazi.
STPGuitar311
66 IQ
Tuning isn't that hard, and depending on the length of your set, you're probably going to need to retune anyway at some point.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Mr. Bubble
237 IQ
When I made my Band, the first songs we started playing were:

1. Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
2. Jesus of Suburbia - Green Day

We also started mucking around with our own 12-bar blues song.... and then a bit more green day, now we just jam a bit and make our own songs.
Dardarian
1,298 IQ
Thanks for al the replies so far. About the tuning thing: retuning back to the standard tuning when the strings go slightly out of tune after a few songs isn't a problem, but if we tune from standard tuning to drop D halfway during a set the string detunes in a few seconds 'cause it's used to being an E. Mostly when I see bands perform they just switch guitars when they need a diffrent tuning.
Mattieoak
21 IQ
depends on how the guitar is too, me and the other guitarist in my band switch between Standard and Drop d all the times through sets and it still stays there.

You've gotta watch room temperature as well and also tuning a guitar backstage and then when its infront of bright lights that are hot, your tuning with go tits up. Tune up on stage, leave your guitar there then fine tune when your about to play, id always invest in a decent tuner anyway like a Boss Tu-2, never any problems with a boss. then you can check inbetween songs. what strings do you use and what gauge are they??
NewWaves
UG Fanatic
232 IQ
Also, spend some time and strecth your strings. Every time I use to do the Van Halen extreme drop down and kick up it would go out of tune in an instant. I learned how to stretch the strings and it happens about every 50th time i do any bends or use the bar. You could also practice before you go on stage. Just sit somewhere and tune your bass E down to D real quick and start playing for a little then quick tune it back up. Think of it more as bein in the core and ur drilling, panic yourself that way when you get up on stage it comes natural.
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
Dardarian
1,298 IQ
Thanks for all the advice. At the moment this band is just for fun and we're not good enough to be performing any time soon. But who knows what the future will bring!
STPGuitar311
66 IQ
Quote by Dardarian
Mostly when I see bands perform they just switch guitars when they need a diffrent tuning.

That's because most bands have tons of guitars and techs to tune their stuff for them.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dardarian
1,298 IQ
Quote by STPGuitar311
That's because most bands have tons of guitars and techs to tune their stuff for them.

Yeah that's my point exactly
Jimbo999
RHCP are the Greatest!!!
1,008 IQ
Green Day
Blink 182
Nirvana
Chili Peppers
Velvet Revolver
The Darkness

Go for it
Jimbo
roast
UG Addict
1,885 IQ
Green Day:American Idiot
Green Day:Holiday
Nirvana:Smells like teen spirit

Just 4 chord songs with 1 string solos will do.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Gabuydachk
443 IQ
play a jam song like Iron Man take turns soloing

'tis life
smitherson
MVHC
226 IQ
American Idiot - Green Day
Longview(depending on how good your bassist is)- Green Day
Any Ramones song
Smells Like Teen Spirit
dain84
UG Senior Member
382 IQ
Quote by Dardarian
Hi everyone who took the time to read this,

A little while ago me and a couple of friends decided to form a band, just for fun. We've got 2 guitarists, a bassguitarist, and a drummer. We're into rock, punk, indie and metal music. Could anyone recommend us some songs that are fun to play and not too difficult? To give you an impression of our level: Last time we played Amazed by Offspring, wich went pretty good. Thanks in advance!

You played Amazed? That's awesome! I love how Dexter sounds like Kurt Cobain in the slow "yeah-uh" parts.
dain84
UG Senior Member
382 IQ
Can't Repeat- The Offspring

ridiculously easy song to play (easiest offspring song by far), and it still kicks ass.
devilrash
12 IQ
killing in the name of by rage against the machine
any greenday is easy
paranoid by black sabath
iron man by black sabath
anything by black sabath is pretty easy
JamieB
UG Senior Member
538 IQ
Fox by Millencolin is easy to play, and also an awesome song.

Like someone said, almost anything by Green Day is easy as.

I've never actually heard Amazed, so I dunno exactly how easy you're talking *shrug*

But like I said, Fox is easy and an awesome song, so go listen and play
GuitarFlabby
43 IQ
blur - song 2
cream - sunshine of your love

green day is easy too
thesumoftwo
UG Freak
1,313 IQ
Quote by Dardarian
Thanks for al the replies so far. About the tuning thing: retuning back to the standard tuning when the strings go slightly out of tune after a few songs isn't a problem, but if we tune from standard tuning to drop D halfway during a set the string detunes in a few seconds 'cause it's used to being an E. Mostly when I see bands perform they just switch guitars when they need a diffrent tuning.

A bit late i know but the way my band do it is we tune the E-string while listening to the D at the same time and use the octave. Alternatively, jsut buy a cheap stage floor pedal tuner.

anyway, if your looking for easy songs, look at a lot of Nirvana and Greenday and maybe even Simple Plan, its a nice easy way to start.
PowPowPower
10 IQ
Quote by kill 'em pretty
green day?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
PowPowPower
10 IQ
unless is spose the better old school greenday, but if your not good enough then dont play in something so soon